Unbricking - Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SykD, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009

Unbricking - Blank Screen by SykD at 4:32 AM (512 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. SykD

Newcomer SykD Newbie

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    I am posting this because i have not seen this meathod suggested to fix any brick/semi-brick on this forum or on google and it fixed my problem.

Blank Screen / Wii has no Audio or Video Output, Power led and disk drive led's still work.

Simply holding the + and - button on the wiimote immediately after wiimote is synced to enter the wii's maintenence mode.

-Possible Cause: Installing a wad larger than the memory left on my wii. (The wad was fine)

Upon using the WAD Manager (1.3) to install channels, not paying attention they install, i noticed my tv had no signal, i tried restarting my wii by holding the power button for 5 seconds, my wii turened off but when i turned it back on, there was still no signal though the wiimote still synced and the leds remained normal. So when i turned on my wii and my wiimote has synced (if i had audio or video this would normally be the time when the health warning appears) i hold + and - until i got a signal and the wii successfully entered maintenence mode and my audio and video signal were normal, and worked fine after resetting (i uninstalled last wad immediately)

Note: You cannot enter wii maintenance mode if you have no safety warning like the option in starfall.

I hope this can help someone before they go mario strikers on their bricked wii.

[Please Notify Me If I Am Reposting A Solution To This Brick That Has Been Posted Before]