Hacking Uninstall Wads

Reidolph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just booted my Wii back up, I haven't ran it for a few years. I remember I followed a mod guide that had me install 30 wads from a pack. How can I clean those out to start fresh?

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Reidolph,
You don't really wanna 'clear them out' as they are all something installed into thirty different slots.
This is particularly important where your system menu and the IOS it uses is concerned - you could brick if your not 100% sure what's where and why.
If the wii's running okay why don't you leave it as is?
Failing this I would suggest you look at the Modmii thread in wifi forum section
:)

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uninstall the wads using YAWMM. That's what I do all the time and it doesn't affect anything. The other way around is with Any Title Deleter MOD, you just go to installed channel titles and you can uninstall any game from there.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall the wads using YAWMM. That's what I do all the time and it doesn't affect anything. The other way around is with Any Title Deleter MOD, you just go to installed channel titles and you can uninstall any game from there.
Just be careful with this, OP, and listen to EddieEddie90 and only delete the installed channel titles, not IOS or system or anything else, unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Reactions: EddieEddie90

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I moved your "not a tutorial !!!" into the appropriate section : hacking questions for Wii (not Wiiu) not being a tutorial.

Please, do NOT delete anything.
first, you should know what you currently have before attempting to edit your console's system.
this is done by following the "syscheck tutorial", you can find it in my signature.
THEN only, we will tell you what you have to do (if you really need to do something).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Re soft mod your wii as if it has never been nodded before using Modmii's wizard feature. If u want to free up space by uninstalling actual channels then do so through the wii's data management menu as there is zero risk using that method. If u uninstall the wrong wad or delete the wrong title you can possibly brick your console (unless u have bootmii as boot2 and a nand backup, then u are invincible)

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1