Hacking Uninstall cIOSCORP

Playgame38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I uninstall cIOSCORP? From what I have read I need to get the original IOS's, but which ones, full file names would be appreciated.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just update
rolleyes.gif

Playgame38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puma said:
Or just update
rolleyes.gif

I'm on 3.2U with all the safe updates installed, why would I update, wouldn't that do more possible damage/work?

QUOTE(afif95 @ Jan 26 2009, 08:54 PM) Give IOS Downgrader a run, as from what I heard anyway

I'll try it and edit the post later about how everything goes.

Playgame38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
it would replace your ios since all your ios have been patched with dip7 and updating would remove all of that then u woudl just have to downgade back to 3.2
First thing is that IOS Downgrader v1.0 installed fine but did not seem to effect anything.

Second: I'll do a regular BIGN update and then downgrade after that and see if that had any effect.

Thanks for you help guys
biggrin.gif
, if this works.

Playgame38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
update to 3.4 and then downgrade with cIOS and IOS downgraders, I have done that like 15 times...!!!
smile.gif

I did the above easy as pie, if your not a noob, but I have no way to confirm that cIOSCORP was removed.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Playgame38 said:
ether2802 said:
update to 3.4 and then downgrade with cIOS and IOS downgraders, I have done that like 15 times...!!!
smile.gif

I did the above easy as pie, if your not a noob, but I have no way to confirm that cIOSCORP was removed.

I can garentee that it was removed, as your wii redownloaded all the ios's from nintendos servers, and overwrote cIOSCORP ios's.

Playgame38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
I can garentee that it was removed, as your wii redownloaded all the ios's from nintendos servers, and overwrote cIOSCORP ios's.
I'll take your word for it, plus they should add how to remove cIOSCORP to the thread, cause you know cSM will be coming!!!

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
is it not better updating via a disk....It is !

Because we never know when nintendo v3.5 will arrive

....I tihnk the best bet is getting a hold of the following disk for your region

-enable disk update if turned off (via your starfall/modchip setting) etc

eg
3.3v2
Animal Crossing (PAL/US/JAP)
3.3v1
Wii Music PAL

then update through disk channel

then it is easier to downgrade again through the bazillions of methods as described -- to v3.2

of course this assumes you are on 3.2 or lower otherwise the disk would not ask you to update

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
propered said:
is it not better updating via a disk....It is !

Because we never know when nintendo v3.5 will arrive

....I tihnk the best bet is getting a hold of the following disk for your region

-enable disk update if turned off (via your starfall/modchip setting) etc

eg
3.3v2
Animal Crossing (PAL/US/JAP)
3.3v1
Wii Music PAL

then update through disk channel

then it is easier to downgrade again through the bazillions of methods as described -- to v3.2

of course this assumes you are on 3.2 or lower otherwise the disk would not ask you to update

You can also use cIOS downgrader to go directly to the version you want.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Playgame38 said:
HaniKazmi said:
I'll take your word for it, plus they should add how to remove cIOSCORP to the thread, cause you know cSM will be coming!!!

are you sure cSM is coming? have there been any updates?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cSM is coming but the iffy thing is that everything that made cSM so revolutionary has now been done.

We have Preloading, Region free discs from the disc channel, Health screens, animated wads, and much more. I dunno, part of me hopes that fors Has something big up his sleeve cause i dont want his work to goto waste.

Pewpdaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty old thread... But I was looking for info on this today... Since I only recently found a use for BootMii and it's newer polished look was impressive when I hooked up my bro's 4.2 system.

Anyways I used DOP-IOS to remove cIOS corp since BootMii would not go in with cIOSCORP installed.

Yes the process if very long I installed the original ios9-70 where available, in a few cases the older version was the only option... Hopefully this will help some hapless sap such as myself in the future. =]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)