UMD Help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by damiussus, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009

UMD Help!!!!!!!!! by damiussus at 3:41 AM (1,109 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. damiussus
    OP

Member damiussus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anyone know if and how you can take a umd movie and put it in MP4 format to put on an ipod?

2. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Have you went to the recovery menu, switched the USB device to UMD and dump it yet?

3. damiussus
    OP

United States
    yes, that gets me the iso. then I also have programs to get into the iso. I just don't know what to extract from it or how to convert it to mp4

4. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You don't have to convert it. In your ISO folder on your memory stick, make a folder called VIDEO. Put the iso you just made in that folder. Then hit select while in the xmb to bring up vsh menu. If it doesn't show up, then you have to turn on vsh menu in the recovery menu. I think it is under configuration. If it does show up, go down to ISO VIDEO MOUNT and change from none to whatever the iso name is. Hit select again and go to the game section of the xmb and look at the umd icon. The video should show up. Just hit x to play it. I've never done viewed video isos on my psp before so I don't know if you need a umd in the drive or not, which would kinda ruin the purpose.

5. damiussus
    OP

United States
    I don't need to know how to play it on a psp, I already know that. I need to know how to convert it and put it on an IPOD if there is a way.

6. Dermy

Member Dermy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh ok. I'm not sure of a way. Can't you just get the video elsewhere? Maybe from a dvd....or the internet?

7. damiussus
    OP

United States
    prolly, but I already have it in umd format. And I don't always trust the quality of other people's conversions.

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I know its a shot but try and get any DVD ripper and see if it can rip videos from ISO.
    It should be the same as a DVD

9. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Maybe try to mount the iso with daemon tools and use dvd decryptor to rip. I don't know if it will work. What does the UMD look in UMDGen? Maybe open it with WinRar and check the contents of the ISO file.