UMD Dumping with 6.35 PRO-B3

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by gamecaptor, Mar 30, 2011.

Mar 30, 2011
  1. gamecaptor
    OP

Member gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

United States
    Hello all,

I made the move from a PSP-1001 with 5.50 GEN-D Prometheus-4 to a PSP-3001 with 6.35 PRO-B3 (did so because the brighter screen is easier on my eyes).

Now I’m running into the problem I cannot dump UMDs with 6.35 PRO-B3. I use ISO Tool v1.970, but with this CFW it doesn’t seem to access the UMD (I see stars where the name would be with 0 byte file size). I did a test run with PSP Filer and I can’t access the UMD at all.

I’m a little (read: a lot) out of the loop with the new firmware’s, so I’m guessing I’m missing a plugin or step somewhere. Hoping someone can provide me some insight so I can get back to dumping UMDs for the list (I have a few new ones here on my desk)

Regards.

2. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

Hold select while on the XMB. Change USB Device to UMD Disc. Connect the PSP to the computer and the UMD should pop up.

3. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply geenlung, but the problem with that method is that it will be missing 2 kb, meaning it will be an improper dump. I need to figure out how to get either ISO Tool or PSP Filer to work correctly under 6.35 PRO-B3 or find an alternative method that will produce proper dumps.

4. Jugarina

Member Jugarina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Did you sell your 1001 when you say you, "Made the move"?

5. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

Could you tell me what games you're trying to dump? The only game I had a problem with so far was Pangya, because of the AP.

6. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    @N.M. ZERO B.C.: Not yet. I WAS going to, but I will hold onto it just for dumping purposes.

@geenlung: Which method of dumping are you using?

7. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

I use direct dump through 6.35PROB's VSH menu. There are a few games that need header fixing, but hopefully there's an autopatch available for the one(s) you want. I've never had ISOtools work for dumping, though the boot icon generator works great.

edit: Fyi, the only things I have on my PSP memory stick aside from the system's files and personally backed up ISOs are the signed 6.35 HEN (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A55NEY9S), CWcheat, and 6.35PRO-B3. (i.e. I didn't add Prometheus, ISOtools, or any other plugin)

8. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    The three games I've tried to dump with the PSP-3001 6.35 PRO-B3 using the VHS menu all end up 2kb short versus the ones I dump PSP-1001 with 5.50 GEN-D Prometheus-4 using ISOTool end up correct.

9. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

So what happens when you try to run these games. Also, how do you run these games and which driver mode do you use M33 or NP9660. Usually I just go with NP9660.

10. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    It's not a matter if the games work or not (they play just fine). My goal is to produce clean/proper dumps to help the scene. Turns out MANY scene releases are improperly dumped (missing that last 2 kb on the ISO).

11. geenlung

geenlung Newbie

Ah, I didn't realize you had such an ambition in mind. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

12. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    im not entirely sure but might wanna take the site out of your post.

not entirely sure if those type of dat files are allowed to be linked to here [​IMG]

13. gamecaptor
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the tip. Done.