Hacking ** Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories Bible For Dummies **

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kc7zzv: thank you SOOOOOO MUCH! i have been looking for this answer for about a week now. THANK YOU!!!! btw, if you want, you can add me as a friend on GBAtemp, if you want.

Exxtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys!

I Need help...

I can't get the coverart to download in the 7.4 loader, what can be wrong?

I have the wimages and images folders in the root of my sdcard, and the path to the config is SD:/apps/usbloader/config.txt
the code in the config.txt is:

# *****USB Loader Ultimate V7.4 Configuration Settings*****
#
# All lines starting with # are comments
# Any lines not starting with # are used for your loaders settings
# Default values are in [ ]
#
#
# images_path = [SD:/images/]
# Path must be SD:/dirname/ (with a trailing slash at the end)
# Path to put 4:3 box arts and 4:3 background
images_path=SD:/images/
#
# wimages_path = [SD:/wimages/]
# Path must be SD:/dirname/ (with a trailing slash at the end)
# Path to put widescreen box arts and widescreen background
# This path is used when widescreen mode is on
wimages_path=SD:/wimages/
#
# Full Screen Background = image_name.png
# The name of your background image, in PNG format, located in your images_path (see above option)
# If not specified, a default template will be used.
background = bg.png
#
# Widescreen Background = image_name.png
# The name of your widescreen background image, in PNG format, located in your wimages_path (see above option)
# If not specified, a default template will be used.
wbackground = wbg.png
#
# Game Covers = 0 [1]
# 0 => No cover / boxart displayed
# 1 => Cover / boxart displayed, 160x225 PNG format in images path (see option above)
covers = 1
#
# Download = [0] 1
# 0 => Missing covers are not downloaded
# 1 => Missing covers are downloaded when prompt arrow is in front of a game with no cover / boxart
# (Network is only set up once for every session, until you run the loader again)
# ***NOTE: No action can be performed while images are downloading***
download = 1
#
# Background Layout = original, small, medium, large, large2, ultimate1, [ultimate2] [ultimatew]
# original => 6 lines of games per page
# small => 9 lines of games per page (same background as original)
# medium => 17 lines of games / page
# large => 21 lines of games / page (nixx)
# large2 => 21 lines of games / page (usptactical)
# ultimate1 => 12 lines of games / page (WiiShizza)
# ultimate2 => 12 lines of games / page( jservs7 / hungyip84)
# ultimate_w => 12 lines of games / page widescreen mode
# (ultimatew is the default when user set widescreen = 1)
layout = ultimatew
#
# Protection Mode = [0] 1 2
# 0 => Normal mode : All controls working
# 1 => Child mode : All controls except the ability to install and remove game
# 2 => Teen mode : All controls except the ability to remove game
simple = 0
#
# HOME Button = [reboot] exit
# reboot => Pressing HOME button in the loader will reboot the Wii
# exit => Pressing HOME button in the loader will send you back to the HomeBrew Channel
# (Not Recommened if HBC is not installed, the whereabouts are unknown if HBC is not installed)
home = reboot
#
# console_coords=x,y,width,height
# Coordinates for where titles are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimate1))
#
console_coords = 40,71,340,290
#
# covers_coords=x,y
# Coordinates for where your covers / boxart are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimate1))
#
covers_coords = 446,109
#
# wconsole_coords=x,y,width,height
# Coordinates for where titles are displayed in widescreen mode (Default value is set as default layout(ultimatew))
#
wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290
#
# wcovers_coords=x,y
# Coordinates for where your widescreen covers / boxart are displayed (Default value is set as default layout(ultimatew))
#
wcovers_coords = 482,110
#
# console_color=x,y
# x = foreground (text)
# y = background
# Change color of console where titles are displayed (First number is text color, second number is background color)
#
# Color Code - View colors at: http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/720/colorchart.png
#
# 0 = Black
# 1 = Dark Red
# 2 = Dark Green
# 3 = Dark Yellow
# 4 = Dark Blue
# 5 = Dark Purple
# 6 = Light Blue
# 7 = Gray
# 8 = Light Gray
# 9 = Red
# 10 = Green
# 11 = Yellow
# 12 = Blue
# 13 = Purple
# 14 = Teal
# 15 = White
#
# Example: 4,15 (Blue font on White background)
#
console_color = 0,15
#
# entry_lines = [12] (The number of entry lines you want to display per page, default = 12)
#
entry_lines = 12
#
# max_characters = [37] (The number of letters / characters you want to display per line, default = 37)
#
max_characters = 37
#
# savesettings = [0] 1
# 0 => Settings for each game are not auto-saved to the SD card during game boot
# 1 => Settings for each game are auto-saved to the SD card during game boot
savesettings = 0
#
# video = [game] system patch
# game => Use the games default video mode
# system => Use the system default video mode
# patch => Force video mode (Play NTSC on PAL, visa versa, in color)
video = game
#
# ocarina = [0] 1
# 0 => Ocarina cheat system not enabled by default
# 1 => Ocarina cheat system enabled by default
ocarina = 0
#
# language = [console] japanese english german french spanish italian dutch s.chinese t.chinese korean
# language => The language to use in-game, instead of game default. Language needs to be present on ISO.
language = console
#
# parentalcontrol = [0] 1 2 3
# 0 => Turn off parental control
# 1 => Only allow games with 0 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 2 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 3 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 or 2 to show up (in titles.txt)
# Example 1: In titles.txt, RMCE = Mario Kart, you would add = 1 (RMCE = Mario Kart = 1)
# If set to 1, this game would not be shown, the game would only be shown on 2 or 3, or with parental controls off
# Example 2: In titles.txt, RZZE = Madworld (No number is needed) (Mature Rating)
# If set to 1, 2, or 3, the game would not be shown, the game would only be shown with parental controls turned off
parentalcontrol = 0
#
# downloadinstall = [0] 1
# 0 => Download cover art automatically when you install game
# 1 => Don't download cover art when you install game
downloadinstall = 0
#
# hidesettingmenu = [0] 1
# 0 => Allow access to the settings menu by pressing B
# 1 => Hide the settings menu
hidesettingmenu = 0
#
# widescreen = 0 1 (This is auto-detect by default)
# 0 => No widescreen
# 1 => Widescreen
# WARNING: If you turn on the widescreen, the loader will resize the image from your SD card.
# Toggling between widescreen and full screen would cause loss in image quality.
widescreen = 1
#

kc7zzv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QKid said:
kc7zzv: thank you SOOOOOO MUCH! i have been looking for this answer for about a week now. THANK YOU!!!! btw, if you want, you can add me as a friend on GBAtemp, if you want.

Partition was set to the wrong type?

smk2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the most trouble EVER trying to get this to work with my USB External Drive.

I have installed all the necessary IOSes for the USB Loader to run and what not but, when I format my drive with WBSF on my Windows partition it doesn't look like it did anything to it when I right click it and look at its formatting (it still says NTFS or whatever it is). When I try to use the binary WBFS on the Mac side, I have NO idea what I'm doing and so I gave up on that for now (every time I tried the command line ./wpbfs -p /dev/disk1s1 init it didn't do anything and would say "could not find file or directory" >_

kc7zzv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smk2 said:
I have installed all the necessary IOSes for the USB Loader to run and what not but, when I format my drive with WBSF on my Windows partition it doesn't look like it did anything to it when I right click it and look at its formatting (it still says NTFS or whatever it is). When I try to use the binary WBFS on the Mac side, I have NO idea what I'm doing and so I gave up on that for now (every time I tried the command line ./wpbfs -p /dev/disk1s1 init it didn't do anything and would say "could not find file or directory" >_

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
will you need to have at FAT32 Master and my advice again not to partition your drive cause that's where most people get confused , once formated in Fat32 run the format from WBFS Manager 3.0.1 and after done load at least 1 game on the drive cause drives with no games doesn't show up with the loader
wink.gif

smk2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
after done load at least 1 game on the drive cause drives with no games doesn't show up with the loader
wink.gif
[/b]

Rofl, this might actually be what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I'll have to get some games.
tongue.gif

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, it was the wrong type. I had it set to Apple Partition Map, cuz Im on a ppc. I was wondering if that had anything to do with it, but I didnt know if it would have any consequences. Thank you very much. All day I've been loading up my game collection. I was at school during the day though, so my library isnt THAT big. BTW, I tried Brawl, and it actually kinda seemed slower...I know its not yours or anybodys fault, just sayin.

kc7zzv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QKid said:
yeah, it was the wrong type. I had it set to Apple Partition Map, cuz Im on a ppc. I was wondering if that had anything to do with it, but I didnt know if it would have any consequences. Thank you very much. All day I've been loading up my game collection. I was at school during the day though, so my library isnt THAT big. BTW, I tried Brawl, and it actually kinda seemed slower...I know its not yours or anybodys fault, just sayin.

With my drive, the first Brawl load screen is slower, and everything else is faster. The level loads blindingly fast.

poiuytre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it normal that USB-loaded games will hang after leaving the console idle for a while? I've been looking through FAQs and several of these topics, but I've never seen anyone bring this up. My guess is that it wants to start reading where it left off, but it looks for it on the disc after getting out of the sleep-mode, rather than the USB-source. Is this a well-known problem and, more importantly, is there a solution available?

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can add a game to a USB drive much directly from disc on Wii than using the wii dumper over wifi. Now if I extract the game to PC hard drive using WBFS manager, will I get the ISO exactly the same as the one dumped with Wii Dumper 1.2?

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
No ilnyc. SD/USB Loader creates scrubbed images of games. While DVD Dumper 1.2 creates 1:1 copies.
Yes, I should have asked if I will lose play-ability of the games ripped this way.

For example, I added the game to USB with loader (Wii sports = 0.5GB), and extracted it to PC's HD with WBFS manager which padded the file to a 4.5GB ISO. So in the future if I burn the ISO to DVD media or add it to a WBFS will that create problems?

JPSiemer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do any of the loaders support saving the covers to the USB drive instead of the SD card? I only ask because I am modding my cousins Wii and he doesn't want to go out and buy an SD card just to be able to save covers...

Or better yet... do any support saving ALL settings to the USB drive instead of the SD card? That would be sweet...

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
JPSiemer said:
Do any of the loaders support saving the covers to the USB drive instead of the SD card? I only ask because I am modding my cousins Wii and he doesn't want to go out and buy an SD card just to be able to save covers...

Or better yet... do any support saving ALL settings to the USB drive instead of the SD card? That would be sweet...
you do need the SD for covers and config txt file and title txt files , so it is recommended to have one ( targets have it on sale for $13.99 for 4GB sdhc ) and you can use it for sure
wink.gif

QUOTE(Link5084 @ May 10 2009, 02:16 AM) What's the difference between USB Loader 1.5 and Ultimate USB Loader 7.4? Which one do I use?
7.4 is a modified version of 1.5 with extra options , and very safe to use
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU