Hacking Uloader, Dusting off my Wii

autobot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being mostly stuck indoors now, I thought to get out the Wii and play some games i haven't gotten too. How i had it set up some time back was, I used a external dvd drive to read the burned games i had and then use Uloader to play the games and all worked fine. But coming back to the it i forget some steps i used to do and run into some problems that i was wondering if anyone would help with. One being is i found a few iso and burned them with imgburn but once i load up uloader, it finds the title of the game but when i go to play game it just doesnt load and stuck on the screen with the spinning disc. But finding games in wbfs format and then converting it to iso and burn that, the game then works fine. What am i missing that straight iso burned doesnt work but from wbfs to iso burned works fine.
Id thought to use usb loader gx but doesnt seem to find my external dvd reader. I thought i read it can read from external dvd drives but maybe i read wrong or doing something wrong. Id rather play from DVD then use a flash drive, just the way i prefer
I feel that since its been years since i used the Wii that maybe i should just system format and start all over from scratch. If do go that way what would be the best method to play burned games from external DVD drive?

Thanks for your time

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Being mostly stuck indoors now, I thought to get out the Wii and play some games i haven't gotten too. How i had it set up some time back was, I used a external dvd drive to read the burned games i had and then use Uloader to play the games and all worked fine. But coming back to the it i forget some steps i used to do and run into some problems that i was wondering if anyone would help with. One being is i found a few iso and burned them with imgburn but once i load up uloader, it finds the title of the game but when i go to play game it just doesnt load and stuck on the screen with the spinning disc. But finding games in wbfs format and then converting it to iso and burn that, the game then works fine. What am i missing that straight iso burned doesnt work but from wbfs to iso burned works fine.
Id thought to use usb loader gx but doesnt seem to find my external dvd reader. I thought i read it can read from external dvd drives but maybe i read wrong or doing something wrong. Id rather play from DVD then use a flash drive, just the way i prefer
I feel that since its been years since i used the Wii that maybe i should just system format and start all over from scratch. If do go that way what would be the best method to play burned games from external DVD drive?

Thanks for your time

Hello,

Get a FAT 32 external hard drive and you'll be fine.

Maybe update your wii hack ??

If you wish, you can post a syscheck report, by following this guide ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

then you will be told what to update.

read burnt DVDs, prematurely wear out the lens:angry:

Last edited by jeannotte,

autobot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info,

Yeah looks like i will have to get a budget hard drive and load some games on it, seems my external DVD drive and uloader are not playing well together anymore. Not sure if the drive went bad or something else, strange it was working 100% fine before, but now it doesnt seem find the drive half the time.

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info,

Yeah looks like i will have to get a budget hard drive and load some games on it, seems my external DVD drive and uloader are not playing well together anymore. Not sure if the drive went bad or something else, strange it was working 100% fine before, but now it doesnt seem find the drive half the time.
Uloader uses the WBFS format, this format has become obsolete because a corrupted game can corrupt the entire hard drive.

Prefer to use one of these three loaders with the format of your hard drive in FAT 32:
Wiiflow
Configurable loader v70
usb loader gx

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo