Not open for further replies.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Another victim like me.. misery loveeesss company..
biggrin.gif

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i think i will try this guide today.
But i am a bit scarred.
Here are so much Guides and all are different.

Also scared about waninkoko´s updater. I heared he bricked a few wii´s.
Well i will try this and report back.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to compltly avoid the system menu corrupt thing just install preloader at the end of everything !

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
I had the exact same problem dazzi, starting from step 2 (downgrader) the downgrader and every other program would crash with "exception (DSI)"
The problem occurs after installing "Custom IOS Installer (v36 rev 09)"
I managed to install everything by removing the CIOS v36 rev09 using the tools needed to install Backup Launcher Gamma, which fixed the other waninkoko programs crashing. since CIOS seemed to be the problem, I started from scratch following this order:

1 - CIOS downgrader
2 - firmware updater 4.0
3 - IOS60 updater
4 - preloader 0.29
5 - CIOS Custom Installer Rev9
Ok so I was stuck at the "initializing network" screen when trying to install updater 4.0 after installing cIOS Custom installer rev9 (NTSC-U Wii at 3.3U softmodded with HBC installed).

What I did was:
- remove IOS 249 (installed by cIOS rev9) using "cIOS_fix.wad",
- installed all of the above in that exact order (downgraded to 3.2U, just fyi and the whole process takes about an hour to dl and install everything so BE PATIENT!),
- and now everything works!! (thanks zorglub07 btw!!)

I can copy to the SD card and back to the Wii memory "unofficial" VC games and WiiWare without any problem.

The only channel I can't access is the Nintendo channel that asks for an update: is it safe to do it or am I better off without?

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im running 3.4E software and have gamma channel installed what do i need to install and in what order to have usb loading and GC/wii loading from disk channel

monkey04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is preloader 0.29 safe for system menu 3.2 because after I installed it evrytime i would open my Wii I would a black screen that says "repairing something" and then it would open to preloader. Is this bad and what should i do to fix it

dazzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well here is my issue i just cant get past this section in the updater here is a screen i have tried and ive got everything installed as in Homebrew running prior to this, im only at 3.2E which is whats needed and im guessing that im getting stuck on downloading not installing? which really makes me think..... anyone please?
05042009065.jpg

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dazzi said:
Well here is my issue i just cant get past this section in the updater here is a screen i have tried and ive got everything installed as in Homebrew running prior to this, im only at 3.2E which is whats needed and im guessing that im getting stuck on downloading not installing? which really makes me think..... anyone please?
05042009065.jpg

try again..it happened to me when i did it, its internet issue

dazzi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering is there any way at the moment to use the SD card feature for back ups of Virtual console games ?

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
dajavax said:
Strangely it worked on my wii but when I did it on my friend's, after the Waninoko's Updater, I get the: "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." With his Starfall not working anymore, so I guess it's bricked. Or do you guys know of some way to solve it? I guess it was just bad luck, but still, beware.
Jay84Jay said:
Hey guys just a heads up

CODE3) Run the 4.0 Updater

4) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

shouldnt it be "run the ios60 updater" THEN "run the 4.0 updater"

because wanikoko's updater doesn't verify ios60 is installed before installing system menu 4.0

so if something goes wrong with the ios60 download, you get a brick

me and zborg from irc were talking about it..

EDIT - You could do step 4 then 3 then 4 again (doing step 4 before 3 acts as a safety precaution) then run 4 one more time.
i'm pretty sure that's what happened with my friend... when i did it in my wii i thought the same as you... "shouldnt it be "run the ios60 updater" THEN "run the 4.0 updater"" so i did it that way... when i did it with my friend... i didn't do that as i saw no one had a problem with that in this thread so why waste time... :S

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just had to downgrade to fix a corrupted 4.0 so thought i would give this a whirl.
kept getting error ret-=116 in ciosdowngrader so installed cios rev8 and it worked seems to be something with the rev9 stopping it.
im too lazy to read the whole thread so thought id just jump in and share my experience incase anyone else has this error.
you can always add rev9 after running the ciosdowngrader
smile.gif

g0del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been attempting to update to 4.0 all night using waninkoko's updater, and it keeps failing during the download. Over and over, in different spots each time, but it always fails. Sometimes it fails downloading ISO38, sometimes while downloading IOS53, and very rarely it makes it all the way to IOS55 before failing, but fail it does, with ERROR! (ret = -10049) as the only explanation. Does anyone have any idea why it hates me so?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jay84Jay said:
Hey guys just a heads up

Code:
3) Run the 4.0 Updater

4) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

shouldnt it be "run the ios60 updater" THEN "run the 4.0 updater"

because wanikoko's updater doesn't verify ios60 is installed before installing system menu 4.0

so if something goes wrong with the ios60 download, you get a brick

me and zborg from irc were talking about it..

EDIT - You could do step 4 then 3 then 4 again (doing step 4 before 3 acts as a safety precaution) then run 4 one more time.

Thats how i did it.

1. Virgin Wii with 3.4U, I installed the IOS16, IOS36 Rev 9, USB2 Loader Beta 3.

2. I tested the gamma channel loader, usb 1.1 loader all was working.

3. Installed IOS60 Patched FreeTheBug

4. Installed Wannikos 4.0 updater - took about 15 minuites via wireless.

Conclusion:

Everything is working, the Gamma Loader Channel, Homebrew, USB1.1 Channel, VC games and I can run them from SD or Wii Channel.

Note: I have read that some are having problems with updating using the usb_Lan adapter so I unplugged mine and updated via wirelessly. I have not reconnected my usb_lan adapter as of yet.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Someone should stress that cioscorp is NOT for chipped Wiis. I installed cioscorp on a 3.2J machine. Followed by which after I put in a game disc, it prompts for an update, even when the update was already removed with wiibrickblocker!

So now, I am attempting to update to 4.0 via the official update. Can anyone tell me if it overwrites all of the damn cioscorp IOSes?

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
porchemasi said:
I cannot install WADManager or install any WADs after following this guide ...!

I get a return -1 error ...

Do you get the error when you select a wad, or when the wad manager goes to list the wads. I have this problem if I use my 4gig micro sd card with adapter, but if I use my 1gig or 2 gig I do not have this problem. This problem only occurs with wad manager, homebrew and the wii itself works with it no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1