Status
Not open for further replies.

DMagic86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Its a common problem with ssbb. Your laser is dirty and is having problems reading the dual layer disc. Nintendo offers to repair it for free.

Eh...I actually got that problem taken care of a long time ago. The game loads in the disc channel just fine (when i was dealing with that error it wouldn't even show up in the disc channel)

Problem is I know upgrading my Wii did something to mess the game up. I enabled the skip disc update hack so maybe theres another hack from the preloader I should be using to play brawl.

Please help! It's my favorite game and if hacking my Wii has made it so I can't play it anymore then I give up
frown.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
blinky98 said:
Aeroglyphix said:
I finished step 4 but when I try to go to the homebrew channel the screen just turns black.

I'm having the exact same problem. I had just updated my hbc to the new version right before i ran the 4.0 updater and now hbc crashes my wii. I'd like to do steps 4-6 and get preloader installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

when you are on 4.0 system menu, the last HBC version is looking for IOS61
however, this guide tell you not installing it (why ? i don't know, it is required for the new Shop CHannel and does not harm anything)
the result is the HBC not starting... FAIL

another fail with this guide is that "downgrading" is absolutely not necessary if you are below 3.4 in order to play backups/Wads from system menu (3.4 still requires you have cIOS preinstalled, on lower version you can still run cIOS installer)

IOS downgrading is also NOT required unless you want all your IOS to be patched, which is really unnecessary: you only want IOS60 (the system menu IOS) to be patched in order to load VC/WW from SD
So just install the fixed IOS60 then launchn the official updat e process and you are done
(you will also have the last up-to-date Shop channel this way, why would you want to keep the old version, again I don't know)

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@chrPL: yes you need wifi

@grox: yes CIOSCORP works on 4.0. Read the entire first post incl FAQ

@ZombiePosessor, nabster92: thank you. yeah stickyd be nice

QUOTE said:
If you are starting on 4.0 and follow the offline portion up to step 10 to install cios rev10, if you want to downgrade beyond that, do you HAVE to continue downgrading via installing those .wad's in step 11 and 12 or if you do have wifi, can you just follow the online portion from that point since you would then have cIOS installed? Are there any problems with running IOS downgrader and cIOS downgrader to downgrade from 4.0?
You can use both guides interchangeably and switch methods at any time

@sanddune600 "on cios38 rev 13 do you use ios249 for the intall" Yes

buggu79 said:
My wii cant see to recognie any of the 3 sd cards ive tried in data managment yet the photo channel picks them up. I cant also find what firmware i have (it doesnt come up in system settings) and connect 24 seems to be greyed out so i cant go online.
If you do not know your version i recommend using an official Nintendo Update. your version may be too low

Thundi said:
In the initial post it says this won't work with bootmii, so I want to know if it won't work for both bootmii install options or only for the IOS-install version.
Bootmii should work with the guide but you will most likely need to reinstall The HBC if it stops working

@powser: exactly

@FRanatic: or you can use GeckoOS for originals, or try StartPatch. honestly preloader boot time is shorter because it skips the health warning

Aeroglyphix said:
I finished step 4 but when I try to go to the homebrew channel the screen just turns black.
you have bootmii. so reinstall the HBC

QUOTE(bathingapebape @ Jun 9 2009, 07:19 PM)
So, any 4.0 system menu guide for jap wii's yet?
sorry i dont know anyone with a JAP Wii so I cant work on it

Cyberman6: try reinstalling preloader and enabling the hacks again. i think that should fix both problems. if not reinstall CIOSCORP

Jacobeian: wrong wrong wrong. the hbc uses IOS60. IOS61 is already installed by Waninkokos Updater. You need to reinstall HBC after installing IOS60 patched duh. downgrading gives you the trucha bugged versions of the IOS files because IOS36 NEEDS TO BE bugged to install preloader. dont bash the guide when youre completely wrong

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any particular reason why we shouldn't install IOS61? Doesn't the Shop Channel need that to run? Will you be able to use the Shop if IOS61 isn't installed?

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the guide and i still get the -1 error in wad manager 1.3

Can anybody help me? Also, how can i delete preloader?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
Is there any particular reason why we shouldn't install IOS61? Doesn't the Shop Channel need that to run? Will you be able to use the Shop if IOS61 isn't installed?
I just said Waninkokos installer does it already... READ PEOPLE

QUOTE(maxpouliot @ Jun 10 2009, 03:45 PM) I followed the guide and i still get the -1 error in wad manager 1.3

try starting over and reinstalling cIOS
uninstall preloader is in the FAQ

maxpouliot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
assassda said:
i.heart.piracy said:
I just said Waninkokos installer does it already... READ PEOPLE

QUOTE(maxpouliot @ Jun 10 2009, 03:45 PM) I followed the guide and i still get the -1 error in wad manager 1.3

try starting over and reinstalling cIOS
uninstall preloader is in the FAQ

Thanks for preloader info.

When i try to install CIOS, i have to choose which ios to install. Which one(s) do i have to choose exactly?

muuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used this guide step by step but after step 4 now the homebrew channel doesn't work any more... What can I do? BootMii also can't boot files.

iMak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...the guide worked perfect for me...the only issuse I'm having now is that my preloader won't recognize any system hacks. It keeps telling me no systemmenu hacks for this version(v417) was found....

Enkera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks to your guide a 2 month-journey into wii-softmod world partially comes to an end,
i finally got wii music running using usb loader gx and a usb flashstick,
however mario kart loads, then shows the wrist strap warning screen, then goes to a black screen,
i have to hard reset in order to get back to HBC,
you have any idea what might be causing this?

gazupnorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much for this guide. My Wii is now showing as 4.0E. However when I followed the guide - the offline version , at step nine when I tried to install cios_fix.wad I got an error message (ret-1035 , or something similar). What did that mean ???
Edit: I already had the homebrew channel installed - don't know if thats why I got the error message ??

Also the reason that I went through the guide was that I was hoping that some of the new backups that I have recently aquired and burnt to discs would work, but they still don't ?? The games that I am talking about are Grand Slam Tennis and Jillian Michaels Fitness - anybody any ideas if they should work ??
All my older backups are working

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
Jacobeian: wrong wrong wrong. the hbc uses IOS60. IOS61 is already installed by Waninkokos Updater. You need to reinstall HBC after installing IOS60 patched duh. downgrading gives you the trucha bugged versions of the IOS files because IOS36 NEEDS TO BE bugged to install preloader. dont bash the guide when youre completely wrong

yeah, I was wrong thinking Waninkoko updater did not install IOS61 and the Shop, my bad

However:

1/ IOS36 has not been patched until 23 October Update.. It's not required to downgrade it if you are on 3.3 or below and in any case, it's unecessary to downgrade ALL ios for that only purpose and even more to downgrade the system menu version unless you are after the 23 Oct. update

2/ HBC uses the last available IOS, i.e IOS61 in that case... not IOS60. If there is something wrong with that IOS during its installation, HBC might fail to load. This is why an official update is safer in most cases.

3/ For brick protection only, preloader is now outdated by BootMii. So unless you want to use system menu customizing options or can not install BootMii as Boot2, it's NOT necessary to install Preloader. Many of the steps in your guide (IOS downgrading, using Waninkoko updater, etc) are ONLY required to make Preloader installation possible later, which is not required for every user.

See, I'm not bashing your guide for fun, I'm just saying that this guide (and most of them, if not all), by trying to do an "universal" guide, are always proposing unneccesary steps, without ever explaining what choice you have and why you would want to do that or not...

Saekki123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I might be a little bit of newbie with this. I have 3.4E and trying to install with offline mode. Getting error "pirate blabla. press home to reboot." I tried to format the SD card. I didn't get how to use the shared2clean program. Any help with that ?

e: and I've done the 3.2->3.4 update myself. That was no problem. Now this is just giving me a headache
mad.gif

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
muuh said:
I used this guide step by step but after step 4 now the homebrew channel doesn't work any more... What can I do? BootMii also can't boot files.
reinstall hbc

iMak said:
Ok...the guide worked perfect for me...the only issuse I'm having now is that my preloader won't recognize any system hacks. It keeps telling me no systemmenu hacks for this version(v417) was found....
put hacks.ini on your SD card and reinstall preloader

Enkera: sorry dont know whats causing it. maybe try an older version of cios

gazupnorth said:
Thanks very much for this guide. My Wii is now showing as 4.0E. However when I followed the guide - the offline version , at step nine when I tried to install cios_fix.wad I got an error message (ret-1035 , or something similar). What did that mean ???
you may get that error if you already had cios installed

QUOTE(Saekki123 @ Jun 11 2009, 04:43 AM)
I might be a little bit of newbie with this. I have 3.4E and trying to install with offline mode. Getting error "pirate blabla. press home to reboot." I tried to format the SD card. I didn't get how to use the shared2clean program. Any help with that ?

e: and I've done the 3.2->3.4 update myself. That was no problem. Now this is just giving me a headache
mad.gif
format your sd card then put the shared2clean.dol at X:\apps\shared2clean\boot.dol and run it with the hbc
if you have wifi try the online guide

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error (about 5 min after running the prepare batch file) . See the photo
10zsnj6.jpg

and here is the details....any input?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
nusd
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/Desktop/Offline%20Downgrade%20Upgrade/NUSD.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

JohnOrgasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully upgraded my OpenWii mod-chipped to 4.0U using this guide, but now NONE of my burned backups are recognized by the Disc Channel. I can launch discs via Backup Launcher and the USB loader can rip discs, but the Disc Channel only works with originals now.

I see several other posts in this thread of other people experiencing this problem, some even with original games like SSBB, but I haven't seen anyone reply with a fix or a confirmation that the upgrade to 4.0 is the cause.

Any help???

zerocool99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Install cIOS36 rev13 to IOS249 using Network install mode

2) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

3) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

4) Run the 4.0 Updater

5) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

If you accidentally say YES to something dont worry about it!
If you have Bootmii you may need to reinstall the HBC channel now

6) It is highly recommended that you install preloader to prevent bricks. On the install screen press 1

7) Hold reset while powering on to access preloader and set preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"

OK I DO THE ABOVE AND KEEP BRICKING MY MACHINE.......BLACK SCREEN ................4.0EUR

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

HELP PLEASE

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BillandAlisha: seems like nusd.exe froze... try nusdownloader to manually download the files or use online guide

JohnOrgasm said:
I've successfully upgraded my OpenWii mod-chipped to 4.0U using this guide, but now NONE of my burned backups are recognized by the Disc Channel. I can launch discs via Backup Launcher and the USB loader can rip discs, but the Disc Channel only works with originals now.
you have a modchip? then it should work still... maybe cios60 is causing a problem. you should just install all of cioscorp

QUOTE(zerocool99 @ Jun 11 2009, 07:41 PM) OK I DO THE ABOVE AND KEEP BRICKING MY MACHINE.......BLACK SCREEN ................4.0EUR
load preloader... select homebrew channel. start from step 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1