satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Phenie said:
@satel

Use the reset/power buttons on your wii to control it.

My question:
in the offline version:

QUOTE said:
1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat and choose your desired version

This is the version you wish to upgrade to, correct?

Also, I tried the online version first but it fails to download the right IOS15 during the downgrade process on step 6. It seems to download, then when you try run the downgrade it cannot detect it.

i tried but did not work but lucky i found old GC controller. btw can you please tell me where do i find the Trucha Bug Restorer ?

Kayes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to update to 4.1e and i installed HBC and BootMii (as IOS) but everytime i launch BootMii my Wii controller loses connection and there is nothing i can do but reset the Wii. Any suggestions?

Phenie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kayes said:
Im trying to update to 4.1e and i installed HBC and BootMii (as IOS) but everytime i launch BootMii my Wii controller loses connection and there is nothing i can do but reset the Wii. Any suggestions?

BootMii can be controlled via the buttons on your Wii - the power button will move the selection and the reset button selects. Either that or a gamecube controller.

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to follow this guide to use the backup launcher. I installed the homebrew channel and bootmii without any problems, but when i tried to install cIOS36 rev10, i get an 2011 error. I just saw that there are 2 new steps in this guide (trucha bug restorer) before being able to install cIOS36 rev10. Will these two steps help me?

Kayes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phenie said:
Kayes said:

BootMii can be controlled via the buttons on your Wii - the power button will move the selection and the reset button selects. Either that or a gamecube controller.

Hmn, I cant control it via the Power or Reset buttons (nothing happends when I press Power and Reset just resets). I dont own a gamecube controller. Is it supposed to lose the wii controller when launching BootMii?

Phenie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kayes said:
Hmn, I cant control it via the Power or Reset buttons (nothing happends when I press Power and Reset just resets). I dont own a gamecube controller. Is it supposed to lose the wii controller when launching BootMii?

My Wiimote also fails to work, but the buttons on the front do work... no idea why they would not for you.

I have finally succeeded in installing 4.1e. The offline tutorial is spot on as far as I can see, so thanks a tonne for that.

Now, how does one run WiiWare off the SD card? I have tried placing WADs directly there, but that does not seem to work, as nothing is detected. I still seem able to install them manually via WAD manager, but my whole reason for doing this was to try run a certain game, which is still not running via that method...

Is there some specific way to run things from the SD Channel?
Thanks

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the offline guide today on a 4.0 wii,all went well but when i start some games my wii remote desinks then with others its fine also i cant play any stuff through the dvd channell any more,anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance
smile.gif

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a strangle problem after using this guide. Not all the time, but sometimes when i turn the Wii on, i just get a black screen (no health warning screen or anything), to get past this i have to take my SD card out and then turn on the Wii. Whats the problem here?

donnakamla

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running homwbrew fine on 3.2E BUT none of my Channels are working (except for the Homebrew Channel) probably due to a corrupted WAD some time ago.
Had a bricked Wii for a few months until I took a second shot at it and Fantastic I am up and running again with the addition of the new and very cool USB Loader.
Anyway I haven't had any channels other than Homebrew working since the first CRASH which bricked my Wii.
Still haven't got the version 4 updater to actually work for me yet either. Maybe the fix is to rerun the step where IOS 60 is installed and patched as I read on another page.
Got a full backup of my NAND which I've had to load twice now. I get aggresive and start deleting IOS files so as to try and cull the fault within my Wii OS.
One of them HAS to be causing Channels to not work. What else have I tried to get my Channels working? Installed a WAD which reinstalled my System Menu.
Actually thats one of the things which got me my System back up and running after the Wii brick. I've tried another call Mii Channel Updater.
I found another on QJ net which ran the IOS 50 and Competition Channel update. In each case the Channel installes but when I run it, it apparently starts to load but fails to.
At least I have a working Homebrew Channel and USB Loader.

Oh yeh I bought the Wii Sports Resort disc today giving back to Nintendo!!! BUT the game doesn't run for me even with the Alternate.DOL file set to load and IOS set to reboot to CIOS 249 (something like that).
I even ran system update from the Disc but it bricked the Wii and I had to reload the NAND (so useful) with BootMii.

In the meantime I'm patient and I'll keep reading, cheers and thanks to all the talented programmers out there.

Update: This resolved my problem referring to an entry on page 86 - I needed to run the DOP-IOS to install a patched ios60 BEFORE running the 4.1 updater.
So in summary performing step 12 (run the DOP-IOS to install a patched ios60) before step 11 (update to System 4.1E) allowed this to work for me.
2nd update: still no luck with the Mii Channel working. Sports Resort still doesn't work after the 4.1E update either from the Disc Channel or USB Loader. I've got USB Loader set to load the alternate DOL and set to block IOS reload. The game reboots the Wii and doesn't run.
3rd update: took the leap (after all the other successful changes updating to System 4.1) and ran the Wii Sport system update. Amazingly when all other measures failed this has fixed my Mii Channels and Forecast Channels. Now Sports Resort also works but I haven't tested my USB Loader in homebrew Channel.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2005tee: you are welcome
smile.gif

Code:
This is the version you wish to upgrade to, correct?

