UK E-Shop cards

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Weaselpipe, Jun 17, 2011.

Jun 17, 2011

UK E-Shop cards by Weaselpipe at 4:36 PM (1,583 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Weaselpipe
    OP

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    So I went into GAME to see if I could hit their store 3ds for a second streetpass in an hour (I couldn't) and one of the friendly/annoying staff asked/bothered me about what I wanted.

I asked when the 3DS E-Shop cards were rolling out and was told that there was no official UK date as yet, but Nintendo told them last week that 'the official line' is that Nintendo points cards will now work in the E-Shop after the latest upgrade. I explained that I had heard nothing of the sort from any of the fanboy or official sites, and they claimed none of them had tried it but that is what a Nintendo rep told them.

Has anyone heard of this? Or is it Nintendo/GAME trying to get us to spend money unnecessarily?

2. benno300

Member benno300 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I think he lied I thought they changed the pointscard into moneycards so you can't use points on 3ds!

3. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Erhmm, I havent heard or read anything regarding this anywhere.
    He was probably trying to sell you Nintendo Points card lol.

4. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    he just lied
    they changed everything into money

5. Weaselpipe
    OP

United Kingdom
    I thought so too, he actually called the manager out and he claimed that 'as long as you're registered with club Nintendo it will work'. I said I didn't see how that was possible, especially as Club Nintendo only just re-appeared from being offline for a fortnight.

They were surprised to learn of that, shows what they know

6. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    They dont know any SHIT to be honest -.-.
    Today, the guy at GAME was trying to sell the OoT gameguide, claiming its not the same as the 64 Version. I was like yeah, masterquest has been added. Then he goes completely redesigned dungeons and you might need the guide bla bla :/
    The other day, another guy was saying Australian get US games, they dont have anything of their own region lol.

7. Weaselpipe
    OP

United Kingdom
    I bought OoT at Tesco anyway as I was in there before I went to GAME (they may be a big evil corporate powerhouse but they have never pretended to know about games- unlike GAME).

I thought they were lying, they told me I wouldn't find Dead or Alive cheaper anywhere else and Tesco, HMV and PC world all undercut them massively.

I had to point out that the new release of Mario Strikers Charged football was priced a pound cheaper than a battered second hand copy. Idiots

8. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Nope. No such thing has been said. Only 3DS money cards work.

He was trying to rip your ass off. I am glad you were smart enough not to fall for it...

I am pissed that they would take advantage of people like that.Unless he didn't know, which in that case he's incompetent and I need to take his job.

9. subcon959

Member subcon959 teh retro

United Kingdom
    I'm not a big fan of GAME stores anymore. Something happened around the mid 90's and they all went to shit.

10. Weaselpipe
    OP

United Kingdom
    I know what you mean, as soon as CEX came along GAME stopped caring (I for one have never been a fan of CEX due to our local one insisting on blaring out Limp Bizkit and the Deftones, being staffed by arrogant 30 something metalheads who will audibly laugh if you ask them anything that they know, and having a customer base with an average age of 14 who just stand in there glowering at you if you try to look past them at some games).
    GAME were great when there was no competition- there were 2 round here once, one for second hand games and one for new- they closed the second hand one due to CEX and Gamestation, bought out Gamestation, closed it and run one tiny useless shop that overcharges for everything

11. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    They got their wires crossed.
    What Nintendo said was:
    Nintendo Wii and DSi owners will be able to use Nintendo Cash Cards in their Wii or DSi shop when the cards become available.
    Which will be early July or late June.