OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
Think you can elaborate more on that? Or the Preloader in general?
preloader setting -> auto boot: system menu

if youd just look its not hard. i cant provide guides for every individual program

QUOTEIs there a way to get a custom Health screen for 4.0 yet? If this has been answered, sorry, but I can't find it right now...

i dont think so wait for softmii to be released

SephiranX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! It seems like I'm having trouble with Preloader 0.29. I've followed every step and I installed Preloader 0.29. On my System 4.0, it does not detect any of my hacks ini. I installed IOS 60, meaning patching and instaliing , saying no to instaliing IOS 61 and the shopping channeling. You think you can help me.

SephiranX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
Installing with this, will have the issue that you don't have the upgraded read/write speed in SD that 3.4 offer?
What do u mean by upgraded read/write speed? Is this a new feature to 3.4? I have Kingston 2 GB SD card
Btw.. My Wii is bricked when this happens. But i reinstalled system menu 3.2 with the downgrader and followed the same steps and got my wii back to 4.0

dazzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iam having some issues that I need sorted out got through the teething phase with the instalations etc and now i have backups in 4.0e loading with 0.3 Gamma I have also installed all the CIOScorp wads from the softmii pack and cios60hk ive also had that system menu corrupt scareat the end of this like usual and everything works fine but whenever i insert a disc into the drive even originals and backups it reads the backups in disc channel but it always wants a system update I had this issue before trying to get the gameucbe loader working when i removed a certain file could someone please tell me what is needed to override this "Wii update" thing everytime i go into disc channel as i really am not fond of upgradeing from a E system to a U firmware everyone knows what happends
wink.gif

And is there any guide or a way out there that i can put Wii shop channel games like Virtual console wads and play them with the new SD card feature and not install them to the wii its self?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SephiranX said:
TyRaNtM said:
Installing with this, will have the issue that you don't have the upgraded read/write speed in SD that 3.4 offer?
What do u mean by upgraded read/write speed? Is this a new feature to 3.4? I have Kingston 2 GB SD card
Btw.. My Wii is bricked when this happens. But i reinstalled system menu 3.2 with the downgrader and followed the same steps and got my wii back to 4.0

The thing that i said before: 3.4 have a feature that, for example, you can copy a VC/WW or Channel to SD very fast, only taking seconds and not minutes like 3.3v2 and older versions.
I read in other forums that the SD speed with Waninkoko 4.0 updater is the same that 3.2 (curiously the same version that you need to downgrade), and this is one of the important things that you want to update to 4.0, for SD Channel.
Also, nobody confirms if SDHC compatibility works with this updater.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work fine; you're basically patching the normal 4.0 files. And I don't recall anything about increased speed on 3.4. If it was there, it never worked for me.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dazzi said:
Iam having some issues that I need sorted out got through the teething phase with the instalations etc and now i have backups in 4.0e loading with 0.3 Gamma I have also installed all the CIOScorp wads from the softmii pack and cios60hk ive also had that system menu corrupt scareat the end of this like usual and everything works fine but whenever i insert a disc into the drive even originals and backups it reads the backups in disc channel but it always wants a system update I had this issue before trying to get the gameucbe loader working when i removed a certain file could someone please tell me what is needed to override this "Wii update" thing everytime i go into disc channel as i really am not fond of upgradeing from a E system to a U firmware everyone knows what happends
wink.gif

And is there any guide or a way out there that i can put Wii shop channel games like Virtual console wads and play them with the new SD card feature and not install them to the wii its self?
turn on update blocker in preloader

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've followed the guide but nothing works. (I think)

I followed every step. I was previously running on 3.3u, then I tried installing cios36 (I swear I don't understand half this cios stuff). That only ended in an error. I thought wth, so I tried the next step (installing the downgrade), that also ended in an error, so again thought wth (I checked my sys menu version still said 3.3u). I tried the next step anyways, installing the 4.0 update. That worked fine. Then I tried installing er patching cios60 thingy, that didn't work (that also ended in an error). I tried installing the preloader mentioned in the guide (I thought brick protection would be nice). That didn't work, just gave me some error about cios36 and fakesigning.

When I went back to wii menu everything from the 4.0u update was there. That's it however. I tried the wad manager 1.3 as I had a wad I wanted to install. That didn't work however. I tried reformatting my 1gb sandisk sdcard (plain not a wii one) with the panny app. That didn't help the installs sill ended in error.

I made sure I had the latest HBC, I also made sure my system had plenty of free space and also I made sure I had no gamecube memory cards plugged in.

Anyone have ideas?

Also could any one link me to a guide or something as to how I install and run custom (or downloaded, excuse me if asking this is a no no) wiiware / vc games / apps off an sd card?

EDIT - I should add that my continuing despite getting errors probably wasn't a smart move and you may all lol. Anyways I should add that I can boot to the wii menu fine and I should also point out that I do have a wiikey installed.

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the future, if something doesn't work right and you have no clue what you are doing... don't go to the next step anyway. I'll let someone else tell you the bad news.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the excellent guide!! I finally upgraded my Wii from 3.2 now *YAY*

Easy to follow. Fool Proof. Gracias.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
I tried installing cios36
I tried the next step anyways, installing the 4.0 update
if you are on 4.0 without cIOS there is currently no way to downgrade, sorry youll have to wait for a new cIOS version

Zidapi said:
Thanks for the excellent guide!! I finally upgraded my Wii from 3.2 now *YAY*

Easy to follow. Fool Proof. Gracias.
Thank you. Thats what I was aiming for
grog.gif

Ive 4.0 and HBC.

I get errors when I try to install cIOS
do not upgrade without installing cIOS first.

a) Check your internet settings
b) use AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS249
c) make sure you are selecting network install

If doing both of those things still doesnt fix it you can find IOS36.wad (from an ISO or online dont ask where)
and use that for WAD Install mode

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, but might I point one thing out. When I load up the HBC it says in the top right corner, "ios36 v12.18" along with the version 1.0.1 for HBC. I assume even with this though, I'm still SOL.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated the cIOS36 part of the guide to use WAD install since people are having issues with Network Install

Network Install will still work if you prefer that method

kaik541

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 4 GB SD card (not SDHC, I know hard to believe, 4 GB standard SD cards do exist, just not very common. I've used it with homebrew and such that didn't support SDHC and it worked)

Everything works wonderfully, so thank you for this guide.

My only problem is that after installing Preloader I get "hacks.ini can not be found on FAT or NAND" when I have the file in both the root and "preloader .29" folder inside apps.

I also tried a 128 MB SD card and I got an error telling me "error autobooting"

I tried again and when clicking load/install file it says "no executable file found on root of SD card"

and on "Systemmenu hacks" I get an error saying "error reading hacks.ini"

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kaik541 said:
and on "Systemmenu hacks" I get an error saying "error reading hacks.ini"
Format your SD card using FAT16 and try copying the files to it again
any files to install on preloader need to be in the main folder of the SD card and names .DOL

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, by following steps 1-4 of the wii fix guide found on this page, here, I was able to get my wii to a point that I could successfully follow the steps in this 4.0 guide. However I am now having similar issues with being unable to install the preloader.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Following this guide I will be on 4.0 and still be able to do everything homebrew, plus have all the extra features of 4.0 right? Or is this for something else?
Theres another guide on here called "My System menu 4.0 install guide, Retaining all functions and Unofficial Wads from SD"

I'm not sure what one I should be following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1