Hardware Unresonsive Wii U - Locked up

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When me and a family member were playing a game with our new black Wii U, it locked up and became unresponsive. The damn thing just would not respond to anything, I even held in the power button for nearly 20 seconds and it would not power down. I hated to do it but I had to pull out the power cord. Just wondering if something like this could lead to a glitch hack, or some sort of exploit, or is it just bad game developing by the game manufacturer?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be multiple things. Freak accident, you broke the system, the system got to you while broken, the game developer did not do good when making that game, or broken game disc. I highly doubt it being a hacking method.

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without saying too much about the problem, it locked up at an in game menu, perhaps two controllers navigating the menu is too much for the Wii U.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
....with our new black Wii U...
I don't understand why people feel the need to describe their wii u with the word 'new'. It's not like that it's been out for a year or some rather significant amount of time that there would be systems out there that are not new. Every wii u is new right now.

Just one of those things that annoy me.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, don't know. I haven't seen a problem myself besides the occasional network glitch due to everyone hammering their servers.

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just a bit pissed that a brand spanking new machine would do something like that, having to pull the power cord to get it to work correctly. :nayps3:

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me once playing Nintendo Land (level 18 of single player flight in Metroid Blast to be specific), and I also saw some Mii in NintendoLand that had a comment about the same kind of freeze (although his comment appeared to be from the Donkey Kong thing)

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen earlier, but it was when I was trying to load up ZombiU for the first time. It was trying to download an update, run the game, and then we hit the home button. I guess it can just get overloaded.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I heard the thing freezes pretty often. It's not really special, pull the plug and it's fine (I haven't heard of it happening during an update).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
only problem with just pulling the plug is that you can't tell if the wii u is installing updates or firmware so it's not something you can do, does anyone know if there is a download list showing what the wii u is transferring? we all know there is a high risk of bricking if we take out the power unexpectedly.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo said that they're aware and working on it. The 3DS had a similar problem after one of the early updates, happened to me twice back then but never since.
It's just one of those things that happen to a newly released system. They are also working on making the menu faster.
"We are exploring ways to enhance features for consumers’ overall experience." they said regarding the freezing and some of the slower loading sections of the menu.

dimmujed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it appears Mii Verse is actually causing the Wii U to freeze! (and this happens in all games since all games can access it!)
Since the update rolled out the day before release, this is why you didn't see reviewers having issues or complaining about freezing.
To remedy this for the time being disable wifi / your internet connection to the Wii U till Nintendo sorts this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-