Hacking unofficial gamesd plugin 1.4 [test]

lucks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

for those who don't need the complexity of storageManager here is an "updated" gamesd plugin

there are 2 versions in the zip, orig and uma0.

orig is the unmodified gamesd + celesteBlue fix
uma0 is gamesd + celesteBlue fix + sony mc as uma0

Changes:
  • merge PR #10 (sony mc as uma0, uma0 version only)
  • Implement wake up fix from StrorageManager

I don't know if StorageManager really fixes the wake up issue and i don't know if i applied the fix correctly (src included)

Credits:
xyzz - gamesd plugin
ddxcb - uma0 patch
CelesteBlue - StorageManager and wake up fix

Attachments

• unofficial_gamesd-v1.4_lucks.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by lucks,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ALL good news, but I have two things to add. We probably need to actually mount "uma0" as "ux0" to even use the content on there with any program, it would be a worthless feature to manage multiple storage devices, except for the fact that if you mount "uma0" as "ux0" you can pop your psp games on there for adrenaline, then switch back to "ux0" (sd2vita) for the games on your bubble.

Considering H-encore and 3.68, the above is probably not doable without multiple config files and a restart, so maybe the update is not worth is.

THE standby fix for "gamesd" plugin, would be nice on the previous version, but I don't use standby or for long periods, so never had that problem, and "never" had problem with "gamesd" plugin for sd2vita card.

The situation in managing multiple storage devices, is still, not very good, but since the project isn't dead.

I'll be back to keep posted, interested in this.

(the best I could do on 3.55 firmware a year or two ago was the usb stick plugin, switching between that and the official memory card, but from what I'm reading, not much as changed, I mean its still prone to crash and stuff switching devices like that)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

lucks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@MyLegGuy

yeah, uploaded a clean version

celesteBlue fix needs more testing, on my psv the problem is not that big but i know someone that has this problem and his screen turns on every 10-20 minutes, but he barely know how to turn on a pc so there s no way he can test this <.<

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok