Status
Not open for further replies.

sevast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.2 with starfall and use backup launcer, homebrew channel, etc. Will I loose any advantage at all by moving to 4? Do I have to remove starfall somehow first?

Also, do I gain anything other than SD from this? Because I've only got 5 vc games on my wii. What do I get from 4.0?

InTheDeep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ assassda Big Up Dude

Many Thanks assassda for a Top Quality package and guide you have lovingly put together for us . RESPECT
smile.gif

I only had 1 little problem and that was in Prerequisites:--cIOS or vulnerable IOS36 was missing in the Online guide the week i done the guide ,
which meant that only the 4 update in the Online Guide worked but it would seem no harms done . ( i assume ?)

So i did a bit of the Offline Guide upto the point i could then install cIOS38_rev13-Installer instead of the cIOS36_rev10-Installer in the Online and finnished the install with the Online Guide, and all seems FanBloodyTastic dude . ( sorry to waffle )

So Massive Props to you assassda for all you're time, effort, hard work and support and putting up with our whinging and whining LOL .
( u love it u slag )

Much Appriciated Indeed

MANY MANY MANY THANKS
smile.gif

InTheDeep

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dole said:
BootMii still loads, but it won't load HBC via holding down reset and powering on, or through the BootMii menu, it just goes black. Same with the Wii channel.
Bootmii wont load the Homebrew Channel?
blink.gif
Did you install the HBC using the hackmii installer? What if you choose to launch the system menu while holding the reset button? maybe you could boot preloader in that way. what exactly happens when you choose system menu? just a black screen?

darthvivi said:
I followed the instructions exactly but step 12 isn't working for me. Holding reset doesn't take me to the preloader (I did access the preloader menu right after installation, however). It takes me to BootMii if I hold reset for a short time and the System Menu if I hold reset for a long time.
If it loads Bootmii just choose System Menu and it should load preloader. if it doesnt then run the preloader installer again

melodical said:
As you advised reinstalling the cIOS36_rev10 again sorted it. Everything game is now working including a tdk+r disk, phillips 16x -r discs, and good old verbatims at full 16x speed
Ghostb and supr punch0ut backup discs also run with no probs.

1. Is CIOSCORP Region specific

2. Is there a few different versions of CIOSCORP, could i install an old version through google searching or would this be problematic. Would i need the latest version?

3. Do you think that CIOSCORP installation maybe problematic to update in the future as it messes with original nintendo ios's?

4. Does gamecube launcher mess with any official ios?

5. If i dont install CIOSCORP, will it be ok for someone to accidently click on the game through the Wii menu 'disc loader', is there a possibilty of a semi-brick?

8. Can i now delete all the installation files i.e cios36_rev10-install, CMDVDX35, WAD MANAGERS

& leave preloader and
everything from the apps folder that i need like neogamma and usb loader?

9. Lastly, how do i go about installing DVDX after following this guide without semi-bricking as geexbox and mplayer ce wont play original movie DVDS or divx. Do i have to follow the 3 steps on bootmii (i.e downgrade iso35,patchmii install DVDX) or can i just run step 3 = install DVDx

1000 thankyou's assassda

PS. Theres 10 pints behind the bar for you if you come to wales! Keep up the good work!
smile.gif

If you can already run games with Neogamma thats great! I wouldnt bother installing cioscorp now
1. no cioscorp works on all regions
2. cioscorpv2 is prefered although I dont know the difference
3. after each update you will need to reinstall cioscorp
4. the gamecube backup launcher uses MIOS which is an IOS not touched by cioscorp
5. It will just say the game cannot be launched. no danger there
8. Yes be sure to delete bannerbomb too in /private/
9. you should be able to install DVDX now, if not follow their steps to downgrade IOS35

QUOTE(sevast @ Jul 12 2009, 04:23 AM) I have 3.2 with starfall and use backup launcer, homebrew channel, etc. Will I loose any advantage at all by moving to 4? Do I have to remove starfall somehow first?

Also, do I gain anything other than SD from this? Because I've only got 5 vc games on my wii. What do I get from 4.0?
You will lose Starfall but you can use preloader instead which is a better alternative
The main reason to upgrade is the SD Menu, if this doesnt interest you stick with 3.2

QUOTE(InTheDeep @ Jul 12 2009, 07:21 AM)
Much Appriciated Indeed

MANY MANY MANY THANKS
smile.gif

InTheDeep
congrats on sodtmodding your wii

darthvivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If it loads Bootmii just choose System Menu and it should load preloader. if it doesnt then run the preloader installer again

When I choose System Menu, it just loads System Menu. When I run the installer after upgrading to 4.0, it says "Failed to get ROOT. current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed." From my other topic (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=167297) it was suggested I install a IOS36 patch WAD, however after doing so nothing happened and the preloader installer still didn't work. (I was expecting the IOS36 wad to appear in the channels but apparently that is newbish?)

To make sure I was following the instructions correctly I retried everything by restoring NAND using BootMii, but the same thing happened again. Preloader works before the 4.0 update but not afterwards.

GizmoDVD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, did the offline guide and good to go. Looks like the Online guide is kaput. Now if only USB Loader will actually work.

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
dole said:
BootMii still loads, but it won't load HBC via holding down reset and powering on, or through the BootMii menu, it just goes black. Same with the Wii channel.
Bootmii wont load the Homebrew Channel?
blink.gif
Did you install the HBC using the hackmii installer? What if you choose to launch the system menu while holding the reset button? maybe you could boot preloader in that way. what exactly happens when you choose system menu? just a black screen?

No, won't load HBC at all. I had HBC before I started the ultimate guide, but it was an older version, 1.0.1, I believe. HackMii updated it, and there were reboots after it updated and HBC worked fine when installing cIOS36 and running the IOS and cIOS downgraders. I installed Preloader twice during the same step because I missed the "restarting in 5 seconds" message the first time and wasn't sure it took, and Preloader ran fine so I assumed it installed.

With the SD card with the Ultimate Guide software inserted:
When I power up, it boots to BootMii. If I hold the reset button in while starting it up, BootMii attempts to load HBC (you can see the icon selected in BootMii for a second) then it goes black.

If I try running system menu by hitting reset while in BootMii, it does the same thing as hitting A: tries to load the system menu but just goes black.

With NO SD card in:
The Wii powers up to a black screen, no health warning, no BootMii. If I hold reset in while powering up, same thing, a black screen. No Preloader, no BootMii.

I tried powering up into Maintenance Mode, holding + and - while powering on, doesn't do anything. I tried booting into recovery mode using an aftermarket Gamestop GC wireless controller, but I don't think you can hold down all directions on the controller so I'm going to disassemble an original GC controller in a bit and see if that works.

Anything else to try?

I've tried running .dols and .elfs from the SD card while in BootMii but it "fails" to load to execute anything. I was a bit surprised that restoring the backup NAND I had didn't do anything. Trying to stay patient and keep my bricking in here instead of creating a new topic.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darthvivi said:
When I choose System Menu, it just loads System Menu. When I run the installer after upgrading to 4.0, it says "Failed to get ROOT. current IOS(36) has the fakesign bug fixed." From my other topic (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=167297) it was suggested I install a IOS36 patch WAD, however after doing so nothing happened and the preloader installer still didn't work. (I was expecting the IOS36 wad to appear in the channels but apparently that is newbish?)

To make sure I was following the instructions correctly I retried everything by restoring NAND using BootMii, but the same thing happened again. Preloader works before the 4.0 update but not afterwards.
Run IOS-Downgrader, should fix that

QUOTE(dole @ Jul 12 2009, 03:22 PM) No, won't load HBC at all. I had HBC before I started the ultimate guide, but it was an older version, 1.0.1, I believe. HackMii updated it, and there were reboots after it updated and HBC worked fine when installing cIOS36 and running the IOS and cIOS downgraders. I installed Preloader twice during the same step because I missed the "restarting in 5 seconds" message the first time and wasn't sure it took, and Preloader ran fine so I assumed it installed.

When I power up, it boots to BootMii. If I hold the reset button in while starting it up, BootMii attempts to load HBC (you can see the icon selected in BootMii for a second) then it goes black.

If I try running system menu by hitting reset while in BootMii, it does the same thing as hitting A: tries to load the system menu but just goes black.

With NO SD card in:
The Wii powers up to a black screen, no health warning, no BootMii. If I hold reset in while powering up, same thing, a black screen. No Preloader, no BootMii.

I tried powering up into Maintenance Mode, holding + and - while powering on, doesn't do anything. I tried booting into recovery mode using an aftermarket Gamestop GC wireless controller, but I don't think you can hold down all directions on the controller so I'm going to disassemble an original GC controller in a bit and see if that works.

Anything else to try?

I've tried running .dols and .elfs from the SD card while in BootMii but it "fails" to load to execute anything. I was a bit surprised that restoring the backup NAND I had didn't do anything. Trying to stay patient and keep my bricking in here instead of creating a new topic.
try running the hackmii installer again using Bootmii and reinstall the homebrew channel, or even install an older version of the HBC
Also try formatting your SD card (after backing up your files of course) and try running the elf file again
Ive never heard of this problem before you should also post a message on the Bootmii forums telling them you cannot run HBC and see what they say

darthvivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working!

I feel pretty idiotic, I was downloading 4.0U from Nintendo instead of using Waninkoko's updater, because for some reason it didn't copy to my SD card along with the other apps.

Thanks for the awesome guide!

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darthvivi said:
I got it working!

I feel pretty idiotic, I was downloading 4.0U from Nintendo instead of using Waninkoko's updater, because for some reason it didn't copy to my SD card along with the other apps.

Thanks for the awesome guide!
Did the 4.0 Updater work?
blink.gif
I just Updated the guide to avoid using it
rofl2.gif

EDIT: Gizmo apparently your internet just sucks the updater works

GizmoDVD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
EDIT: Gizmo apparently your internet just sucks the updater works

You mean how the 15 times I tried it it stalled at the exact same spot every single time (#115)? I doubt that.

unliwiited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks! i was able to update my wii to 4.0 & now i can play wiiware & vc games via sd card. all games play fine & not asking for any update.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'd also like to thank you for this guide! Helped so much, Hadnt kept up with the latest wii scene since last year when i sold my wii. Thanks to this guide i have my sisters wii hooked up to an external HDD running games of it and my mates wii playing backups via dvd drive. Nice one!

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide. Used it prior to Bootmii and have preloader installed. Just wondering, if I wanted to remove preloader, as I have bootmii as boot2, and followed steps 6-10 without installing preloader at step 11, would that completely remove preloader?

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
dole said:
No, won't load HBC at all. I had HBC before I started the ultimate guide, but it was an older version, 1.0.1, I believe. HackMii updated it, and there were reboots after it updated and HBC worked fine when installing cIOS36 and running the IOS and cIOS downgraders. I installed Preloader twice during the same step because I missed the "restarting in 5 seconds" message the first time and wasn't sure it took, and Preloader ran fine so I assumed it installed.

With NO SD card in:

Anything else to try?

try running the hackmii installer again using Bootmii and reinstall the homebrew channel, or even install an older version of the HBC
Also try formatting your SD card (after backing up your files of course) and try running the elf file again
Ive never heard of this problem before you should also post a message on the Bootmii forums telling them you cannot run HBC and see what they say

I backed up and reformatted the card, used a fresh copy of the Ultimate software, it still just boots to a black screen, same with holding reset and powering up, nothing. I copied the BootMii directory back over to the card and it'll load into BootMii as usual. Whenever I run the HackMii installer, or any dol or elf from the SD menu, it just stops and dumps back out to the BootMii main menu with the SD icon selected after a few seconds. Tried original copies of the HackMii installer and Preloader from their websites, same thing.

Going to post at BootMii.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GizmoDVD said:
You mean how the 15 times I tried it it stalled at the exact same spot every single time (#115)? I doubt that.
I just ran it once and it worked so did another user. want me to run it 14 more times? i think it will still work. its something with your Wii or Wifi

unliwiited said:
thanks! i was able to update my wii to 4.0 & now i can play wiiware & vc games via sd card. all games play fine & not asking for any update.
grats

jaxxster said:
I'd also like to thank you for this guide! Helped so much, Hadnt kept up with the latest wii scene since last year when i sold my wii. Thanks to this guide i have my sisters wii hooked up to an external HDD running games of it and my mates wii playing backups via dvd drive. Nice one!
youre welcome

QUOTE(Kiljaeden @ Jul 12 2009, 08:35 PM) Thanks for the guide. Used it prior to Bootmii and have preloader installed. Just wondering, if I wanted to remove preloader, as I have bootmii as boot2, and followed steps 6-10 without installing preloader at step 11, would that completely remove preloader?
all you need to do is reinstall your system Menu IOS and System Menu. Caution this is dangerous if using WADs try using Waninkoko's Firmware-Downgrader

QUOTE(dole @ Jul 12 2009, 08:37 PM)
I backed up and reformatted the card, used a fresh copy of the Ultimate software, it still just boots to a black screen, same with holding reset and powering up, nothing. I copied the BootMii directory back over to the card and it'll load into BootMii as usual. Whenever I run the HackMii installer, or any dol or elf from the SD menu, it just stops and dumps back out to the BootMii main menu with the SD icon selected after a few seconds. Tried original copies of the HackMii installer and Preloader from their websites, same thing.

Going to post at BootMii.
Im very sorry to hear that. If you can still boot to Bootmii then there is still hope but I dont know what could be the problem. Try restoring your NAND again and good luck

IchigoZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmfao i bailed this thing

i using miiwii or loadstructor it really works

i mean when i use this guide i get a DVD read error that no1 can fix
hate2.gif

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed this new step was added to the guide:

"10) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check."

I just used this guide the other day to update to 4.0 but there was a different step here, I think to use the IOS 60 updater. How is this new step different? And do I need to do something else to keep my Wii current?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jimshabadoo said:
I noticed this new step was added to the guide:

"10) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check."

I just used this guide the other day to update to 4.0 but there was a different step here, I think to use the IOS 60 updater. How is this new step different? And do I need to do something else to keep my Wii current?
They do the same thing dont worry

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have another fear now. I got some new wads and went over to my friends house. He updated to 4.0u and it seems I couldn't get any wad installers to install games that installed to my 3.2u wii perfectly. It seems that a lot of people on 4.0 have problems getting wads installed. I tried all of them and multiple different IOS on Wad Manager v1.4 to no avail. Will this problem happen if I follow the Ultimate System Menu 4.0 Guide?

I'll probably just find out the answer on my own, once I have Bootmii installed and made a NAND backup, I won't worry about problems because I restore my wii if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1