Hacking Unpatched switch firmware version 8.0.1 or 8.1.0, which to keep?

pica200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Which firmware version should I keep on the switch, that I am intending to mod?

Currently it has version 8.0.1, but there is a pending 8.1.0 update wanting to be installed.

Got here a day one release switch, I checked and it is not patched. I made a jig and can make it to the RCM. I haven't done anything else at this stage.

I haven't been here for some time, so excuse me for asking, I did google but didn't really find (or know first hand) anything. Kind of know have to act fast, pretty sure a newer firmware is very close to being released, with the lite hot on the heals, and has been awhile for 8.1.0

Last edited by pica200,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
8.0 blocked all kind of software hacks
so keep the not patched one, as it doesn't mater which update it has, you can always hack it using RCM.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
8.0 blocked all kind of software hacks
so keep the not patched one, as it doesn't mater which update it has, you can always hack it using RCM.
If the switch is not patched, you can hack it on any firmware. His switch is not patched, therefore it doesn't matter if he stays on 8.0.1 or update to 8.1.0.

To OP: Update to 8.1.0. Everything works fine there.

Reactions: aos10

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, unpatched units have access to RCM so your firmware version doesn't matter, they can always be modded. If it's patched then keep it as low as possible as you'll have a better chance of getting an exploit down the line (though for 8.x.x it may be a long wait.)

Also, you can set up emunand (a copy of your switch's brain ran from the SD) so your system can be on, for example, Firmware 4.1 and the emunand side can be on the latest firmware. That's how patched units have to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...