Hacking Unoffical -- USBloader_GX(S)

Sketter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am unofficially calling this GXS. (But it is not the official name, just my preference to it's reference. (pune won't let me rename it
hate2.gif
)
(S stands for Sneeks. This loader is a sneeks compatible version. There will still be a USBLoader_GX that will work outside of the nand emulation)

For those of you have been fallowing A pune cIOS coming near you, this is a continuation.

As I stated before, pune's modded code of Crediar work as been able to change the way we play games, (at least in nand) and he has come to a point where he isn't making a cIOS, but he's taking a stab at modifying the USBLoader_GX to make it fully compatible, and play every game without issue in sneeks.

The USBLoader_GX(S) also won't rely on any of the widely used cIOS used today. So as pune has said before, this isn't a cIOS, it's just doing something completely different.

: all GX is, is a way to tell the IOS what game to play. since sneek is basicly a IOS, you just change the IOS commands from ones that the cIOS wants to ones that sneek wants and shit works fine
: it works just like in the disc channel. but you can have a interface to select games. and playing the game can be done exactly like the disc loading in GX now
: since it sees every game in the USB drive as a regular disc
: its genius really

: and since GX can already play channels, this wll let you ge every VC/WW channel on your usb HDD and it will load

There is a major change to all this.

pune's method will require all games to be decrypted.

: but you will probably need to convert the games to an unencrypted format for them to work like this
: you can make it work, but its a bunch of extra work that the data has to go through on its way to the PPC which doesnt need to happen
: i already made a game dumper that can dump any game that GX can load into its decrypted contents
: this format is the absolute smallest you can have a game and still have it 100% playable
: and its unencrpyted. if i want to play wbfs (encryped) games, i have to add decryption shit in the DI which im too lazy for
: this is smaller than wbfs

If plans work out, the loader will have the option to decrypted the game(s) and place them in another folder for the GX(S) to read/play them.

: well its only been used 1 time. i ran it last night and it dumped madworld perfectly. but i havent run it on any other game yet

Pune will probably be mad at me for posting all this, but it's encouragement!!

One final important thing!

: if you share it now, people will expect it to be done soon. this will be done when its done.

There is no time line on this people. So just sit tight!!

(old stuff but still relevant)
video of proof of concept.

www.sketter.net/pune-cIOS/out-3.mp4

VID of MPT IOS reload fix proof of concept.

Credit when Due
Crediar
Pune> this is actually just a modification of the current sneek di module. 90% of the code is from crediar

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be awesome when its done. It looks fantastic already.

I just hope people don't go all ballistic during the wait ala Reggie.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So i'm gathering this thing will have perfect compatibility when its done. But to get that compatibility you would have to go through sneek rather then the actual nand? thats sounds pretty good to me.

Best of luck and heres hoping no noobs bug the hell of anyone working on this enough to make them stop.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A very interesting concept. I've got quite some questions, but since this is a work in progress, I guess I'll better wait until giantpune says it's finished or in beta stage.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't say decrypted, decrypted is a decrypted binary file of the .iso or partition to me. Or is it using that now?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Once things like mPlayer work in SNEEK then we can auto boot into the GX(s) interface. This will be the closest to a "play all" app that people want. The closest to a menu replacement too.

Can't stop saying that in 2010 we're getting spoiled
smile.gif

D

Deleted-171178

If this works with the Wii's real NAND, it will probably be the most used CIOS.

D

Deleted-119394

Sorry, if this doesn't fit to this thread. I don't quite understand the main advantages of using a nand-emulator? Nand = Complete Wii System?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
If this works with the Wii's real NAND, it will probably be the most used CIOS.
It's not a cIOS, it's a USB loader working in (usb)SNEEK

What I think people will do from real nand is something like ... ??
Put Wii on > prii loader boots a dol to launch SNEEK with arguements to open GX(s) > launch games, channels and apps from here.
smile.gif

QUOTE(snakesnoke @ Mar 26 2010, 07:41 AM) Sorry, if this doesn't fit to this thread. I don't quite understand the main advantages of using a nand-emulator? Nand = Complete Wii System?

Too many to list, nand emu lets you store way more "stuff" EG saves, WiiWare, VC. It makes it portable from one Wii to another. It makes it easier to hack/look/experiment/ do whatever with files from the nand safely. Loads more things.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
NOW were talking
smile.gif
. This was exactly what I hoped for, no need to reboot into the Menu, just play the games from a nice-looking loader, with 100% compatibility. Now everything can be on one HD, Saves, Games, Covers, Channels. And, because you use decrypted games, shouldn't we have a simple Riivolution too? Drag and drop the files, and dang, you're done. Now, if any other patching from the loader works too (Cheats, Force Language, Force Video, BCA, etc.), I'm damm sold. This seems to be the holy grail, at least for me.

Pune, awesome work, I LOVE it
biggrin.gif
! Keep your time, I can wait for such an awesome thing!

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
NOW were talking
smile.gif
. This was exactly what I hoped for, no need to reboot into the Menu, just play the games from a nice-looking loader, with 100% compatibility. Now everything can be on one HD, Saves, Games, Covers, Channels. And, because you use decrypted games, shouldn't we have a simple Riivolution too? Drag and drop the files, and dang, you're done.
Somewhat, though it still suffers fom the issues that wiiscrubbing most ll=ikely would

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, anyone who want's or thinks their going to use this has to first learn how to compile their own SNEEK DI. " a statement not a question "

good luck with all the problem solving and questions from noobs.
smile.gif

Other than that, for us that got SNEEK already, ...... cool, I'll try it.

good work pune, and good luck.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bumpman said:
Blue-K said:
NOW were talking
smile.gif
. This was exactly what I hoped for, no need to reboot into the Menu, just play the games from a nice-looking loader, with 100% compatibility. Now everything can be on one HD, Saves, Games, Covers, Channels. And, because you use decrypted games, shouldn't we have a simple Riivolution too? Drag and drop the files, and dang, you're done.
Somewhat, though it still suffers fom the issues that wiiscrubbing most ll=ikely would

Well I bet pretty soon you'll be able to copy the files you want and run an app to build a new fst.bin. And most of the problems with wiiscrubber are people not using it right.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
this is going to be awesome. too bad that my vacation starts too early..
i hope giantpune is going to put crediars magic fingers on other loaders like wiiflow too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte