Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 11.0 update isn't forced, but is required to access the eShop, miiverse, and online in some games. I'd use ctr-httpwn until a fix for OoThax is released.
I just want to get hax to downgrade it. So it would work with 10.7 right? (Downgrade without hardmod, Oothax)

Zoubiey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
God damn. I was on 10.7 just so I would be on it when my Cubic Ninja arrived and ofc my system is 11.0 now, probably because I played ORAS yesterday.. Any news on the Ninjhax?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All right, I've all but decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and patch my O3DS - because rather than waiting to buy Ocarina of Time and a PowerSaves, I'm just going to upgrade to an N3DS and use SmashHax to get CFW. Just one question: does anyone know if out-of-the-box brand new N3DS systems are shipped with old firmware? I'd imagine that they are.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

Zoubiey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The fix to CN will not allow you to downgrade an 11.0 system, there is currently no software-based downgrade method for systems past 10.7, and nobody knows when there will be one.
As far as I know im not looking for downgrade (were gonna when I was on 10.7 but not the main thing Im looking for)

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All right, I've all but decided that I'm going to bite the bullet and patch my O3DS - because rather than waiting to buy Ocarina of Time and a PowerSaves, I'm just going to upgrade to an N3DS and use SmashHax to get CFW. Just one question: does anyone know if out-of-the-box brand new N3DS systems are shipped with old firmware? I'd imagine that they are.

They will as long as you don't wait too long.

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, quick question. I have a N3DS SysNand 9.2 and EmuNand 10.6 running ReiNand 3.3 CFW and NTR CFW 3.3. If I update my EmuNand to the new 11.0.0 firmware, the opening page says ReiNand will be fine. My question is, would the NTR custom firmware still work? I could still use cheat plugins?

I also noticed ReiNand has updated quite a bit from 3.3 which I current have. How would I update mine?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, quick question. I have a N3DS SysNand 9.2 and EmuNand 10.6 running ReiNand 3.3 CFW and NTR CFW 3.3. If I update my EmuNand to the new 11.0.0 firmware, the opening page says ReiNand will be fine. My question is, would the NTR custom firmware still work? I could still use cheat plugins?

I also noticed ReiNand has updated quite a bit from 3.3 which I current have. How would I update mine?
NTR works just fine, you just have to use a 2.x firmware payload iirc from page one. I know for a fact it applies to AureiNAND/Luma3DS not sure about the older ReiNAND though it should be the same.

EDIT: ReiNAND became, AureiNAND, which in turn became Luma3DS. If you want the most updated version just replace the Luma3DS files with the ReiNAND ones. (Armloaderhax for A9LH/ .3dsx or. dat for menuhax/emunand)

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the current method if any to get Homebrew on a 11.0 N3DS without CFW?
I have Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon carts. I also have vvvvvv on my N3DS that I bought over a year ago.

I also have Powersaves and a O3DS with 10.3 with Ironhax and Menuhax that can be used to install Homebrew to carts.
Would I be able to get Homebrew Running on my 11.0 N3DS?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the current method if any to get Homebrew on a 11.0 N3DS without CFW?
I have Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon carts. I also have vvvvvv on my N3DS that I bought over a year ago.

I also have Powersaves and a O3DS with 10.3 with Ironhax and Menuhax that can be used to install Homebrew to carts.
Would I be able to get Homebrew Running on my 11.0 N3DS?
Humblehax/SMChax work on 11.0 sysnand. You can still use HomeBrew without CFW with those. You can't however GET vvvv or Citizens of Earth if you don't already have them. TBH why don't you just downgrade and either use an emuNAND or A9LH. Then you are WAY less likely to lose HBL access in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1