Status
Not open for further replies.

kmlucy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I followed the guide and used offline downgrader till step where you turn wii on holding reset. everything went smooth and installed everything without any errors. after runing preloaderv0.20-cred i pressed 1 to install.. the screen had something on the top but was not able to read. after that i turned the wii off... then i hold reset while powering the wii ON. Now i only get BLANK screen. nothing happens.... is my wii bricked?. is there any way to fix it?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
madeirabhoy said:
had said yes to install ios 61.
what difference does this make?
none dont worry

Agent:Orange: youre welcome

El-Grosso said:
I'm trying to install it offline now as the online method doesn't work for me. I get the "you are a pirate" error, and I'm trying to sort it out using the shared2clean program, but I don't know if i'm using it right. What do I do with the downloaded files? I've been away from all this homebrew stuff for so long, I have no idea what to do with the dol and elf files.
tongue.gif

format your SD card, run shared2clean. try again

mactrader said:
When I installed the preloader it said it completed but froze after the waiting for 5s message. Thinking it was not a big deal I just reboot holding the reset button to get into the preloader. Nothing happened. The Wii turned on, but nothing on the screen. With some trial and error I managed to get it to boot into the bootmii screen. Without the SDCard though, the Wii just sits there without putting any display on the screen.
People apparently have a ton of problems with Bootmii. I dont use Bootmii so i cant help you, sorry.

goku1980: this is not a thread for general backup support

QUOTE(pachanga @ Jun 6 2009, 06:34 AM) on step 4 of the offline method: my wii freezes everytime i go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card. if i restart the wii and don't go back to that menu my system is normal. i can access every other part of the menu system.
frown.gif

i have a virgin wii with firmware version 2.2u.
format your SD card and try again. also bannerbomb might not work on 2.2, try upgrading first to 3.2 or 4.0

QUOTE(kmlucy @ Jun 6 2009, 12:29 PM)
I followed the guide and used offline downgrader till step where you turn wii on holding reset. everything went smooth and installed everything without any errors. after runing preloaderv0.20-cred i pressed 1 to install.. the screen had something on the top but was not able to read. after that i turned the wii off... then i hold reset while powering the wii ON. Now i only get BLANK screen. nothing happens.... is my wii bricked?. is there any way to fix it?
are you making multiple accounts to try getting an answer? I dont use Bootmii so I cant help

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried formatting my sd card, then running shared2clean, but it didn't make a difference. It still says that I am a pirate. Should I try updating using the official update from nintendo, then working backwards?

edit: used the online installation again. this time, i could update to v4.0 using the firmware updater. now i'm on 4.0, but when i try to open the HBC, the screen just goes black and stays like that until i manually turn off the Wii by holding the button on the console.

poseoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, So i have not been keeping up with all these awesome developments on the Wii for at least 6 - 9 months now. Things have progressed so far i'm at a loss. I have tried searching the forums for advise but 6 - 9 months on GBA temp is almost like a millenia in real life, lol. What i'm trying to understand are options available to me. here is my situation. My wii is hardmodded with a v1 WiiKey. I'm on the intial version of 3.4u. I'm running Twilight Hack v2, and i have an early version of the Homebrew Channel installed. I alos have a number of backup WADS. I have no cISO's installed or BootMii, StarFall, or any of that good stuff.

Now i have decided to play my wii again, and get some new games i know it will upgrade to 4.0u. I actually want to move up to 4.0u, get the new shopping channel, and any new good stuff nintentdo have to offer, and possibly switch my wifi back on and play some online games. I dont need to run any softmod homebrew channels or run hdd loader, nor do i need to run DIVX or DVDs. now reviewing the ultimate 4.0 thread, im a little confused. what do I need to do to get up to 4.0 successfully while retaining the ability to run the homebrew channel, install backed up wads, and use the SD channel? im also a little confused over boot mii, and preloader, do i ned to install both, or just one, and i assume that i install them before any type of upgrade is done?

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-Grosso said:
I tried formatting my sd card, then running shared2clean, but it didn't make a difference. It still says that I am a pirate. Should I try updating using the official update from nintendo, then working backwards?

edit: used the online installation again. this time, i could update to v4.0 using the firmware updater. now i'm on 4.0, but when i try to open the HBC, the screen just goes black and stays like that until i manually turn off the Wii by holding the button on the console.

I'm getting the same error. Followed the online installation steps perfectly, 4.0 installed, but HBC doesn't load.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
xshoyz said:
El-Grosso said:

I'm getting the same error. Followed the online installation steps perfectly, 4.0 installed, but HBC doesn't load.

I just sorted it. Reinstall the HBC using bannerbomb. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155844

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
El-Grosso said:
used the online installation again. this time, i could update to v4.0 using the firmware updater. now i'm on 4.0, but when i try to open the HBC, the screen just goes black and stays like that until i manually turn off the Wii by holding the button on the console.
reinstall HBC. Bootmii sucks

QUOTE(poseoff @ Jun 6 2009, 09:19 PM) My wii is hardmodded with a v1 WiiKey. I'm on the intial version of 3.4u. I'm running Twilight Hack v2, and i have an early version of the Homebrew Channel installed. I alos have a number of backup WADS. I have no cISO's installed or BootMii, StarFall, or any of that good stuff.

what do I need to do to get up to 4.0 successfully while retaining the ability to run the homebrew channel, install backed up wads, and use the SD channel? im also a little confused over boot mii, and preloader, do i ned to install both, or just one, and i assume that i install them before any type of upgrade is done?
bootmii is not mentioned in the guide i do not use it or support it. preloader is an excellent tool for preventing bricks. just install the latest cIOS by waninkoko and try the online guide

poseoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
assassda said:
poseoff said:
My wii is hardmodded with a v1 WiiKey. I'm on the intial version of 3.4u. I'm running Twilight Hack v2, and i have an early version of the Homebrew Channel installed. I alos have a number of backup WADS. I have no cISO's installed or BootMii, StarFall, or any of that good stuff.

what do I need to do to get up to 4.0 successfully while retaining the ability to run the homebrew channel, install backed up wads, and use the SD channel? im also a little confused over boot mii, and preloader, do i ned to install both, or just one, and i assume that i install them before any type of upgrade is done?
bootmii is not mentioned in the guide i do not use it or support it. preloader is an excellent tool for preventing bricks. just install the latest cIOS by waninkoko and try the online guide
Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated. 2 more questions before i get started. 1st are waninkokos cISO cumulative updates, or are they dependant on prior installs of cISO's. 2nd why would you recommend preloader over BootMii?

pachanga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
pachanga said:
on step 4 of the offline method: my wii freezes everytime i go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card. if i restart the wii and don't go back to that menu my system is normal. i can access every other part of the menu system.
frown.gif

i have a virgin wii with firmware version 2.2u.
format your SD card and try again. also bannerbomb might not work on 2.2, try upgrading first to 3.2 or 4.0

oh i see. i bet it's the 2.2u not being compatible with bannerbomb as i have already tried reformatting my sd card multiple times. thanks for the reply.
biggrin.gif

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@assassda: Just used the online package and went to 4.0E from 3.2E. Just want to let you know everything went ok
biggrin.gif

Thanks for this awesome package and the clear and simple instructions
cool.gif

Z0rg

Trophies
XP
Country
Was wondering if someone could clarify step 1) for me please

1) Install cIOS36 rev13 using Network install mode

When you launch step 1 from the HBC, you are prompted to choose and IOS file. There are few to choose from. Which is the one you choose? Or does it not matter?

Also, once the wii has been updated to 4.0 using this guide, if you have done a step wrong can you go back to step 1 and go through all the steps again? Is it possible to use the software to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.2 back to 4.0?

bell30655

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first post in this thread works perfectly if you follow the instructions exactly! I was messing with stuff above my level and my Wii lost its menu system. Which is not a real problem for me because I use the Homebrew Channel to load games anyway but I have a six year old that would not understand why she could no longer play on the Mii Channel... I needed that file system back.

I downloaded and followed the directions, skeptical at first but then overcome with glee as it continued to fall into place. Many thanks to the OP for this one.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
poseoff said:
Thanks for the reply, its much appreciated. 2 more questions before i get started. 1st are waninkokos cISO cumulative updates, or are they dependant on prior installs of cISO's. 2nd why would you recommend preloader over BootMii?
1. you only need to install the latest version.
2. Bootmii is just new so I havent needed to install it, I realize its safer than preloader but everyone in this thread also says it causes problems. If you choose to install Bootmii install it to boot2 because the IOS version only offers the same protection as preloader. and you may need to reinstall HBC and other things after upgrading.

bewitched: youre welcome
smile.gif

QUOTE(Z0rg @ Jun 7 2009, 05:54 AM) Was wondering if someone could clarify step 1) for me please

1) Install cIOS36 rev13 using Network install mode

When you launch step 1 from the HBC, you are prompted to choose and IOS file. There are few to choose from. Which is the one you choose? Or does it not matter?

Also, once the wii has been updated to 4.0 using this guide, if you have done a step wrong can you go back to step 1 and go through all the steps again? Is it possible to use the software to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.2 back to 4.0?
the standard is IOS249. you can choose another IOS but 249 is the most commonly used
you can always start the guide over from the beginning and yes you can install any menu version with IOS-Downgrader and cIOS-Downgrader

bell30655: im glad it worked for you
smileipb2.png

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys.

This isn't really an issue with me, but after updating to 4.0, my Wii's disc channel started being able to detect my burned games. I use the backup loaders for my burned games regardless, but is the regular Disc Channel supposed to be able to detect the burned games like that? :wtf:

Again, its not an issue, just curious. I haven't done anything to make the Wii be able to play burned discs in the regular Disc Channel, just wondering why it randomly decided to detect them in there.

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just trying to run cmdvdx35 to figure out what it is. I get it seems like you are a pirate. I tried formatting my sd card and only putting the .dol file for cmdvdx35 and running shared2clean but it did nothing for me.

cseru1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the first step of this, with network installation, and while installing I got a "ret = -2011" error. Can someone help? Much appreciated! What exactly does it mean?

wangchuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a noobish question. I have a 4.0u Wii and I just installed HBC using Bannerbomb. I want to use this guide but I don't fit this perquisite: "cIOS installed or system menu 3.4 or lower".

How do I install cIOS so I can continue with this guide?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inferno: nitpicking

Kuragari Ryo said:
This isn't really an issue with me, but after updating to 4.0, my Wii's disc channel started being able to detect my burned games. I use the backup loaders for my burned games regardless, but is the regular Disc Channel supposed to be able to detect the burned games like that? :wtf:
cios60 will show burned games in the disc channel but they will not load without cioscorp

Slashmolder said:
I'm just trying to run cmdvdx35 to figure out what it is. I get it seems like you are a pirate. I tried formatting my sd card and only putting the .dol file for cmdvdx35 and running shared2clean but it did nothing for me.
1. run shared2clean
2. format sd card
3. put only cmdvdx on the sd card
if that doesnt work you may need to uninstall WADs or format wii system memory
try the online guide

cseru1 said:
I did the first step of this, with network installation, and while installing I got a "ret = -2011" error. Can someone help? Much appreciated! What exactly does it mean?
check your internet connection. clear your settings and reset them. remember you can only use wifi

QUOTE(wangchuck @ Jun 7 2009, 06:53 PM)
I have a noobish question. I have a 4.0u Wii and I just installed HBC using Bannerbomb. I want to use this guide but I don't fit this perquisite: "cIOS installed or system menu 3.4 or lower".

How do I install cIOS so I can continue with this guide?
try the cIOS installer
rolleyes.gif

if that doesnt work use the offline guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1