1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Hekate is loaded outside of the NAND (it exists in RCM) so exFAT support is irrelevant to Hekate.
    AutoRCM has nothing to do with exFAT support.

2. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    newb question sorry, I'm on 6.0.0 firmware year old Switch and I have a jig, I believe 6.0.0 was released after 5th Sept does that mean I can't install CFW?

I've been spending some time trying to find a definitive answer, but so much stuff to read, I've been refusing updates for the past 2 months, but can't play Grip until I update the firmware (it was working on 6.0.0 but now refuses to load until i update firmware)

Obviously I know I don't want to update to 6.0.2 at the momemtn so suspect I should get the CFW installed now

Thanks!

3. Kubas_inko

OP Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    Yes, you can. Just edited it. Kinda forgot about this part.
    Just don't update to 6.2.0 yet. That one is currently unhackable.

Vinceherman likes this.
  4. Vinceherman

Vinceherman GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    awesome thank you, great guide, hopefully give it a go tomorrow evening

5. LoseSilent

LoseSilent Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sorry if this was asked before. I've not been able to find a clear answer on it. My switch is on 2.0.0 and I've only ever played a few games on it. I have not tried to run any exploits on it. I've been waiting for a semi-idiot proof guide to show up.

If I follow the backup steps below, will my backups have any evidence of a mod? will there be log lines saying I've booted into Recovery? will the bootloader/OS have any changes that exist in my back up or will it be 100% factory with a nice looking log?

I get that people (so far) have been safe to restore from a backup and go online without a ban. I'm just wondering if there is evidence on the console after booting into Hekate and taking a backup then restoring.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  6. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    As long as you have not run anything, there shouldn't be any traces.

7. mowsie

mowsie Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah if you want to get banned do this

8. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    XCIs are safer, not safe. You can get banned no mater what.

9. WeightedMite53

Newcomer

United States
    So when I started following the guide I made a noob mistake of having the CFW on the card in the system before conducting my NAND backup, I thought this would work like flashing a ROM to an android phone so I expected the option to back up the NAND would be similar to TWRP or something, what a dumb mistake. So is my NAND now corrupted and completely banable by Nintendo. My console was in Airplane mode and was only booted for 30 seconds before I realized the error in my ways. It would suck to know there is no way back to vanilla 30 seconds into modding my switch.

10. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    I'd say that it would be still safe. But I don't guarantee it (if you used AMS only, it should be safe).
    Have you ever send any error logs to ninty (simply said, did you ever get any error logs while online)?

WeightedMite53 likes this.
  11. WeightedMite53

Newcomer

United States
    Before I did anything on the switch I configured the DNS and I put the console in Airplane mode. Once I launched into KosmOS I shut down the switch (because I realized it was a mistake), cleared the SD card, and started a NAND backup. It just seems really iffy on what Nintendo will attack and what they won't, the Console never ran any homebrew applications or anything of that nature. My console is on the latest 8.0.1 and I never received any crashes or errors while in the OS. I was just wondering if I removed the SD card and undid all the DNS settings if my console would be super banned along with my Nintendo Online account. The one other thing I am scared of is that when the console booted out of cutosity I tried the homebrew appstore and it did give me an error for being in airplane mode and told me to make sure that my DNS was not blocking the needed sites, is damning to my chances of running legit games online?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  12. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    I'd say it is safe. If you really wish to start over and fully clean your NAND, you'd have to rebuild it from scratch (which isn't easy and takes some time).

13. WeightedMite53

Newcomer

United States
    Thank you so much for the quick reply's, I did update my following post with "The one other thing I am scared of is that when the console booted out of cutosity I tried the homebrew appstore and it did give me an error for being in airplane mode and told me to make sure that my DNS was not blocking the needed sites, is damning to my chances of running legit games online." Would this change anything?

14. WeightedMite53

Newcomer

United States
    Thank you so much for the quick reply's, I did update my following post with "The one other thing I am scared of is that when the console booted out of cutosity I tried the homebrew appstore and it did give me an error for being in airplane mode and told me to make sure that my DNS was not blocking the needed sites, is damning to my chances of running legit games online." Would this change anything?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - instalation, Universal, guide