Hacking unable to install cios for gamma

megatun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded the backup gamma zip that contained both the cios_installer and backup folders. when i try to load the cios.dol it does not allow me to press a on the wiimote. I don't have any other files besides the twilight hack and the homebrew channel. can someone please help? i have 3.3u and homebrew channel 9.

thanks

benwin84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same problem. You will need to use IOS downgrader to dongrade the patched IOS in the 3.3 updates that Nintendo released. After that you should be able to instal the cIOS for gamma.

megatun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the october 23rd update and i'm still getting the same error. i can't press a and my wiigator3 (backup loader) is still empty. damn this **** is frustrating me. someone please help

apu2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How are you stuck after downgrading? You gotta be more specific man... We can't help you out unless you give us details of what you did, error messages, etc etc.

megatun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok after i downgraded. i basically followed step 1-3 (http://www.instructables.com/id/S9RV0FWFN4H8OED/). i tried my backup loader which shows wiigator3 and it's empty...no menus or anything just empty.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
megatun said:
ok after i downgraded. i basically followed step 1-3 (http://www.instructables.com/id/S9RV0FWFN4H8OED/). i tried my backup loader which shows wiigator3 and it's empty...no menus or anything just empty.

after downgrading where you be able to install the cios for the loader ??

megatun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't install the cios that came with the gamma. it wouldn't let me press a on the wiimote when i loaded the cios. i just installed the cios from the steps on that instructables site.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ok try to use cios uninstaller 1.1 and uninstall cios249 , then download waninkoko ciosrev7 and install it , then tell me if it install ( and be sure to have wifi connection ) other wise have the installing wad cause you gonna be prompt the choice .

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
megatun said:
holy **** moe. you are my savior. that worked like a charm. i don't know how to thank you.
any time , you welcome , and that's what we are here for , to help the community and each other out , enjoy and have fun playing
grog.gif

anbu41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, that process didn't work for me.

I've tried to run the cIOS 249 installer, but it won't let me press A.

I ran the cIOS uninstaller 1.1, and got rid of IOS249.

Installed Waninkoko's cIOS rev7 successfully, and retried the cIOS249 installer, but still no luck.

If it helps, I'm running off a 3.2U system.

megatun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed moe's advice with the uninstallation, and the cios rev7 and then after i ran the cios installtion from the gamma zip and that's what got it working for me past that wiimote press a problem. although i haven't tried backup loader 3 gamma...only backup loader 3 beta.

camar3na

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi guys, i'm trying to install the latest cios but when i start downloading the files its stops on the sixth file and there an error screen (exception dsi) and my wii just freezes there and i have to turn it off and on manually, my fw version is 3.2u anything you can help me with wuld be great

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
anbu41 said:
Sadly, that process didn't work for me.

I've tried to run the cIOS 249 installer, but it won't let me press A.

I ran the cIOS uninstaller 1.1, and got rid of IOS249.

Installed Waninkoko's cIOS rev7 successfully, and retried the cIOS249 installer, but still no luck.

If it helps, I'm running off a 3.2U system.

after you install waninkoko's cios36 rev7 that's all what you need , it will install as cios249 so you don't need to install the cios that came with the launcher , just again be sure to have wifi connection cause it will prompt the choice , good luck

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
camar3na said:
hi guys, i'm trying to install the latest cios but when i start downloading the files its stops on the sixth file and there an error screen (exception dsi) and my wii just freezes there and i have to turn it off and on manually, my fw version is 3.2u anything you can help me with wuld be great

uninstall any cios you have with anytitledelete in system , then do the installation again , if you have wifi enabled you should be fine .

anbu41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange solution... I found that I couldn't use the regular BackupLauncher, but if I used the modified (autoboot) BackupLauncher, it works perfectly!!

Two birds with one stone.
biggrin.gif

camar3na

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
BIG MOE said:
camar3na said:

uninstall any cios you have with anytitledelete in system , then do the installation again , if you have wifi enabled you should be fine .

thanks, i used waninkoko's custom cios7 and a wad file i ripped from the smash bros disc, i think my wii didnt even had to connect to the internet and its working fine, i already tried 12 backups and 11 worked perfectly only 1 had some minor lag.
again thanks alot to all of you for your help!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte