Hacking Unbricking a semi

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbu
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,387
  • Replies Replies 4

jbu

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Nov 24, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
70
Country
United States
I have a wii that was bought Dec 08. It was a 3.3U that I downgraded to 3.2U, then recently upgraded to 4.0U (well my kids did).
All seemed well until tonight when in a moment of stupidity (prior to starting on a hdd installation I thought it wise to familiarize myself with preloader) I ran preloader 0.28.
I now get a garbled version of the "system corrupt, refer to manual" message.
I have HBC installed and can get preloader to run, get into HBC and see the files there.
What should my next step be? On my SD card currently I have many WADs - including WAD Manager 1.3, softmii tweak toy, softmii NAND Dumper, IOS downgrader, Hack remover, Gecko OS 1.07b, AnyRegionChanger 1.1 M5, cMIOS Installer, CIOSCORP Installer and IOS Downgrader v1.1.
Also preloader is offering to upgrade to v0.29 via wifi, should I let it?
Sorry if this is info that is elsewhere, but I have spent 3 harrassed hours searching for it, with two kids constantly asking when it will be sorted, and have not found a close match to my situation - most are now for the older firmwares.
Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Thanks guys, I upgraded to preloader 0.29 and all seems well (downloaded the .dol file and put it on my sd card in an apps directory and then used homebrew channel to install it - for anybody that needs to repeat this).
Thanks again from my happy kids.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted