Homebrew unsigned cia's

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like can i change custom firmware easily if i get sick of luma or wish to stream or would i have to redo the whole processes
You can switch CFWs easily but there is very little reason to.

Despite its name, "NTR CFW" isn't a CFW. It runs on top of your existing CFW.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can switch CFWs easily but there is very little reason to.

Despite its name, "NTR CFW" isn't a CFW. It runs on top of your existing CFW.
is this some kind of inside joke seriously a good chunk of homebrew on the 3ds is just lies there names are outright lies seriously i swear the devs want to fuck with us XD

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this some kind of inside joke seriously a good chunk of homebrew on the 3ds is just lies there names are outright lies seriously i swear the devs want to fuck with us XD
To be fair, even current 3DS CFWs aren't "real" CFWs, but that's basically just semantics.

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, in theory, because Arm9 Kernel code execution is possible on 11.2, you can install unsigned CIAs and even set up an Emunand. You don't need to downgrade to 2.1, that is for A9LH.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, in theory, because Arm9 Kernel code execution is possible on 11.2, you can install unsigned CIAs and even set up an Emunand. You don't need to downgrade to 2.1, that is for A9LH.
in theory thats the important thing to note while possible no one is going to remake all of the things for A9LH just for it to be on new firmware it would be a huge task and a some what pointless one

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, but I couldn't recommend following one. In fact, there was a recent video guide responsible for many bricks. What I must recommend you follow is the website "3ds.guide" (having trouble with links right now, so just copy and paste the URL without the quotes). This is the guide that nearly everyone follows, including me, and I can tell you first hand, it works. It will walk you all the way through the process, from soundhax to A9LH.
from what people have been saying here this is a good video guide that follows all the steps right sorry about being heisitent to use 3ds.guide which i will go through i simply like having the guide in video forum as that stops all the little misunderstandings that tend to halt me modding something

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in theory thats the important thing to note while possible no one is going to remake all of the things for A9LH just for it to be on new firmware it would be a huge task and a some what pointless one

Yes that's probably true that no one will remake all those things since A9LH is preferable by most but it's already possible. You can just use Decrypt9 to do it on HBL right now.

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm so you can install A9LH from the homebrew launcher?

I was talking about installing Emunand on 11.2 but to answer your question, on 11.2 you need to get into the HBL (Arm11 Userland) to run FastHax (Arm11 Kernel) to run SafeHax (Arm9 Kernel) to downgrade your system to 2.1 and continue on with the A9LH installation.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what people have been saying here this is a good video guide that follows all the steps right sorry about being heisitent to use 3ds.guide which i will go through i simply like having the guide in video forum as that stops all the little misunderstandings that tend to halt me modding something

Alright, so be it. Not what I would personally choose, but you aren't me, are you? :)

Reactions: slaphappygamer

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about installing Emunand on 11.2 but to answer your question, on 11.2 you need to get into the HBL (Arm11 Userland) to run FastHax (Arm11 Kernel) to run SafeHax (Arm9 Kernel) to downgrade your system to 2.1 and continue on with the A9LH installation.
oh sorry i misunderstood you i thought you were saying there was a way to get A9LH on 11.2 without having to downgrade

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, so be it. Not what I would personally choose, but you aren't me, are you? :)
well do you think its safe im just going to use it for folder placement and general visual stuff that written guides get fuzzy on

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry i misunderstood you i thought you were saying there was a way to get A9LH on 11.2 without having to downgrade

Actually, that too is possible. That's called the OTP-less installation of A9LH. The only reason why we downgrade to 2.1 is to get our console-specific OTPs. Though, the limitation with that is that it is N3DS exclusive.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that too is possible. That's called the OTP-less installation of A9LH. The only reason why we downgrade to 2.1 is to get our console-specific OTPs. Though, the limitation with that is that it is N3DS exclusive.
what is an otp anyways and why is it important to this oh and what does it stand for no one has ever said at least from what i can find what that actually stands for also otps are new 3ds exclusive?

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is an otp anyways and why is it important to this oh and what does it stand for no one has ever said at least from what i can find what that actually stands for also otps are new 3ds exclusive?

They are console-specific keys required for decryption during boot, so we need it to be able to install A9LH. It is something that has always been there since the beginning, for all 3DS models, new, old, and 2DS included. If you want to read up on OTP, here it is: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/OTP_Registers

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are console-specific keys required for decryption during boot, so we need it to be able to install A9LH. It is something that has always been there since the beginning, for all 3DS models, new, old, and 2DS included. If you want to read up on OTP, here it is: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/OTP_Registers
thanks man i couldn't find anything out about them other than that they were console specific and necessary for A9LH

oh and how is this new 3ds specific if people are doing it with the 2ds and the old 3ds or have i confused myself?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and how is this new 3ds specific if people are doing it with the 2ds and the old 3ds or have i confused myself?
You might be thinking of A9LH installations without OTP, which I believe turned out to be dangerous and problematic (must have been, it was removed from Plailect's guide). This was New3DS only.

well do you think its safe im just going to use it for folder placement and general visual stuff that written guides get fuzzy on
Depends on the guide, honestly. The reason people, including myself, recommend 3ds.guide is because it has been proven to work, time and time again, which has garnered trust from people. Video guides aren't necessarily more dangerous (they can be, of course), but they haven't been proven anything like 3ds.guide has. Just be wary when following the instructions, and make sure to use your own OTP. The fact that you're following along with 3ds.guide is even better. So, you should be fine.

Note that the written and video guide probably differ at certain points; if you notice this, side with the written guide, as a general rule of thumb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM