Unable to update anything

DreamyMystX64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier, I realized my Nintendo Switch was banned since I kept getting an error whenever opening the eShop.

I looked up how to bypass this and from all of my research, I installed incognito and I think that's why I'm unable to install any updates for any games.

Is there any way to undo whatever I did and ensure I'm able to get access to Nintendo eShop and update games automatically?

I'm still able to launch the games with no issues, though they'll be at the base versions of the game and I'm trying to update everything to the latest with all DLC.

ERROR CODES:

2123-0011 (like shown in this video whenever entering Nintendo eShop):
2137-7403
2137-8058 (also shown in same video whenever attempting to update system firmware)

Both of them show the message saying:

"A communication error has occurred. Please try again later."

List of solutions I tried that did not fix anything:

Using another wi-fi network
Restarting the system
Powering off the system and running the games on stock firmware (does not boot the games at all)

Please note that I followed exactly what the person in the video had done, he seems to still have no access in the Nintendo eShop at all.

UPDATE:

Deleting "EmuMMC" folder from my SD root fixed the issue where the games are unable to boot up at the latest versions with all DLC.

Last edited by DreamyMystX64,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Earlier, I realized my Nintendo Switch was banned since I kept getting an error whenever opening the eShop.

I looked up how to bypass this and from all of my research, I installed incognito and I think that's why I'm unable to install any updates for any games.

Is there any way to undo whatever I did and ensure I'm able to get access to Nintendo eShop and update games automatically?

I'm still able to launch the games with no issues, though they'll be at the base versions of the game and I'm trying to update everything to the latest with all DLC.

ERROR CODES:

2137-7403
2137-8058

im pretty sure you are fully screwed from using the eshop now with that ban. Your not going to be getting updates from the eshop anymore. Pretty Sure you aint gonna be reversing that either.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ERROR CODES:

2137-7403
2137-8058 (also shown in same video whenever attempting to update system firmware)

Please note that I followed exactly what the person in the video had done, he seems to still have no access in the Nintendo eShop at all.
Your permbanned your only solution now is tinfoil shops

DreamyMystX64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your permbanned your only solution now is tinfoil shops
I do have Tinfoil shop installed and I reinstalled all three games I had available to my SD Card (Smash Ultimate, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, and Pac-Man 99). I'm just unable to update and run them at the latest versions with all DLC included.

What's on my system is all the NSO emulators and they run at the latest versions with no issues.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do have Tinfoil shop installed and I reinstalled all three games I had available to my SD Card (Smash Ultimate, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, and Pac-Man 99). I'm just unable to update and run them at the latest versions with all DLC included.

What's on my system is all the NSO emulators and they run at the latest versions with no issues.
what do you expect with non legit games that dont connect with nintys servers? it all sounds like its a right ban with whats going on

DreamyMystX64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

I deleted EmuMMC from my SD root and now I'm able to launch games again at the latest versions with all DLC.

Still no access into Nintendo eShop nor able to update games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

ERROR CODES:

2137-7403

Restarting the system
Powering off the system and running the games on stock firmware (does not boot the games at all)

UPDATE:

Deleting "EmuMMC" folder from my SD root fixed the issue where the games are unable to boot up at the latest versions with all DLC.

You made several mistakes there. First of all, you should be using Incognito/PRODINFO blanking on your emuNAND only, so that when you boot into OFW you can go online normally. Deleting the emuMMC folder was also a mistake, that means you are using sysNAND CFW and all your NSPs are installed to sysNAND, and that's why they weren't working on your emuNAND. You should have installed them to your emuNAND instead. Once you have installed NSPs on sysNAND, that NAND is now tainted and there is no proper way to make it clean again, so even if you could go online, you'd just end up banned. The best you can do is clean logs and try to delete any traces, but it's not perfect and you can still get banned.
Don't try to go online in CFW (meaning connecting to Nintendo servers - online use for homebrew is fine if you have PRODINFO blanking and/or DNS redirection) ever if you can avoid it. Only go online on a clean sysNAND, which you now don't have (unless you have a NAND backup you can restore, but if you have been online after you made that backup, there will be a mismatch between the logs on the NAND and on Nintendo's servers and that can be enough to get you banned too)
Still, restoring a NAND backup from before you installed any NSPs, if you have one, is your best bet for avoiding a ban. Assuming those errors are just from Incognito and you aren't banned yet. You might get banned from the mismatched logs but there's no harm in trying, staying offline forever would not help things anyway.

As for how to disable Incognito. If you installed it through Tinfoil you can uninstall it the same way you installed it. But the recommended way these days is to use Atmosphere's built in PRODINFO blanking, which is temporary, that means when you boot into OFW it will not be there anymore. So you should not have to do anything special other than making sure you are actually in OFW before you try to go online. But I must stress that you should not disable Incognito or boot into OFW right now, not until you have taken steps to clean your sysNAND, as if your console isn't flagged or banned yet it could be immediately flagged if you allow it to go online now. Preferably by restoring an older NAND backup, but if you don't have a suitable backup, your only other option is manually wiping your NAND, you can follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/cleaning-up-nand-to-play-online-safely.551767/ and it will restore your Switch to factory clean state. You can keep your installed games and save data by making a new emuNAND before you wipe. The Nintendo folder must be moved to SD:\emuMMC\RAW1\ (or whatever you have it set to in emummc.ini) for the games to be recognized on the new emuNAND.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1