Hacking Unsure about Wii virgin-ising

loocas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So way back around May or June, I got my Wii hacked using the typical Twighlight Hack and got myself the Homebrew channel. After that however, I only really used it for two freeware games and haven't touched it since. I'm now interested in getting some Wii games again soon, but I'm unsure about this. I never got any ISOs or did anything past installing the Homebrew channel (my net connection is too slow to bother with GB downloads).

I'm on an old firmware (will confirm which one soon), so my question is will I need to fully virgin-ise my Wii to be able to buy some legit games again, or am I ok to go out and buy the latest titles even with the Homebrew channel looming about? Or, will simply deleting the Homebrew channel free me from the "hacked Wii" list and stop my Wii from bricking when I use an official update?

Thanks in advance,
loocas

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If that's all you installed, you can just run the hackmii installer and uninstall the HBC with it. But legit games won't stop working from having the HBC. They only wouldn't work if you are not updated enough.

And your Wii won't brick from updating officially with the HBC. The new 4.2 update has an equal chance of bricking you whether you have any homebrew or not. It SHOULDN'T either way and will get rid of the old HBC anyways, but there always still is a chance of it happening especially since it updates boot2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30