UNEEK+DI Install problems :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JustChillin1414, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010
  1. JustChillin1414
    OP

Member JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Canada
    Well, I've tried for two days to get SNEEK working and it just isn't cooperating... I have bootmii installed as boot2 and homebrew ect. The problem is that I get a black screen on boot. So to install SNEEK I used NUS Auto Downloader. Here is what I did:
    1. s + enter
    2. 3 + enter
    3. ud + enter
    4. entered my sd path
    5. entered my usb path
    6. u + enter
    7. 4.3 enter
    8. entered my serial
    9. yes, numerous times
    10. and then it started working

So my sd looks like this:
    bootmii
    -->armboot.bin
    -->bootmii.ini
    -->ppcboot.elf
    sneek
    -->kernel.bin
    And the usb looks like this
    sneek
    -->di.bin
    -->font.bin
    -->kernel.bin
    And here's my nand (on usb)
    import
    meta
    shared1
    shared2
    sys
    ticket
    title
    tmp

So any suggestions?

2. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i'm a little confused by the way you listed your sd contents on your sd you need armboot.bin in the bootmii folder and kernel.bin in the sneek folder nothing else needs to be there on the usb you need those three files you listed in the sneek folder you might already have that the way you listed the files i dont know if you meant they were in the folder or in root.

you also need one game extracted to a games folder to run DI looks like you are missing that.

if you do have all that try running the sneek auto installer to reinstall and it should go.

3. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    Damn, when I wrote that in I added spaces to show the folders but I guess when I posted that it took that formatting away [​IMG] OK, I'll edit the first post and try your suggestion.

4. jefffisher

United States
    alright that's what i thought was just making sure you definitely do not need bootmii.ini or ppcboot.elf on your sd card for sneek and you need a game on the harddrive to boot it at all with di installed if it still doeesnt work after you add a game try the autoinstaller and if still no boot after that try without di.

5. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    Okay, still not working... Here's my sd
    bootmii
    -->armboot.bin
    sneek
    -->kernel.bin
    And my usb:
    games
    -->Game Name
    ----->cert.bin
    ----->files
    ----->sys
    ----->ticket.bin
    ----->tmd.bin
    sneek
    -->di.bin
    -->diconfig.bin font.bin
    -->kernel.bin
    import
    meta
    shared1
    shared2
    sys
    ticket
    title
    tmp

I dunno what's wrong... but something must be working if that file appeared... What's the autoinstaller?

6. jefffisher

United States
    now it looks like you might be missing the kernel.bin on sd card.
    everything else looks in order delete that diconfig.bin and reinstall using this installer from here http://code.google.com/p/sneek/downloads/list and give it another go

7. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    YAY! I just reformatted and now it works! [​IMG] Just one problem... When I hold 1 to bring up the sneek menu the whole system freezes. The remote turns off and doesn't accept any input... But the music and animations keep playing. I can't press the power button in this case either, I have to pull the plug. What do I need to do now?

8. jefffisher

United States
    that same thing happened to me, i had to give up on di for now and just run uneek with no di, NReale3370 said it was a problem with sneek+di versions above 102 on certain harddrives. you can wait for it to get fixed use version 102 or just not use di for now.

9. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
  10. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    The whole point of sneek for me is to be able to install vc and wiiware without clogging up my SD card and my wii's memory and to be able to play games off the hard drive, which would be the point of sneek di for me...

11. moosehunter

Member moosehunter GBAtemp Regular

United States
    UNEEK+DI is picky about the length of the game folders. "The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess" might not work, but LOZTP would.

12. ChokeD

Member ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    This guide is the way you want to install any HBC 1.0.7 and below. There is no way to date known to install v8 of the HBC.

13. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    So is it possible to find a 1.0.7 HBC? Or can I just do an exploit? Or maybe downgrade the HBC, is this possible? Also is there any fix for when I press 1 the wii freezes?

EDIT: My folder name is Animal Crossing City Folk, I'll try it named Animal Crossing or ACCF and I'll report back

14. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    That did it! Now I just have to get HBC working.

EDIT: Well, I can't seem to boot the game.. I select the game and go to the disk channel and it says unable to read disk. I noticed when I bring up the menu it says Region: Europe and Game Region: NTSC. I swore I picked NTSC-U on NUSAD, is SNEEK DI Europe only?

15. twig123

Member twig123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same thing happened to me. Open the DI menu and change it to NTSC or USA or whatever it is there (can't remember). Save the settings and Shutdown the Wii and start SNEEK again. Hopefully it should show the right Region now and let you start the games.

16. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    Thanks, Twig. That fixed my problem [​IMG] Now I need to install HBC. My problem is when I try to use wad creator to create a homebrew channel wad it always gives me error ret -1017 when it tries to read the TMD no matter what channel or ios I try to dump. Is there a way to fix this? Or maybe could someone dump the wad for me and PM me it? I seem to be having no luck at this [​IMG]

17. JustChillin1414
    OP

Canada
    Another question... Could I do smash stack? I have a copy of SSBB. One problem is that when I put it on my UNEEK HDD I can't load it in UNEEK DI I click on it from the sneek menu and when I go to the disk channel it says please insert a disk, does this mean it was a bad dump or just that sneek isn't compatible with it?
    Could I just move the HBC from my old nand to the new nand by just moving files around from my bootmii dump? Or do I have to make the HBC wad?
    Also I have a few iso's that don't show a name on the sneek menu, is it possible to change the name of the sneek format game? These games also show up with no name in USB Loader CFG.