Hacking ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ vicious Yeah u unistalled a system menu which is like worst thing u could do. Didn't know that never unistall system menu ios. It's the worst brick which I thinkonly a NAND rcover can fix not 100 percent sure on that. If u didn't do that u could have just installed the system menu and been good. Never delete only install over. And no u can not use someone elses NAND only urs. Go ahead and make a new thread maybe someone has a answer. You may have send it to nintendo or get new wii

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just uninstalled the .wad file it was instant not sure if it really did anything. I did it because I had the wrong region on there I thought it had to be taken out.

My NAND backup is gone, somehow even though it backed up I never saw it on the SD card. By now making sure I had clean files and a good SD card I have formatted it and lost it for sure.

Guess I'll have to start up a thread then and see what we can do. If anybody lived local Id totally bring over my wii and a 6 pack to get some help
biggrin.gif

Funny as I waited to do this so long telling myself "if it aint broke dont fix it" and sure enough I brick the wii, and I am really good at computers/electronics too I just made a careless mistake.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ViciousXUSMC said:
I just uninstalled the .wad file it was instant not sure if it really did anything. I did it because I had the wrong region on there I thought it had to be taken out.

My NAND backup is gone, somehow even though it backed up I never saw it on the SD card. By now making sure I had clean files and a good SD card I have formatted it and lost it for sure.

Guess I'll have to start up a thread then and see what we can do. If anybody lived local Id totally bring over my wii and a 6 pack to get some help
biggrin.gif

Funny as I waited to do this so long telling myself "if it aint broke dont fix it" and sure enough I brick the wii, and I am really good at computers/electronics too I just made a careless mistake.

QUOTETried to install 4.1U and just now 3.2U and just for the heck of it installed 4.1E again

yep you certainly bricked your wii good, come on installing x.xu, uninstalling x.xu then installing x.xe what did you think would happen the guide at the beginin of the thread told you to select the correct region. is sounds more like you wanted to brick your wii
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

rest_easy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooo does anyone have any idea about my questions? post 1373 (right before vicious posted his debacle)?
thanks in advance

ViciousXUSMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
ViciousXUSMC said:

biggrin.gif

QUOTETried to install 4.1U and just now 3.2U and just for the heck of it installed 4.1E again

yep you certainly bricked your wii good, come on installing x.xu, uninstalling x.xu then installing x.xe what did you think would happen the guide at the beginin of the thread told you to select the correct region. is sounds more like you wanted to brick your wii
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I didnt pick the wrong region on purpose lol, I had my 2 kids running around and I was trying to be in and out of the room letting it do its thing. When I ran the program to download the system menu I saw "E" and I saw "J" and didnt take the time to notice the "U" so I thought "English" "Japanese" I spend half my day on computer forums and also do a lot of stuff in Japanese so I am used to seeing abbreviations for language and not region. I picked the wrong one.

Common sense told me if I am about to install a new version of something to uninstall the bad one first as any file I would need would be written back on there, again another computer like trait. when installing new video card drives its best to wipe the old ones first and not just install the new ones on top of it.

So now if you understand why I made the mistake, lets try to see if we can fix it
biggrin.gif

I was thinking about CiosCorp and SoftMii, stuff that uses its own custom IOS files and system menu. Perhaps that would fix me up.

I dont see why I am bricked right now anyays I have installed all the IOS files and the full system menu, so wonder what I am lacking currently to keep it from working.

HakoByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i run bootmii im trying to run the Trucha Bug Restorer and all it just says is this
failed to boot selected file
how do i fix this?

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
read the post above your other post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not that hard really.

OFFLINE UPDATE

anyone wanting to update to 4.1 from the 4.0 guide just redownload the offline upgrade again run the prepare.bat, choose the correct SM you want and let it run. once done and all verified copy the contents of the sd folder to the root of a fat16/fat fresh farmated sd card.

then insert the sd card in the wii run wad manager 1.4 thru HBC and follow the guide from step 11 onwards.

QUOTE said:
11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on.

12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad

13) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

14) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

remember this is only needed if you already used the original 4.0 offline update,

i can confirm it working as i just updated 5 mins ago and still have full HBC/USB fuctionality

Thanks, I'll try this. And will I still have BootMii before the SysMenu, or will it be overwritten? Because I want to get rid of Preloader but not BootMii; it seems pointless to have both of them there. If I ever need to do a NAND recovery all I need is one of them.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ I heart. Bootmii will still be there as long as it's installed as boot 2. Yes preloader goes away when u change system menus. Nothing wrong with having bootmii and preloader though double the protection

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rest_easy said:
since i have bootmii installed on boot2 (currently on system menu 3.2U done via the twilight hack way back when with starfall and bootmii on boot2 and have my NAND backup) do I need preloader? I was thinking just bootmii and startpatch.

I have starfall on my system, do I need to uninstall that before doing all this?
Also, is my twilight hack going to remain or do I need to/will I need to use the bannerbomb version?
Also, I have ciosrev13a so do I need rev10?

thank you for the guide
you don't need preloader but I like having it instead of star patch because it offers better protection and the starfall type hacks. I don't think you can have star patch and preloader 2gether though so choose one I guess. Your current star patch will get overwritten when u update. If you have cios rev 13a no need to go to 10 but uine as well upgrade to cios rev 14. You can use ur old homebrew channel to use the hackmii installer to get the new homebrew channel and bootmii. Yes ur twillight hack is there but it won't be doing anything as I can't work on 4,0 or higher. It isn't something that reamins on ur system

ThE MaSTeR 3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used this guide to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.1U everything works fine besides dlc. The guide say not to install ios61 (shop channel) but isnt that needed for "downloaded" dlc to work. How can I get "downloaded" dlc to work with a offline wii? Been trying to get megaman9 dlc to work since it came out last year!

please help

ThE MaSTeR 3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used this guide to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.1U everything works fine besides dlc. The guide say not to install ios61 (shop channel) but isnt that needed for "downloaded" dlc to work. How can I get "downloaded" dlc to work with a offline wii? Been trying to get megaman9 dlc to work since it came out last year!

please help

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue with accessing the Shop Channel, it will load, but it will instantly restart and dump me back to the system menu. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Also "Region free channels-SD card menu" in the new 4.1E hacks.ini doesn't seem to work, I've tested several US/JP games and all have failed to boot. Anyone else with this problem? I haven't tested any of the other hacks yet.

T$unami said:
Yes, I jumped to 12 2) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check, did 11 4.1 updater again then 12 again and then continued as per instructions

Thanks for confirming. As I suspected, it worked. =)

Father Ted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
T$unami said:
Yes, I jumped to 12 2) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check, did 11 4.1 updater again then 12 again and then continued as per instructions

Thanks works now
smile.gif

rest_easy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taka said:
T$unami said:

Thanks for confirming. As I suspected, it worked. =)

That wasn't working for me. At first I got the same 1036 error. Then I installed the ios60 with sig hash check, ran the 4.1 updater and again (always at shop channel download part) I get ret=-1

So, I ran the 4.0 updater and that finally went through

I then ran the 4.1 updater and re-ran the Dop-IOS60

I have 1120 blocks free on my wii

currently on 3.2U, wiikey2 installed, starfall, bootmii with boot2 and have my NAND backup, ciosrev14. Homebrew channel was achieved a long while ago via the twilight hack. It has since updated itself through the network.
I did this while eating grapes (red). They were delicious.

Taka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed I haven't got IOS61 (according to Dop-IOS) which from what I've gathered through searching, is the required IOS for the Shop Channel. So is it OK to go ahead and install IOS61 via Dop-IOS in hope that it fixes the problem of kicking me back to the system menu?

rest_easy said:
That wasn't working for me. At first I got the same 1036 error. Then I installed the ios60 with sig hash check, ran the 4.1 updater and again (always at shop channel download part) I get ret=-1

So, I ran the 4.0 updater and that finally went through

I then ran the 4.1 updater and re-ran the Dop-IOS60

Yea, I heard running the 4.0 update first and then 4.1 also fixed the problems of installing/downloading in the process of updating straight to 4.1. I would have tried this myself if patching IOS60 prior to updating to 4.1 didn't work.

RobySchwarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have succesfully update from 3.4e to 4.1e offline mode and i have a couple of questions:

1) I have BootMii installed as boot2, can i skip the preloader installation?
2) I have HBC and Backup Launcher channel installed and they seems to work. Now i want to install an usb loader as a channel. Can i do that in offline mode? Which usb loader is best?
3) Is there a channel to play dvd/divx?

Thanks and congr. for this excellent work!

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RobySchwarz said:
1) I have BootMii installed as boot2, can i skip the preloader installation?
2) I have HBC and Backup Launcher channel installed and they seems to work. Now i want to install an usb loader as a channel. Can i do that in offline mode? Which usb loader is best?
3) Is there a channel to play dvd/divx?
1. Yes, though it's main purpose for this tut is to skip disc updates which can be harmful
2. Pretty sure you can install anything as a channel with channel forwarder, search for it. I like configurable usb loader but i know some prefer the usb loader gx. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_releases
3. mplayer can do this, you can find it on wiibrew.org or with the homebrew browser app

-------------------------------

I followed this tut with the online mode and everything went well. I did have to install IOS60 prior to FW updater 4.1. All of my backup launchers and VC/WiiWARE games work but my shop channel and photo channel just go to a black screen and lock up the wii. I also tried the news channel but it needed wiiconnect24 on which is bad bad bad, right? I was able to use the Internet channel just fine so it's not like all of my internet requiring apps don't work. Anyone else have this problem?

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
just need to know b4 i go ahead ............
currently on 3.2e
preloader/bootmii installed
cios 249 rev10
usb loaders all working/games....

@ what stage do i follow...........from -----------want to use online method........

noon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REALDEAL said:
just need to know b4 i go ahead ............
currently on 3.2e
preloader/bootmii installed
cios 249 rev10
usb loaders all working/games....

@ what stage do i follow...........from -----------want to use online method........
I was in the same situation and started from step 6. Make sure you do step 12 before 11, but do 12 again after 11. Follow *all* the steps after 6 including preloader install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson