Ubisoft to EA: Y u so mad?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ubisoft has confidence (and really, who shouldn't? If you honestly believe Nintendo is in serious trouble, the WiiU will fail and Nintendo will go software only, slap yourself in the face with a fish dick) that the WiiU will turn itself around.

A week after a Senior Engineer for EA Sports (lol) has tweeted (and deleted) that the WiiU is crap and Nintendo is "Walking Dead", Ubisoft has stated:

"As with any new console, it takes some time to grow an established base. Ubisoft has a varied and high-quality line-up for Wii U, with more big titles on the way including Rayman Legends, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and Splinter Cell Blacklist. We're confident that this will help in continuing to attract gamers to the Wii U system and that Nintendo will take steps to ensure that the Wii U is successful in the market."

And you know what, they're right. You can't complain about a lack of fan base for a console, when you're not giving the fans any reason to flock to the system to buy your game. While Ubisoft does dumb things (Like treat Patrice Beardo like shit), they are really giving the WiiU some great top of the line content. So it's hard to hate them, and Capcom is slowly doing it too.

I expect this interview to never be posted on Kotaku

Source

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you honestly believe Nintendo is in serious trouble, the WiiU will fail and Nintendo will go software only
Goodness, no. Only one of those things is true. The other two are just plain silly.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
capcom is supporting, ubisoft is supporting, platinum games is supporting even sega and square are supporting the wii u, EA are probably the only ones that are like "lol nintendo is doomed" which is sad because we did get good games from EA on the past on nintendo consoles

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what if Ubisoft said "We're not developing for the WiiU"?
"So? Assassin's Creed III sucked on the WiiU, and Rayman is a worse platformer than Mario." - Nintendo fans

THIS thread is a clear example of doublethinking (See George Orwell's 1984). What makes Ubisoft more improtant than EA, software-centric or financially? I would argue it's the other way around, yet Nintendo fans are so quick to dismiss EA as worthless for the WiiU.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"So? Assassin's Creed III sucked on the WiiU, and Rayman is a worse platformer than Mario." - Nintendo fans

THIS thread is a clear example of doublethinking (See George Orwell's 1984). What makes Ubisoft more improtant than EA, software-centric or financially? I would argue it's the other way around, yet Nintendo fans are so quick to dismiss EA as worthless for the WiiU.

Jesus, because EA didn't care for the WiiU from the get go. They released half assed ports, none of their upcoming games are coming for it, and they made terrible decisions (ie mass effect). Ubisoft actually developed something new for the WiiU (ZombiU) and is bringing out their big games for it. Also, Assassin's Creed 3 was shit to begin with anyways. I played it on the PS3, I can't believe Ubisoft released that mess.

Ubisoft also has a better range of games reaching across different genres that all feel unique and fun. EA has the sports games that haven't changed since 2006, Dead Space which turned into a Gears-esque type game, Battlefield, and... what?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They actually said the opposite and have Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed IV: Pirate's Booty coming for it.

But hey it's good to know we're ready to jump down the throats if we need to.

EDIT: Also holy fuck using George Orwell's novel on dystopic, totalitarian society to discuss the gaming industry is absolutely hilarious. OH NO MY GAMES THIS IS EQUIVALENT TO OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT GUYS.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that we care so much of Ubisoft's third party support, when nearly all wii u arguments have cried about it only needing its first party titles.
I find it funny that people who say FUCK EA I DON'T PLAY THEIR GAMES, aren't spewing the same thing about these Ubisoft games.
Eat some starbursts Gbatemp, you're becoming a roaring contradiction.

Reactions: Disorarara

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus, because EA didn't care for the WiiU from the get go. They released half assed ports, none of their upcoming games are coming for it, and they made terrible decisions (ie mass effect). Ubisoft actually developed something new for the WiiU (ZombiU) and is bringing out their big games for it. Also, Assassin's Creed 3 was shit to begin with anyways. I played it on the PS3, I can't believe Ubisoft released that mess.

Ubisoft also has a better range of games reaching across different genres that all feel unique and fun. EA has the sports games that haven't changed since 2006, Dead Space which turned into a Gears-esque type game, Battlefield, and... what?

Explain to me how Mass Effect is a terrible decision? Unless you're talking about them porting it to the Wii U in which case... eh? It'd be stupid to buy the game on any console where you can't play the previous two honestly.

Also explain how Dead Space is anything like Gears of War because like the only difference they share is shooting things in the third person. Gameplay is different, tone is different, story is different.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Explain to me how Mass Effect is a terrible decision? Unless you're talking about them porting it to the Wii U in which case... eh? It'd be stupid to buy the game on any console where you can't play the previous two honestly.

Also explain how Dead Space is anything like Gears of War because like the only difference they share is shooting things in the third person. Gameplay is different, tone is different, story is different.
I think the terrible decision was ME3 for WiiU and ME Trilogy for all other consoles, same price. At least IMO.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly extremely confused as to why EA is making such strange and grandiose claims about why the WiiU is bad. If I recall correctly, didn't they recently say that the WiiU struggled to run a port of the Frostbite 2 engine, and that they weren't even going to bother trying anything with Frostbite 3 because of it?

I don't know the specifics, obviously, but that just seems like they didn't try very hard at all. My understanding is that the WiiU is similar to the PS3 and Xbox 360 in terms of power, and Frostbite 2 ran on those devices just fine. And aren't they getting Frostbite 3 games later this year? Very strange.

I could understand it if EA were taking the same route as a number of other developers and saying that they weren't going to look into anything on the WiiU until it got more market penetration, but saying that it's uselessly underpowered? Odd.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
EDIT: Also holy fuck using George Orwell's novel on dystopic, totalitarian society to discuss the gaming industry is absolutely hilarious. OH NO MY GAMES THIS IS EQUIVALENT TO OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT GUYS.

No the double think analogy actually fits perfectly well to describe peoples see sawing, bi-polar, reactionary posting here lately, I have used it myself multiple times even.

Now:

WE ARE AT WAR WITH EASTASIA ELECTRONIC ARTS, WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EASTASIA ELECTRONIC ARTS, EAURASIA UBISOFT IS OUR ALLY, THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN OUR ALLY!

A couple of months ago when Rayman on the Wii U was delayed:

WE ARE AT WAR WITH EAURASIA UBISOFT, WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EAURASIA UBISOFT etc

Remember that? If I recall correctly ShadowSoldier was one of the most vocal people telling Ubi to go fuck themselves constantly to the point where his posts were getting deleted. Now watch him hold Ubi up on a pedestal because they said something positive about his precious Wii U.

So yep, it is classic delusional doublethink straight out of 1984.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the terrible decision was ME3 for WiiU and ME Trilogy for all other consoles, same price. At least IMO.

To be fair, it would have been extremely expensive to port over the trilogy - they'd have to do a port job for 3 games rather than just one. They would've been better off not porting the game at all, but there you go.

Also, yay, yet another "Persec-U-tion!" thread. Whoopee.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most ironic thing is that ShadowSoldier was the one that was that made the thread Absolutely bashing Ubisoft about the Rayman Delay, and is now making this thread~

Side note, Everything Ubisoft is making, is also coming to current gen consoles and Next gen consoles. So for people thinking this is incentive to pick up a wii u... It's not ._.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn