Hacking ** Ultimate USB Loader & Accessories Bible For Dummies **

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sionsays said:
Anyone figure out how to use the loader with no dvd drive? the "eject disk error" of course.
what do you mean no dvd drive ? did you uninstalled your dvd drive ? give me some more info about the error please
wink.gif

[x] US NTSC Wii 3.2U
[x] Homebrew Channel
[x] Rev 10 Successful install / tried rev9 same situation.
[x] USB Loader 1.4 /tried 1.5 (ultimate)
[x] HDD Recognized with all games.
[x] Using DOS based WBFS to add games
[x] HDD Formatted to FAT32, tried NTFS- same situation.

I've tried 12+ Games, PAL and NTSC alike. The only title working is MadWorld (ntsc) . I hit the A button, game begins to load, then a black screen occurs, then after about, 15 seconds I get
"An Error has occured, Press the Eject Button and remove the disc". I originally thought it was because of my DVD Drive being busted. but like I said, Madworld runs like charm. I've tried older games and newer titles alike, they all end up going to the eject disk screen.

Anyone with a solution that may of had the same problem?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
sionsays said:
sionsays said:
Anyone figure out how to use the loader with no dvd drive? the "eject disk error" of course.
what do you mean no dvd drive ? did you uninstalled your dvd drive ? give me some more info about the error please
wink.gif

[x] US NTSC Wii 3.2U
[x] Homebrew Channel

I've tried 12+ Games, PAL and NTSC alike. The only title working is MadWorld (ntsc) . I hit the A button, game begins to load, then a black screen occurs, then after about, 15 seconds I get
"An Error has occured, Press the Eject Button and remove the disc". I originally thought it was because of my DVD Drive being busted. but like I said, Madworld runs like charm. I've tried older games and newer titles alike, they all end up going to the eject disk screen.

does anyone else encountered such a problem , cause this sound weird , and it could be you busted drive giving the error message though the game is being loaded via USB but in that case how come Madworld plays !!!! strange , let me search the problem buddy and discuss it with some of the guys
wink.gif

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the total noob questions here.
I am trying to use the Ultimate Loader 7.4 based on 1.5, I put the boot.dol in the sd:/apps/usbloader/ folder. I tried using a forwarder to launch it but no success. I tried using HBC to launch it and it essentially does nothing and in both cases goes right back into the HBC. I have 1.1 with cios9 working fine through a channel wad install. I did install cios10 but cannot get the new loader to boot. Any thoughts?

Second, I thought I read someone's post that they could get Rock Band instruments to load just fine. I want to say the post said they were on Ultimate 6.7. But I cannot find that post again. Is there any ability to play Rock Band instruments or is it just not possible yet through the USB loader.

Thank you all very much in advance for your help.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
squidward said:
I'm sorry for the total noob questions here.
I am trying to use the Ultimate Loader 7.4 based on 1.5, I put the boot.dol in the sd:/apps/usbloader/ folder. I tried using a forwarder to launch it but no success. I tried using HBC to launch it and it essentially does nothing and in both cases goes right back into the HBC. I have 1.1 with cios9 working fine through a channel wad install. I did install cios10 but cannot get the new loader to boot. Any thoughts?

Second, I thought I read someone's post that they could get Rock Band instruments to load just fine. I want to say the post said they were on Ultimate 6.7. But I cannot find that post again. Is there any ability to play Rock Band instruments or is it just not possible yet through the USB loader.

Thank you all very much in advance for your help.
ok you need to put the boot.dol in (SD:/Apps/USBLoader/

jamie2047

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all i have ultimate 4.7 installed with forwarder i would like to change the background i have a background but not a clue how you get it to display i dont get wot the readme is trying to say

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, I have another question. Have they made a channel for one of the loaders yet? It would be nice, since I use my R4 SDMicro for this. Wouldn't be able to play my DS when my sisters are playing the Wii.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was me being stupid once more. I found it already
tongue.gif

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I tried hot swapping drives but with no success. I then formatted to wbfs again and it picks up the drive but says no partitions found -ret6
By the way, when formatting with wbfs manager, it takes like 2 seconds to do my whole 500gb drive - is this normal?

the versions of cios i have installed are cIOS249r7, IOS16 & IOS36-64-v1042. I've no idea what these do or if install one does it wipe the other one??

i might try another drive to see if thats the issue
Cheers

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pin said:
Hi,

I tried hot swapping drives but with no success. I then formatted to wbfs again and it picks up the drive but says no partitions found -ret6
By the way, when formatting with wbfs manager, it takes like 2 seconds to do my whole 500gb drive - is this normal?

the versions of cios i have installed are cIOS249r7, IOS16 & IOS36-64-v1042. I've no idea what these do or if install one does it wipe the other one??

Cheers
install cIOS36r10 (or cIOS36r9 if you dont need sd card backup loading)
without it you don't have USB 2.0 support
and formatting goes very fast

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
pin said:
Hi,

Cheers
install cIOS36r10 (or cIOS36r9 if you dont need sd card backup loading)
without it you don't have USB 2.0 support
and formatting goes very fast

Well, i tried with a usb thumbnail and it worked straight off ( sandisk cruzer 16gb) , so it must have been drive compatibility all along.
I wouldn't recommend Freeagent Pro 500gb then, unless someone with more experience can work it out.

Kudos for all your help - i'm very impressed with the usb loader. Think of the lessened environmental impact due to its fully digital nature - should get bloody tax breaks for using it!
rolleyes.gif

Rmverbaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have usb loader up and running after a few hours.
But when i wanna play Guitar Hero 3 after a couple of seconds the
game stops, you still see the game but you can't do anything.
Is this because i wanna play it with the wii guitar or is it something else.
Please help me!!!

ZeroUnderOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sionsays said:
sionsays said:
wink.gif

[x] US NTSC Wii 3.2U
[x] Homebrew Channel

Try using the loader while you have a dvd in the drive (like wii sports or something)

voltronad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.roninmm.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello -
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I followed BIG MOE's guide to getting my Wii ready-to-go with homebrew channel/etc (and it worked like a charm!). I started with a 3.4U system, got HBC installed, and also installed Backup Loader Gamma. Every backup I burned and played made my Wii drive sound like it was going to break (and I was using RiData DVD-R, burned in imgburn at 3x and 4x - neither made a difference).

So I decided to try the USB loader system to avoid any damage to my DVD drive, and downloaded WiiShizzza & the Crew Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 (and also the regular 1.5 usbloader version). I have tried both installing a game from USB loader right on my Wii (which takes a tad over an hour), and I have also transferred ISO's over to my flash drive via WBFS Manager 2.5. Any way I do it, when I try to start the game from USB Loader, the screen flashes green, then shows black, then shows the Wii channel screen for about 1 second, then just restarts the Wii and I'm back at the main system channel screen.

I have tried reinstalling all the cIOS files (rev 7, rev 9, rev 10, etc), and nothing seems to allow me to boot a game from usb loader. Any thoughts? I have used both a 8GB usb flash drive, and also a 120gig external USB harddrive - same results with both.

Oh, and finally, and maybe this is my main problem - my daughter updated the Wii to version 4.0U when I wasn't around. As far as I've read in this and other forums, if you have everything installed (HBC/etc) before upgrading to the Wii version 4, then you should be fine. Thanks for any help!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
sionsays said:
moe have you found a solution to the eject disk error?
I'm waiting on my friend to send me his Wii with broken dvd drive and I'll see what's going on with it .
Rmverbaan said:
I have usb loader up and running after a few hours.
But when i wanna play Guitar Hero 3 after a couple of seconds the
game stops, you still see the game but you can't do anything.
Is this because i wanna play it with the wii guitar or is it something else.
Please help me!!!
does your guitar connects to the Wii via Wiimote or via USB receiver ??
QUOTE(voltronad @ Apr 25 2009, 10:35 PM)
Hello -
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I followed BIG MOE's guide to getting my Wii ready-to-go with homebrew channel/etc (and it worked like a charm!). I started with a 3.4U system, got HBC installed, and also installed Backup Loader Gamma. Every backup I burned and played made my Wii drive sound like it was going to break (and I was using RiData DVD-R, burned in imgburn at 3x and 4x - neither made a difference).

So I decided to try the USB loader system to avoid any damage to my DVD drive, and downloaded WiiShizzza & the Crew Ultimate USB Loader 7.4 (and also the regular 1.5 usbloader version). I have tried both installing a game from USB loader right on my Wii (which takes a tad over an hour), and I have also transferred ISO's over to my flash drive via WBFS Manager 2.5. Any way I do it, when I try to start the game from USB Loader, the screen flashes green, then shows black, then shows the Wii channel screen for about 1 second, then just restarts the Wii and I'm back at the main system channel screen.

I have tried reinstalling all the cIOS files (rev 7, rev 9, rev 10, etc), and nothing seems to allow me to boot a game from usb loader. Any thoughts? I have used both a 8GB usb flash drive, and also a 120gig external USB harddrive - same results with both.

Oh, and finally, and maybe this is my main problem - my daughter updated the Wii to version 4.0U when I wasn't around. As far as I've read in this and other forums, if you have everything installed (HBC/etc) before upgrading to the Wii version 4, then you should be fine. Thanks for any help!
first of all the loader does see the drive with the games on it , so the setup is right
wink.gif
, now reinstall cIOS36_rev10 again and be sure it finishes installation with success and ask you to press any button to reboot , then be sure the game you re trying to run is on the compatible game chart for the loader
wink.gif
, and since you updated to 4.0 you wanna be sure the game region is the same as your console region cause Starfall don't exist on your system anymore , or install preloader 0.29 to be on the safe side
wink.gif
and post the results back here please

voltronad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.roninmm.com
XP
Country
United States
moe - I reinstalled cIOS36_rev10, checked the compatability chart (and saw that for Deadly Creatures, a disc needed to be in the drive - d'oh), and everything worked! Thanks for the help! Right now I just have a 16GB flash drive, but I'm thinking I'm gonna need something much bigger!

EDIT: Your guides rock man! Made getting all this stuff set-up and running really easy! THANKS!

ed933

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm having a small problem with this loader atm, I can't seem to get the boxart to show..

I've put all the 160x225 .png covers (and bg.png, 640x480) in "/images/", and matched all the game codes to the ones on my HDD.
I'm using a forwarder channel, but I'm sure that's not the problem as they don't show when I use HBC either.

Here's my "config.txt" which is in "SD:/apps/usbloader" (I tried relocating it to the root of the SD card but that doesn't work either)
---
images_path=SD:/images/
background = bg.png
covers = 1
download = 0
layout = ultimate2
simple = 0
console_coords = 40,71,340,290
covers_coords = 446,109
console_color = 7,15
entry_lines = 12
max_characters = 37
savesettings = 0
video = game
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 0
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 0
---

Another query if i may, is there any way to store (and link to) the boxart on my HDD? I don't want to have to put images onto my SD card every time I get a new game.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1