The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nabster92 said:
UnseenHero said:
ok i read it but i think im doing something wrong
1. At step 7 and 8 my screen turns black and i still have 4.0u.
same at step 9.

at step 10 at the end it said something failed.
last preloader doesnt work

Online Downgrade/Upgrade

Prerequisites:
--SD card
--cIOS or vulnerable IOS36
--Wifi Connection (Ethernet doesnt work)
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices

Does that answer anything?
What does that mean :S

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It means if you didn't have cIOS previously installed on your Wii then you shouldn't be doing the online guide as it won't work without having the Trucha Bug on your system.

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this guide from scratch to unbrick my bricked Wii? I had a Wiikey modchipped 3.2U Wii and upgraded to 4.0U through this guide... I wrote more details in my topic (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168092) but, asking here might be good too:

QUOTE said:
Hello there, I've a problem to ask you guys.

I had a Wiikey modded NTSC Wii version 3.2 ; and I updated to 4.0 through this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I used it fine for a while, but then I tried to play a backup copy game of my own (NTSC). Couldn't make it run (probably from the disc...) so I tried the original copy I had (PAL). It didn't run also, so I tried the NTSC again... But when I restarted my Wii, I got the message "The System Files Are Corrupted...". The message is also corrupted, I've to swing the wiimote a bit to make it readable.

I don't have a NAND backup but I've the things installed ready in that guide. What can I do? I tried to install preloader 0.29 again but i still get this same error. I can access both bootmii and preloader fine, but still get this error upon selecting Systemmenu.

Edit: I only use my wii to play games, and want to use homebrew channel maybe to install VC and WiiWare games. I don't really knew what I would lose upon installing 3.4 or 4.0 directly, so I installed with that guide just in case. If there's a way to return things back to normal 4.0 or something, let me know about them too please.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nabster92 said:
It means if you didn't have cIOS previously installed on your Wii then you shouldn't be doing the online guide as it won't work without having the Trucha Bug on your system.

What if i get trucha bug?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
nabster92 said:

...Then it will work. You can either just follow the offline guide to do it (as long as you don't have a Wii that you bought this year or so) or use the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the Trucha Bug back on IOS36 and then run the cIOS rev13 installer using IOS36 to install it.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nabster92 said:
UnseenHero said:
nabster92 said:

...Then it will work. You can either just follow the offline guide to do it (as long as you don't have a Wii that you bought this year or so) or use the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the Trucha Bug back on IOS36 and then run the cIOS rev13 installer using IOS36 to install it.
K thanks i still new to homebrew but ill try my best to do it THANKS again for help

hamy777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you reccomend that people use usb loader rather backups from discs because it kills the wii's laser and will require repair happened to me 120 bucks down the drain

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hamy777 said:
can you reccomend that people use usb loader rather backups from discs because it kills the wii's laser and will require repair happened to me 120 bucks down the drain

But how many bucks did you save by downloading the games ?? Small price to pay isn't it ?

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was on 3.2E with softmod MiiWii working. I upgraded to 4.0U via the system menu official updater. Then I rehacked my Wii etc. to use a USB loader i.e. cIOS rev 10 etc. Everything is working fine.

Can someone tell me what "Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check" does? Should I do this step aswell?

Many thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
I was on 3.2E with softmod MiiWii working. I upgraded to 4.0U via the system menu official updater. Then I rehacked my Wii etc. to use a USB loader i.e. cIOS rev 10 etc. Everything is working fine.

Can someone tell me what "Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check" does? Should I do this step aswell?

Many thanks.

That will install a patched IOS60 which will allow you to play installed wad's of vc/wiiware games off of the sd card menu as well as legit ones. If you are interested in that then do it.

QUOTE(alimami @ Jul 17 2009, 03:00 AM) i have 3.2j modded wii can i use offline method of this guide to update to 4.0j ??

From the top of the guide:

for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

I don't think the prepare.bat has an option for the 4.0J system menu.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
That will install a patched IOS60 which will allow you to play installed wad's of vc/wiiware games off of the sd card menu as well as legit ones. If you are interested in that then do it.

Thanks
wink.gif

alimami

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
QUOTE said:
From the top of the guide:

for EUR and USA Wiis only not JAP or KOREAN

I don't think the prepare.bat has an option for the 4.0J system menu.
but prepare.bat has 4.0j to choose.because of this i asked the question.
what now??can i update or not??

and i have another question:my SD is not capable with bootmii but in the guide it said that you should install.what should i do??

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to verify that I should be good to go to install USBLoaderGX after following this guide? Sounds like I should since cIOS249 was installed but I just wanted to check.

Thank you.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rei said:
I used it fine for a while, but then I tried to play a backup copy game of my own (NTSC). Couldn't make it run (probably from the disc...) so I tried the original copy I had (PAL). It didn't run also, so I tried the NTSC again... But when I restarted my Wii, I got the message "The System Files Are Corrupted...". The message is also corrupted, I've to swing the wiimote a bit to make it readable.
This is a very common problem, Can you boot to Bootmii or Preloader? hold reset while you power on. if you can all you need to do is boot HBC and run cios-downgrader or firmware-updater or install systemmenu.wad

nabster92 said:
or use the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the Trucha Bug back on IOS36
This program works on all Wiis? if so Ill just add that as a step before install cios

alimami said:
but prepare.bat has 4.0j to choose.because of this i asked the question.
what now??can i update or not??

and i have another question:my SD is not capable with bootmii but in the guide it said that you should install.what should i do??
I dont have any personal experience with JAP Wiis so I only put that there because someone told me it doesnt work on them
In theory the offline guide should work but YOU NEED TO INSTALL BOOTMII BOOT2 or risk bricking
I do not reccomend that you try anything without first installing Bootmii boot2 or at least preloader and be aware it is risky

QUOTE(technologiq @ Jul 17 2009, 08:44 AM)
Just wanted to verify that I should be good to go to install USBLoaderGX after following this guide? Sounds like I should since cIOS249 was installed but I just wanted to check.
yup all you need is IOS249

Firmware 4.1 is out and I will update the guide as soon as preloader hacks are available

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
nabster92 said:
or use the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the Trucha Bug back on IOS36
This program works on all Wiis? if so Ill just add that as a step before install cios

Yeap, tested to work on any Wii on any firmware. Even LU64+ Wii's, so the IOS35 downgrade method isn't needed anymore.

Could even toss in this video to explain how to use it/what you need to do with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

It also has an offline method if you get the IOS .wad's it needs. (video shows online method)

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
Rei said:
This is a very common problem, Can you boot to Bootmii or Preloader? hold reset while you power on. if you can all you need to do is boot HBC and run cios-downgrader or firmware-updater or install systemmenu.wad

I used the cIOS downgrader and now I've a working 3.2U Systemmenu thanks
biggrin.gif

But I want to ask, I already have a Wiikey modded Wii, so do I need to use this guide for upgrading 4.0U again? Or can I install directly from Wii's Update?

If I can do that, I want to get rid all the programs I installed with this guide(excluding bootmii and preloader, they can save lives
biggrin.gif
), what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...