Hacking Unreadable MicroSD

saulcho009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was borrowing my friend's Lexar MicroSD 1GB to use on my new Acekard 2i while I wait for my MicroSD.
So I put all my homebrews and apps that I downloaded to the MicroSD. A few days later, I got my Acekard 2i in the mail from DealExtreme. Before I inserted the MicroSd into the Acekard 2i, I replugged in the microSD to add more apps in it plus the acekard kernal/firmware. After that I put it into my acekard and opened it on the Ds. I found that some apps that I tried to click was not working and had missing icons so I select a random app with a icon present. Then my Ds had a black screen with loading on the bottom. I waited for a long time but nothing happened so I inserted the MicroSd card into my computer to check on it. My computer says that there is no media inserted or the card was unreadable. So I googled online for a solution. I tried everything but nothing worked

I tried:
Format on a media device (camera, cell phone, etc.)
Using partition softwares
Formatting through computers

None of them worked. The only success that I seem to have on reading and formatting is my friend's Glyde SCH-U940 but after I formatted from it, it still unreadable via computer and camera. Format still fails as well.

My Acekard 2i is also still stuck on the loading screen, I have found solutions for that though, I just need solution on fixing the MicroSd card.

Please Help!!

saulcho009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that, and yes I removed it properly with Safely Remove. I also read how putting .nds files at the root of the MicroSD is bad for the card and could lead to corruption. I did put alot of my homebrews in the root of my card about 12 of them.

Do you think this is the problem? Any ways I need to get this card to work again. The Glyde confirmed that the card is inaccessible. even though you can see the folders it created and format it.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, putting ROMS in the root should not corrupt it. However, for organization purposes, make a games folder in the root and put your games in there. Whether a file is in the root or not, the file is physically stored on the same sectors on the card (unless deleted and overwritten), just the directory structure info is changed.

saulcho009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then is it just the MicroSD that consequently died on me when I put it into the Acekard 2i, it seems like it. I will be trying to use another MicroSD and see if it does the same effect.

But for now any fix that could work?

BlueJon5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bluejon.com
XP
Country
United States
try to reformat it with a black berry..yes the phone from tmobile trust me that would help ive done it with my micro sd that didnt work...im was saved thanks to my sis black berry...
ive tried the panasonic converter stuff but it would freeze and never format my micro sd
so i just use my sis phone and it works perfectly

BlueJon5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bluejon.com
XP
Country
United States
try to reformat it with a black berry..yes the phone from tmobile trust me that would help ive done it with my micro sd that didnt work...im was saved thanks to my sis black berry...
ive tried the panasonic converter stuff but it would freeze and never format my micro sd
so i just used my sis phone and it works perfectly

D

Deleted-119707

triple post? use the edit button...

i had the same problem. i couldnt do anything about it. so i got myself a new card.

babyjacky14

Trophies
XP
Country
i had that problem too. . I'm putting movies on it, but i do check the memory space first to see if its full or not, then after 25secs it hangs, i waited for an hour still nothing happen it still on hang so i have no choice but to pull it out without safely removing it on computer. In short i just yank it out. Is there any fix might solve our problem? please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended