OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saekki123 said:
In NUSD should i put desired version to 4.0 or 3.2 ?
whatever you want dude
rolleyes.gif

but you mean 289 417 etc... http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_Versions

CruDeLioS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all!

I got a 3.3v2 Wii with the Oct 23rd fix by a_running_pir8 apllied. I haven't used my wii for ages but now I want to update everything.

I already installed bootmii as boot2 and I want to update my wii to 4.0E to start from scratch. Is it safe to update with bootmii already installed?

Thanks in advance!

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Yes, as long as you have boot2 installed, you can even delete all your IOSes and restore it with bootmii. Ever seen the movie "unbrickable"? (Bad pun intended)
tongue.gif

blargisme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to do the CIOS60BF.wad, locked up while "restarting wii" power-cycled. Now get a black screen on bootup and no preloader...

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 3.2U Wii. Twilight hacked. I want to finally upgrade to 4.0U, as I finally feel it safe since I have BootMii/boot2 working. I plan on using StarPatch to get some of the menu options I will lose with StarFall. So I figure I should just follow this guide. But what about Preloader? I don't really need it with BootMii, right? But it seems I won't be able to have cIOSCorp without it? Any tips concerning that? Thanks in advance.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
blargisme said:
Tried to do the CIOS60BF.wad, locked up while "restarting wii" power-cycled. Now get a black screen on bootup and no preloader...

U bricked your Wii - If u don't have Bootmii in boot2 installed your Wii is screwed...
Why don't you have installed preloader prior installing the WAD - the next step in the guide is this:

QUOTE4) Your system menu will now say "System Files Corrupt" but dont worry! just hold reset and launch the Homebrew Channel and install Preloader 0.29 AGAIN

Please can someone change the guide so that it starts with:
Prepare SD for Bannerbomb and Hackmii installer v.0.2
Start Bannerbomb - install bootmii in boot2 and IOS - install HBC

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MorPhiend said:
So I have a 3.2U Wii. Twilight hacked. I want to finally upgrade to 4.0U, as I finally feel it safe since I have BootMii/boot2 working. I plan on using StarPatch to get some of the menu options I will lose with StarFall. So I figure I should just follow this guide. But what about Preloader? I don't really need it with BootMii, right? But it seems I won't be able to have cIOSCorp without it? Any tips concerning that? Thanks in advance.

Preloader works well when bootmii is installed. I use it for the tweaks.
You can also install Startpatch - but i personally think it's more crappy than preloader (bricked one of my Wiis)

poseoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
poseoff said:
Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated. 2 more questions before i get started. 1st are waninkokos cISO cumulative updates, or are they dependant on prior installs of cISO's. 2nd why would you recommend preloader over BootMii?
1. you only need to install the latest version.
2. Bootmii is just new so I havent needed to install it, I realize its safer than preloader but everyone in this thread also says it causes problems. If you choose to install Bootmii install it to boot2 because the IOS version only offers the same protection as preloader. and you may need to reinstall HBC and other things after upgrading.

All went well using your guide. Thanks for the support and answers to my questions. I owe you a pint mate!:yay:

MorPhiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything including installing Preloader .29 . All is working well now. And I realized cIOScorp seems to be just for running "backups". I don't do that stuff, just homebrew. So I guess I don't even need to worry about that for now. Thanks for the help!

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
all is working great for me apart from wad manager, when i try to install wads i get an error 1022

any ideas? what ios should i use to install the wads

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blargisme said:
Truly sorry bro. I mention preloader in both guides so you really should have installed it or Bootmii.

QUOTE(supagusti @ Jun 12 2009, 10:28 AM) Please can someone change the guide so that it starts with:
well that someone would be me
unsure.gif
I guess Ill rewrite the first steps of the guides once i confirm everything works with bootmii. Ive ran both guides dozens of times without problems but I guess some people screw up and its better to be safe

poseoff: youre welcome

ricflairandy: should be using IOS249 after installing the latest cios. is your system LU64+?

MorPhiend: afaik only mods can

[Jez]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I run prepare.bat select 418 (for 4.0E) and then get a bunch of NUSD errors and no downloaded nintendo .wads, has the server moved the files?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[Jez said:
]
I run prepare.bat select 418 (for 4.0E) and then get a bunch of NUSD errors and no downloaded nintendo .wads, has the server moved the files?
works fine for me. try a different computer or try using NUSDownloader from wiibrew

blargisme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
blargisme said:

U bricked your Wii - If u don't have Bootmii in boot2 installed your Wii is screwed...
Why don't you have installed preloader prior installing the WAD - the next step in the guide is this:

QUOTE4) Your system menu will now say "System Files Corrupt" but dont worry! just hold reset and launch the Homebrew Channel and install Preloader 0.29 AGAIN

Please can someone change the guide so that it starts with:

I DID have the preloader installed v0.29 to be exact, but part of the INSTRUCTIONS are to reinstall the preloader after the CIOS install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill