Gaming Undubbing Dissidia Final Fantasy

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using UMDGen, this shouldn't be too hard. I've found the BGM, module (I think this is fonts), and video folders.

I can't find the voice files, so I'm going to try to swap the BGM folders. If it doesn't change the voices, it shouldn't damage the BGM since they're the same from game to game.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that'd be awsome =) some of the english voices are.. well how to call em... akward...
good luck!
biggrin.gif

nasakii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a bump and a little info:

The voice files are probably in the PACKAGE.BIN archive (since the models/stages/most of the game is in there)

Some tools you will/might need:
Package.Bin Extractor v0.5 By Vash (needed to extract the BIN)

Arc Extractor v0.91

Mpk Extractor v0.9

Not sure if you'll need those last two.

I'm assuming you have the image of both regions, so replacing the files should be easy. Getting the archive back together might be a problem though. I know that a plugin was written for Crisis Core to extract/repack the archive in Xpert2 but I haven't ran across a Dissidia plugin yet. Gnie might write one if requested though.

Might seem like a dead end but an undub is getting closer.

ssjkiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been at this all last night, i extracted the package.bin just fine but im having trouble finding the voices i wana replace
( my first idea is to swap cloud voice for CC zacks)

I mean I found some voices(using PSound) but they sound a little weird and high pitched, arghh this is so frustrating having the stuff i wana replace it with but not knowing how to do it.

i guess i just need to know how to extract them, that and what format the voices are in that way i can try and convert the audio i already have and replace them.

think anyone can help me out?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the tools only work with the japanese version (except this is a new version) anyway most likely the voices are compressed again and of course you will need other extra tools

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It extracts/repacks the PACKAGE.BIN (many many files
wink.gif
), the arc extractor extracts/repacks the *.ARC files ( many files again) and so on.

PS: I worked a while ago with Vash and some other people to get the game translated and all the files are compressed/protected with a specific key unfortunatly Vash never told me what was the key and the Project died after a while :/.

ssjkiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to go ahead and say that .arc files are the voices i need, and without this key, i can do crap can i? all for a bunch of voices...yeash..

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope arc files can be everything these are just another package format.
Can be sound, the text (that´s for what Vash wrote the extractor) the texture images (yes they can be changed if someone care its pretty easy) and so on.
Anyway as you said without a working extractor for the US/EU Version it doesn´t work :/

ssjkiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its really not that big a deal, i have the jp version...so your telling me i could possibly extract the arc and find my sound voice data and...*crashes*

WTF did you just say?!?!!?!? "texture images (yes they can be changed if someone care its pretty easy)"

UMMMM...your joking right?!?!?! I WOULD BE ALL OVER THAT!!!! but if its as easy as you say, why hasen't anyone else done it!?!?!

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´m just saying that arc can be everything.
And about the textures it just extracting and converting the GIM file (these are the images) change the image convert it back repack everything and you have the textures changed.
Dunno why nobody already done it but i for one just didn´t cared about it mean we wanted to translate the game and not change the textures
wink.gif
(except for the Japanes Character names if you count this as texture)

ssjkiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
texture project please...you should totally help me out but hmm...textures how would i go about converting the textures and such?

and how the heck would i be able to repack everything? to many questions, you got AIM or MSN or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: