OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Someone PLEASE help. I have tried upgrading 4 times, and everything works fine without fail, but EVERY TIME I try to click the SD menu it freezes. Is there any step that I might have missed that would help with this?!
remove your sd card.... if it still freezes try an official nintendo update see if that works then run the guide again

jassyiron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda,

i have a 3.4U with HBC and Gecko running. My goal is to have the regional check bypass for my tatsunoko vs capcom wii game i imported from japan, and it's running fine.

I tried one of the usb loader and it's working fine, but that was just for curiosity's sake.

I now want to upgrade to 4.0. I don't mind losing all other functions except a way to bypass the region check (I'll hold on to playing the japanese version of tatsunoko vs capcom until the US version is released).

I'll be trying the guide on the first page and see how it goes.

I do have a few questions before i start:

1) Can i add BootMii prior to the steps in the guide?
2) What happens when i do a Format system memory in the Wii console? Does it "virginizes" it back?
3) If i do add BootMii to boot2, would preloader clash with it? Will preloader be redundant then?

Appreciate your expert advice.

Thanks

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE said:
1) Can i add BootMii prior to the steps in the guide?

You should add BootMii prior this guide - because doing this your wii will be brick proof during the whole process.
I was on 3.1E and used BannerBomb in conjunction with Hackmii Installer v.0.2.
After this I got BootMii and HBC installed. Then I did a NAND backup to my SD card to be on the save side.
After completing this I followed the guide.....

QUOTE said:
2) What happens when i do a Format system memory in the Wii console? Does it "virginizes" it back?

It should but I don't have heard anything good about it - why do you want to do it?

3) If i do add BootMii to boot2, would preloader clash with it? Will preloader be redundant then?

Preloader and BootMii coexist together without any probs.

marioxb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrickyTony said:
Someone PLEASE help. I have tried upgrading 4 times, and everything works fine without fail, but EVERY TIME I try to click the SD menu it freezes. Is there any step that I might have missed that would help with this?!

Delete your "private" folder with bannerbomb in it, and restore your original "private" folder. The SD menu will not work if you have banner bomb on your SD.

assassdai think its safe to update only the shop channel from nintendo

Sorta safe. Like I said, upgrading thru Nintendo broke a few features, such as the filesystem dumper and any region changer. Starting the "safe" upgrade over from step 1 fixed everything.

If anyone else is having trouble accessing the shop, I have a WAD of the current shop channel. Not sure if it's allowed to be posted here.

markmarkmark09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I run Wad Manager, it freezes after I select an IOS. I cannot get passed this step because of this issue. Can somebody please help me with that?

jassyiron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti,

thanks for the answers.

i was thinking of virginizing it back when Tatsu vs Capcom comes out as a US version, and i'll have no real need. Maybe that's a crazy thought for now.

I'll go ahead and start doing the upgrade now.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
markmarkmark09 said:
Everytime I run Wad Manager, it freezes after I select an IOS. I cannot get passed this step because of this issue. Can somebody please help me with that?
is your serial number LU64+?

QUOTE(aquadirt @ May 31 2009, 07:04 PM) When I try to do the 4.0 update part, it tells me 4.0 update failed. Why would that be?
check your internet connection

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the steps for the online update from 3.2 to 4.0.
Everything went well, but I get to the step after the update to 4.0 ran, now i go to run the homebrew channel and I get nothing but a black screen.

Now I can't get to step 5 to run the IOS60 updater.

Btw, all other homebrew installed as Wads work. USB loader, emus, everything but the homebrew channel.

Edit: Fixed the issue by reinstalling HBC via bannerbomb and bootmii.
Finished the install, everything is working fine, except for the fact that preloader doesnt have sdhc support.
is it open source? has anyone compiled with with later libogc for sdhc support??

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hartleyshc said:
So I followed the steps for the online update from 3.2 to 4.0.
Everything went well, but I get to the step after the update to 4.0 ran, now i go to run the homebrew channel and I get nothing but a black screen.

Now I can't get to step 5 to run the IOS60 updater.

Btw, all other homebrew installed as Wads work. USB loader, emus, everything but the homebrew channel.
you must have installed the homebrew channel using Bootmii... reinstalling HBC will fix this
the new version of the HBC runs on IOS60 instead of IOS30 and causes problems when you update

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
you must have installed the homebrew channel using Bootmii... reinstalling HBC will fix this
the new version of the HBC runs on IOS60 instead of IOS30 and causes problems when you update

thanks for the reply.
yeah i updated the hbc just a few days ago, and when i updated from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 it used the bootmii interface.
as i said in my edit before, I just used bannerbomb to reinstall bootmii and its working fine now.

markmarkmark09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
QUOTE(markmarkmark09 @ May 31 2009, 01:19 PM) Everytime I run Wad Manager, it freezes after I select an IOS. I cannot get passed this step because of this issue. Can somebody please help me with that?

yes. what does that mean for me?

jassyiron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to say that i've updated everything and everything is running fine! 8)

I just have one last question on the preloader.

The guide mentions about disabling the disc update checks, but i do not see that option.

I found some references online to a hacks.ini that allow for that setting to appear, but the hacks.ini file isn't in the online upgrade.zip file in the guide.

I saw a cached post on google that it's supposed to be this:

[Skip disc update check]
version=289
offset=0x813791A0
value=0x60000000

to be included into a plain text hacks.ini file

Is that correct, or did i miss something?

Thanks for all the great info and assistance!

Edit: Nvm... the hacks.ini have to be on the root of the sd card! stupid noob error.

Thanks again

troupe20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after of hours of reading I am stuck. I am trying to get my friend wii going with backup loader channel but the problem is he installed the hbc and bootmii but then got decided to format his memory after an update via nintendo fail with about 20% left. he then fully updated the wii to 4.0 through nintendo and that is where I took over. I have installed the homebrew channel using bb and I then bootmii to boot2 and backed up his nand. MY situation doesn't really fit the guide so I am not sure what to do next. Pretty much everything I have tried to install from this point has failed. Does anyone have clue what I should do next?

Ferrari7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, GREAT guide, this helped me very much! So, thanks for your time and work.

Over at SoftMii, I saw they posted a cIOS38 rev13. Is it safe to replace that with the one in your tutorial: cIOS36 rev10? If so, how should I go about upgrading my Wii to these latest cIOS?

Also, are you going to be providing updates to your tutorial for those, like myself, who see these updates but aren't sure if/how we should go about updating our Wii to the latest updates.

Thanks.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
markmarkmark09 said:

yes. what does that mean for me?
theres giant red text in the first post
rolleyes.gif

read people! and read the friggin FAQ too

troupe20 said:
So after of hours of reading I am stuck. I am trying to get my friend wii going with backup loader channel but the problem is he installed the hbc and bootmii but then got decided to format his memory after an update via nintendo fail with about 20% left. he then fully updated the wii to 4.0 through nintendo and that is where I took over. I have installed the homebrew channel using bb and I then bootmii to boot2 and backed up his nand. MY situation doesn't really fit the guide so I am not sure what to do next. Pretty much everything I have tried to install from this point has failed. Does anyone have clue what I should do next?
I dont understand your question, you lost me. try online and offline methods. are you LU64+?

QUOTE(Ferrari7 @ Jun 2 2009, 08:11 PM)
First off, GREAT guide, this helped me very much! So, thanks for your time and work.

I saw they posted a cIOS38 rev13. Is it safe to replace that with the one in your tutorial: cIOS36 rev10? If so, how should I go about upgrading my Wii to these latest cIOS?

Also, are you going to be providing updates to your tutorial for those, like myself, who see these updates but aren't sure if/how we should go about updating our Wii to the latest updates.

Thanks.
you can install new cios at any time. I update the guide often and ill put the new cios in now

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I noticed on all the 4.0 guides I've seen, they all require cIOS Rev 10 or higher... is it possible to have cIOS Rev 9 and still get 4.0 working perfectly fine?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jeomite said:
I noticed on all the 4.0 guides I've seen, they all require cIOS Rev 10 or higher... is it possible to have cIOS Rev 9 and still get 4.0 working perfectly fine?
yupp Ive tested with 9 before

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
goku1980 said:
Originals are loading but backups still give me error 324 any way to fix it
you need to be more specific... 4.0U? CIOSCORP? Backup Loader?
try installing the latest cIOS and use NeoGamma Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries