Hacking Unique Wii/Dios Mios problem

spungeuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a few issues and I'm getting nowhere on my own, I'm calling this a unique problem because I haven't found anyone who has had similar issues. Here's my problem. Last weekend I loaded Dios Mios on to my Wii, everything worked 100%. After being away for a few days I came back and my Wii refuses to boot games (goes to black screen, no splash), it also will not play original GC games (also black screen, Wii games work fine), sometimes the console just switches to standby mode immediately after attempting to boot. I am using the same usb drive and I haven't changed any settings on my Wii. I'm using the latest version of Dios Mios and the correct version of usbconfig. My drive is a kingston 8GB flash drive.

Two things I have done that are worrying me.

1) Whilst loading usbconfig I had the usb drive in the wrong slot, I removed this and placed it into the correct usb slot without turning off system. Would this of damaged files on my Wii? I have reformatted drive since ( fat32, 32kb clusters) and still have the exact problem.

2) I tried to transfer some GC saves from usb to Gamecube memory card using Savegame manager on the Homebrew channel (I know this isn't possible, but I was curious to see if it would work) and the screen went crazy and then black and the wii mote was having a seizure. Could this of corrupted my Wii somehow? the console booted up fine afterwards.

If anyone out there has any advice on what I should do, it would greatly appreciated.

If I can't solve the problem would you think that reflashing with the nand will fix what was broken?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if the wii crashes on the data management screen, if it does, #2 is why. Lol.
Next time you fuck with shit that modifies the nand blindly-- oh wait. You shouldn't ever do that. :glare:
GCMM is what you use for GC save managment.

Basic Troubleshooting stuff.
Post a Syscheck here on GBAtemp.
Do you have bootmii? If so is it as boot2?
I suppose you should install a clean BC and MIOS, and try loading retail GCN games.
Delete your Loader config files, making them default at the next time you boot your loader.
Try another loader, like USB Loader GX r1215.
Restore your most recent NAND Backup if you have one, but that is a last resort.

spungeuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou for your reply. Everything is working now, although i can't explain how. I'm a little rusty working with the Wii, its been over 3 years since I originally soft modded it and I had forgot almost everything about the process.

To get the Wii working what I did was this. 1) Entered Priiloader and disabled multi region wii (left multi region gamecube enabled). This allowed me to get just one game working (tales of symphonia, ntsc) and the rest failed to load (other games are a mixture of pal and ntsc), this also got the original GC games to work from disc.

2) To get the other games working I had to enable the widescreen setting in configurableusb
for each individual game. After doing this everything plays 100%.

When I first did the Dios Mios hack, I was using a different TV, other than that I have no idea of what I did but it seemed to work. I hope this will help others who have encountered similar problems.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it further and try to find out what got screwed up, but for now I'm going get some game time in :)

If you are still interested I wil post a wii syscheck as soon as I get my sd card reader back from my sister. I wouldn't mind knowing if there is anything amiss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: https://garticphone.com/en/?c=0013ff1238