Also, I tried the online version first but it fails to download the right IOS15 during the downgrade process on step 6. It seems to download, then when you try run the downgrade it cannot detect it.
That is correct, also I have used TBR online and it works fine, try formatting your SD card

maxpouliot said:
when i tried to install cIOS36 rev10, i get an 2011 error. I just saw that there are 2 new steps in this guide (trucha bug restorer) before being able to install cIOS36 rev10. Will these two steps help me?
Yes they will please download the latest pack and try again

Code:
Why is cIOS36_rev10 included in this guide and not cIOS36_rev13??
Ive had problems with rev13 and rev10 seems to be the most stable. feel free to upgrade after the guide.

Phenie said:
My Wiimote also fails to work, but the buttons on the front do work... no idea why they would not for you.

I have finally succeeded in installing 4.1e. The offline tutorial is spot on as far as I can see, so thanks a tonne for that.

Now, how does one run WiiWare off the SD card? I have tried placing WADs directly there, but that does not seem to work, as nothing is detected. I still seem able to install them manually via WAD manager, but my whole reason for doing this was to try run a certain game, which is still not running via that method...

Is there some specific way to run things from the SD Channel?
Thanks
The latest Bootmii supposedly doesnt support the front buttons.

Glad 4.1E works with offline upgrade. All you need to do is install a WAD like normal and then in data management choose "Move" to copy it to the SD card.

rommy667 said:
I followed the offline guide today on a 4.0 wii,all went well but when i start some games my wii remote desinks then with others its fine also i cant play any stuff through the dvd channell any more,anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance
smile.gif

Some newer games need different settings to load. Try Neogamma with 002 Fix and force settings.
DVD Channel? like playing movies? try reinstalling DVDX using the Hackmii installer.

QUOTE(lettuce @ Jul 23 2009, 10:00 AM) I have a strangle problem after using this guide. Not all the time, but sometimes when i turn the Wii on, i just get a black screen (no health warning screen or anything), to get past this i have to take my SD card out and then turn on the Wii. Whats the problem here?
Sounds like a bootmii problem. Try formatting the SD card.

QUOTE(donnakamla @ Jul 23 2009, 10:08 AM)
I'm running homwbrew fine on 3.2E BUT none of my Channels are working (except for the Homebrew Channel) probably due to a corrupted WAD some time ago.
Had a bricked Wii for a few months until I took a second shot at it and Fantastic I am up and running again with the addition of the new and very cool USB Loader.
Anyway I haven't had any channels other than Homebrew working since the first CRASH which bricked my Wii.
Still haven't got the version 4 updater to actually work for me yet either. Maybe the fix is to rerun the step where IOS 60 is installed and patched as I read on another page.
Got a full backup of my NAND which I've had to load twice now. I get aggresive and start deleting IOS files so as to try and cull the fault within my Wii OS.
One of them HAS to be causing Channels to not work. What else have I tried to get my Channels working? Installed a WAD which reinstalled my System Menu.
Actually thats one of the things which got me my System back up and running after the Wii brick. I've tried another call Mii Channel Updater.
I found another on QJ net which ran the IOS 50 and Competition Channel update. In each case the Channel installes but when I run it, it apparently starts to load but fails to.
At least I have a working Homebrew Channel and USB Loader.

Oh yeh I bought the Wii Sports Resort disc today giving back to Nintendo!!! BUT the game doesn't run for me even with the Alternate.DOL file set to load and IOS set to reboot to CIOS 249 (something like that).
I even ran system update from the Disc but it bricked the Wii and I had to reload the NAND (so useful) with BootMii.

In the meantime I'm patient and I'll keep reading, cheers and thanks to all the talented programmers out there.
Try starting the guide over from the begging. IOS-Downgrader and cIOS-Downgrader should give you a fully working 3.2

If you bought Wii Sports Resort just run it in the disc channel. no need for loaders.

inertiauk

Trophies
XP
Country
Everythign goes great for me until I install preloader, i haev tried loads of times from beginning to end. At the step before loading preloader backup discs will register in the wii menu, however of course they show as system update. When I install preloader and go to the hacks page it says "no hacks available for menu 450" so preloader doesnt support 4.1e only 4.0e and earlier ?

when i reset the console after this i get a black screen, however holding reset lets preloader come up and I can access HBC in order to repeat the process.

Any help please ?

/edit
when i re-install preloader it actualy freezes on install done, laoding preloader ... waiting 5s ....

ive waited 10 minutes and it does nothing, reboot and my tv says no signal, reboot with reset down and i get preloader. choose system menu off preloader out of interest and i get a black screen.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
trying to install bootmii, but my remote disconnects on the wanring screen, where it says press 1 to continue. please help, thanks.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i have done the Online Method but some games freeze with usb loader & i want to know how do i update the cIOS36 rev10 to Newer version ? & where can i find the newer versions ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course