UMD Region Changer

PSPModz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The just released 'UMD Region Changer app'!

PSP games are region free, but a number of UMD Movies are region locked - this restriction is bypassed with this great app. :D

Note:
- Currently works on Pro C CFW (ARK CFW also contains this feature built into it). ME CFW will likely be added in a future update.
- Read the 'ReadMe' for more information.

Get it here:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/UMD_Region_Changer
(The zip you need is found from the 'Releases' link at the bottom of the page)

Video tutorial here:
Thank you PSP Cult, for bringing this to my attention, and your contributions.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi buddy, how are you doing? :) Are you back after months of absence, or am I wrong?
You were supposed to revive this section but then you disappeared from sight. You haven't posted anything for quite a while, it seems.

Anyway, is this app also needed for iso format movies on memory stick? I would like to use it possibly for certain "ecchi" Japanese anime movies, assuming I can find them online eventually. :blush:
I talk about them here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/bible-black-portable-pg-unbelievable-psp-port.641200/

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyway, is this app also needed for iso format movies on memory stick?
AFAIK yes, the point of this is that most/all CFWs don't have region free for movies (possibly not even for games, unlike the PS3 I haven't heard of any commercial title that's not set to worldwide so no demand)

Also, you already could change region the hard but proper way with despertar del cementerio's rebuild idstorage, I think...
Of course... UMD regions are the same as DVD so region 2 privilege (before doing the research, I thought CFWs were in fact region free, but that's because the only UMD movie I played is Miku no Hi 39's Project Diva, which is Japanese) :D

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The just released 'UMD Region Changer app'!

PSP games are region free, but a number of UMD Movies are region locked - this restriction is bypassed with this great app. :D

Note:
- Currently works on Pro C CFW (ARK CFW also contains this feature built into it). ME CFW will likely be added in a future update.
- Read the 'ReadMe' for more information.

Get it here:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/UMD_Region_Changer
(The zip you need is found from the 'Releases' link at the bottom of the page)

Video tutorial here:
Thank you PSP Cult, for bringing this to my attention, and your contributions.

Thanks for bringing this up, now we can finally watch our Japanese "scientific" UMD videos. :wub: :rofl2:

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?