Uninstalling WADs and keeping save files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lixoman100, Apr 2, 2009.

1. lixoman100
    OP

lixoman100 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Brazil
    Hello,

Since the Wii's memory is pretty limited and the SD solution does not really like the WADs installed with WAD manager, I have a question.
    Say I need space on my Wii to install a new WAD. According to what everyone seems to say, I should uninstall the WAD using WAD Manager, as it clears all traces of the WAD from the system. The problem is, this includes the save file, and I didn't want to remove the save file, as I might want to play the same game again at a later date.
    I could copy the save game to the sd card before uninstalling the WAD, but some games don't allow it. There was an application for that (Savegame Extractor, I believe) but it doesn't seem to work for WAD games.

What should I do, then?

Thank you.

2. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Use Gecko OS's copy flag remover (if that's what it's called, sorry if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've used it). That should stop the block stopping you from copying the file.

3. lixoman100
    OP

lixoman100 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Brazil
    Ok, thank you for your information. I didn't know GeckoOS did that. I did some reading on it.

Unfortunately, according to what I have read, the GeckoOS rebooter stopped working on some update - 3.3, maybe? - and my Wii is on 3.4. I suppose this couldn't be done without some kind of downgrading, then?