Unmodding an Xbox 360

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!
Is there anyway to remove the RGH/JTAG hack from an Xbox 360? Would you be able to use it like a retail console after it's been unmodded? Like, connect to Xbox live,etc.
Any help would be appreciated.

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sure - just flash back your NAND backup you created while modding it.
Finally remove the hardware mods (cables, diodes, resistors, modchips, etc.) and you are done.
The problem is I didn't mod it 🤣. Thanks for the advice though 🙏.
Just one question, I have installed the modded compatibility partition on the HDD. do I need to remove that too? Could that get me banned?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I copied my game saves before I modded my 360, should I replace them with the ones on my HDD just to be safe?

Keep them on a USB device, easier for backups of said save games.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem is I didn't mod it 🤣. Thanks for the advice though 🙏.
Just one question, I have installed the modded compatibility partition on the HDD. do I need to remove that too? Could that get me banned?
If you don't have a backup of your clean NAND, you can not unmod your xbox.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks! 🙏
One final word, is it even worth it to unmod my 360?
I mean, the reason I modded it was that I wasn't using it as much as my Series S. So I thought I should mod it to give it a "new start".

I'd say no, best to just purchase another 360.

If you don't have a backup of your clean NAND, you can not unmod your xbox.

You only need the CPU key and KV, iirc Jrunner has the ability to build a clean NAND with that.

Edit: I do agree with the clean NAND backup being the better option.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's worth considering that if your Xbox 360 has a different HDD than the one that came with it, it wouldn't work, though not sure if this has changed recently or not (correct me if i'm wrong).. You can still work around it but it there's a limitation on what drives are compatible, with specific serial numbers, though again i have no experience with it, maybe someone can chime in and shed some light on the matter..

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's worth considering that if your Xbox 360 has a different HDD than the one that came with it, it wouldn't work, though not sure if this has changed recently or not (correct me if i'm wrong).. You can still work around it but it there's a limitation on what drives are compatible, with specific serial numbers, though again i have no experience with it, maybe someone can chime in and shed some light on the matter..
Afaik, it's still only wd scorpio drives, 500GBs or less. I did this mod before jtag. It wasn't too difficult, just use serial number to format drive, inject security sector, create partition which is Xbox compatibility partition, and install official update of your dash kernel to get avatar stuff back. I don't remember how to do all that since it was like 15 years ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XDFstVaHA