Homebrew ULGX error: Verify WUP files are correct DLC/E-shop require sig patch

daddie05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep receiving the error about the DLC/e-shop require sig patch when attempting to install ULGX on the Wii U main menu in order to launch my GameCube/Wii games directly from the Wii u menu. Let me know if everything looks good with my folders on my sd card. Thanks
script>

Last edited by daddie05,

daddie05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you on cbhc? I see that folder on your sd card. what's in the install folder? that error means that you don't have sig patches installed or enabled if not using cbhc.
Here's my install folder. I don't have cold boot enabled. Is it mandatory to enable cbhc?

Last edited by daddie05,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, not mandatory. I figured you didn't have it installed, since you're receiving that error. are you using haxchi or cfw?

daddie05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, not mandatory. I figured you didn't have it installed, since you're receiving that error. are you using haxchi or cfw?

that's strange. it could be the version you're trying to install. where did you get that forwarder from?
by forwarder, you're talking about the ulgx launcher in the install folder, right? I followed a youtube tutorial that went very well up until this point. There was a direct download link in the description below the video. It was basically a copy and paste to the fat 32 formatted sd card. everything was where it was supposed to be.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

daddie05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am booting into homebrew directly from haxchi by holding “a”. I’m already in bed so I’ll check the text file in the morning and get back to you. Thanks for the assistance. [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to suggest trying to boot into the sysmenu first, then try to boot into the homebrew launcher. I'm off to bed as well, so let me know if that works.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to boot unofficial channels (homebrew created channels or pirated wiiu games), or to install such channels with bad signatures, you need CFW patches on your system.

To get these CFW patches there are two big methods with haxchi:
1. You tell haxchi to patch the firmware to get signature patches. THEN, you launch haxchi gain but this time to go into HBL and run your WUP installer app.
or
2. you tell hachi to launch HBL. From HBL you run a CFW patcher FIRST. then once you have signature patches, you can run WUP installer app.
(there are different cfw patchers launched from HBL, but I recommend you use haxchi first method instead)

you are missing the "cfw patching" step.
once your channel is installed, you'll have to do that step every time you'll want to launch the channel too !

Holding A in haxchi runs HBL?
the guide made you change the default config then. (a was initially for fw.img, B for CFW patching, no button for HBL)
Code:
a=fw.img
b=sysmenu
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

what I recommend is to first use the action attached to "sysmenu", based on YOUR config.txt
it's probably attached to "default" which means run haxchi once without pressing any button, it'll reboot the console and patch the firmware. Once returned to system menu, you are now in CFW until you run vWii mode or shutdown the console. you can now run haxchi again with your button pressed to access HBL and install the channel.

Attention 1 :
Do not run haxchi to go to HBL multiple times.
if you go to HBL once until you reboot or exit vWii, next time you want HBL run MiiMaker to go to HBL again.
if you run Haxchi -> HBL a second time, it'll freeze/crash the wiiu.

Attention 2 :
Godreborn gave you a forwarder for vWii mode !
it actually requires vWii being hacked, with HBC installed, and with USBLoaderGX forwarder on vWii installed too !

It'll do this :
WiiU -> vWii > UNEO (the usbgx forwarder channel on vWii) > SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

Exiting the game will return to vWii mode UNEO forwarder and return to the USBLoader interface automatically.
exiting vWii mode to WiiU will "remove" the CFW patches on WiiU !

But vWii mode let you play Wii games, which is apparently what you asked :)

If you create a "WiiU mode forwarder" (not vwii mode) then you can't share that channel here because it's illegal.
plus, it'll not work with USB at all, you'll be stuck with Nintendont and Gamecube games on SD only.
but, you'll have "playing on WiiU gamepad" support.

Don't mistake both forwarder type :

WiiU mode:
Created using "teconmoon Wii VC injector" tool on your computer. (or you found an illegal link)
You need CFW patched sysmenu to launch the channel
WiiU > channel > sd:/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
gamepad support
NO USB support
exiting the game is still in WiiU Mode, you still have CFW already patched.

vWii mode:
existing channel, provided by godreborn above. legal to share.
You need CFW patched sysmenu to launch the channel
WiiU > channel > vWii mode > UNEO forwarder required to be installed on vWii > sd:/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
no gamepad support
Wii games on USB support
exiting the game is still in vWii mode, and return to USBGX interface to launch another game.
exiting vWii mode to WiiU will require new CFW patching from haxchi to launch another "non official channel".

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work