Country
Canada
kangarookangaroo said:
Swifty69 said:
Platinum works for me with this
smile.gif

R4 + YSmenu
biggrin.gif

sorry i meant on DSTT. that was my bad for not being specific.

Platinum has always worked fine for me, it's just the save file -always- gets corrupted and erased..
frown.gif

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xiaoset said:
kangarookangaroo said:
Swifty69 said:
smile.gif

R4 + YSmenu
biggrin.gif

sorry i meant on DSTT. that was my bad for not being specific.

Platinum has always worked fine for me, it's just the save file -always- gets corrupted and erased..
frown.gif

yah thats what i want to know. i know it works but a lot of ppl are having troubles with saving

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swifty69 said:
smile.gif

R4 + YSmenu
biggrin.gif

if it works good with ur r4 and ysmenu, should it work good with ttds? both are using ysmenu arnt they so they SHOULD be the same? i hope so cuz i dont want to get the whole corrupt save thing going on.

xiaoset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does Pokemon Platinum use the "anti-piracy" thing, like Final Fantasy does? Maybe we need a cheat to make it work good..?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xiaoset said:
Does Pokemon Platinum use the "anti-piracy" thing, like Final Fantasy does? Maybe we need a cheat to make it work good..?

Pokemon Platinum does not have a piracy check or anything like that. The only problem is with the savefile size. Replacing the savlib.dat with the one in the first post should be enough.

xiaoset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
xiaoset said:

Pokemon Platinum does not have a piracy check or anything like that. The only problem is with the savefile size. Replacing the savlib.dat with the one in the first post should be enough.

smile.gif
I've tried all possible solutions, every. single. thing. It just doesn't wanna stay valid, always corrupts and gets erased.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Big thanks to niu, pendor and the people on the Japanese forums for these fixes.
My cousin who now has my old DSTT is happy to have these games working now
smile.gif

skusa93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I know it's my first post, but I did read through ALL the replies, and tried to figure this out on my own for quite some time before posting.

I simply cannot get YSMenu to create 1MB saves, no matter what I try. Using R4YSauto, I have tried decompressing the TTmenu.7z file, manually inserting the two .DAT files, tried putting them in after I create the firmware with R4YS, but nothing seems to work.

I believe it might be because I have a cloned card, which supports SDHC, running a "v1.25" firmware, but so long as I boot into YSMenu from this 1.25 firmware, I wouldn't think it would make any difference, it's simply the only thing I can come up with though.

If someone could either send me their TTMenu folder, or try and help me fix mine, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
smile.gif

lsp_kill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a short question: Does the savlib.dat make my YSMenu create 1mb save files for every game or just for the games which really need a 1mb save file?
Because i don't want a 1mb save file if the game needs only 512kb.

Quick Smash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skusa93 said:
Firstly, I know it's my first post, but I did read through ALL the replies, and tried to figure this out on my own for quite some time before posting.

I simply cannot get YSMenu to create 1MB saves, no matter what I try. Using R4YSauto, I have tried decompressing the TTmenu.7z file, manually inserting the two .DAT files, tried putting them in after I create the firmware with R4YS, but nothing seems to work.

I believe it might be because I have a cloned card, which supports SDHC, running a "v1.25" firmware, but so long as I boot into YSMenu from this 1.25 firmware, I wouldn't think it would make any difference, it's simply the only thing I can come up with though.

If someone could either send me their TTMenu folder, or try and help me fix mine, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
smile.gif

Your using an R4-SDHC right? (NOT a R4i-SDHC thingy)
Thats the same one I'm using & same firmware (1.25), how'd you get YSMenu to work on yours? I followed every guide and in the end it always failed for me, either it's just LOADING... or crashed with an error message when loading a .nds >>;

Anyway, can this expand .sav's on R4 firmware alone or it has to be used with R4+YSMENU or DSTT?

lsp_kill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Smash said:
Anyway, can this expand .sav's on R4 firmware alone or it has to be used with R4+YSMENU or DSTT?

This will only work with DSTT firmware or YSMenu.
The R4 firmware is very outdated.

Btw: Does somebody know how to modify the savlib.dat myself? I couldn't find a tutorial or something like that (but I assume I need to hexedit it?) and I don't like to wait for updates.^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes::angry: I Love Pianos 😡