Status
Not open for further replies.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nand it's ok I move it to my pc now
I don't get about rev 13 what you say exacly isn't good the rev13? is something beter?

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
all good till step 3 I am on 3.2e
runing the 4.0 Updater
update all succesfull and when come the firmware 4.0's time, after time give me the messege
"downloading content #12... ERROR! (ret= -1)"
and I am at 3.2e
what now?
reinstall? have to do something else?
please help someone
frown.gif

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RODIFIRE said:
all good till step 3 I am on 3.2e
runing the 4.0 Updater
update all succesfull and when come the firmware 4.0's time, after time give me the messege
and I am at 3.2e
what now?
reinstall? have to do something else?
please help someone
frown.gif

If you're willing to take the risk, use offline method.

No error at all, since I always get that error as well, I used offline method and everything went fine. Make sure you don't get a black out when you're installing 18 WAD files in row.

Or you could keep trying I thought it was my Internet's fault, maybe it was too slow.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok I will try it
but I try second time and again the same
second time the same problem?
at #12? not 11 nor 13?
if want internet problem? stuck the same number?

powser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I definitely don't think offline method if more risky than online.

And having a powerfailure during installation of ios is unlikely to brick your wii, unless the ios u were currently installing was the systemmenu ios when the power failure occurred.

Just reboot and continue installing.

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think someone else who know more than I do can probably answer your question.

If you aren't in a hurry, you can wait for expert. Or else, use offline method if you want it now. I also suggest you install Bootmii after you finished updating, it will be very useful.

I can't help you much. I have the same problem but I was tired of waiting so I went with offline method and succeeded. So, good luck if you're going with offline method.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
TroyTheZombie you got me I am from greece sorry for my English
I will start the offline then but from step 10 or from the start?
I am asking cause I have do something online don't have problem if I do it ofline
or don't do the same again

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
what Cios rev is beter?
rev 13 of online?
rev 10 of offline?
or some one else rev?
I Will start it again from step 1

felix1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i m on 3.1u do install this 1st or install bannerbomb? sorry i got confused looking at the guides.sorry for such stupid question.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't suggest updating to 4.0 first as it is a lot easier to just install cIOS from 3.1 or 3.2 where you already can by default instead of going through the process of upgrading downgrading and upgrading again for absolutely no reason just because it works.

Just follow the online guide from 3.1 after using bannerbomb + the hackmii installer or something to get the hbc on it.

Or you can even just follow the offline guide from 3.1. You don't HAVE to be on 4.0 for that to work. After doing step 10 of that you either continue with the rest of the offline guide or switch to the online guide at that point if you want to just run the apps and have them take care of updating you to 4.0

felix1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nabster92 said:
I wouldn't suggest updating to 4.0 first as it is a lot easier to just install cIOS from 3.1 or 3.2 where you already can by default instead of going through the process of upgrading downgrading and upgrading again for absolutely no reason just because it works.

Just follow the online guide from 3.1 after using bannerbomb + the hackmii installer or something to get the hbc on it.

Or you can even just follow the offline guide from 3.1. You don't HAVE to be on 4.0 for that to work. After doing step 10 of that you either continue with the rest of the offline guide or switch to the online guide at that point if you want to just run the apps and have them take care of updating you to 4.0

thanks for the advise. so can i say that. first of all i need to install bannerbomb, then get hackmii to install. but what is Cios. i noe that in this forum mention of cios is illegal. but is Waninkoko one of the creator of such cios ?
so after proceeding installin all this i will follow the guide till the end?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me say that i warn all users to stay away from cioscorp. It caused me countless random bricks, and is in no way safe to use on 4.0, but it is safe on any firmware below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0