Ubisoft has delayed Assassin's Creed Shadows

assassins_creed_shadows_japan___2024_video_game-t2.jpg

Originally due out in two months, Ubisoft has decided to delay Assassin's Creed Shadows. Part of the reason for the delay is because of player feedback from Ubisoft's other recent release, Star Wars Outlaws, which garnered lots of negative reception for overly difficult stealth sections, which Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been tasked with patching post-launch. The company is hoping that the extra time to polish the game will make for a better overall game, and will lead to better sales, as their recent output has been disappointing, commercially, according to a recent financial report. Assassin's Creed Shadows is now due out on February 14th.

:arrow: Source
 
This whole controversy is just silly to me.

It’s funny how games like this one could depict Nobunaga having a crush on Marie Antoniette and have a magical space adventure with two animated drums and a robot bunny, but things must be historically accurate if the main character is black.

Pick on Ubisoft as much as you want for wanting to focus on the only black historical character of the whole Japan to make a videogame, but don’t pretend to be offended on behalf of Japan whose art and literature regularly depicts historical figures in apocryphal ways.
Your ignorance amazes me. That's like me attempting to make a biographical documentary a/b your life w/o interviewing you personally then calling you "asshat" throughout the documentary as if that was your given birthname even though I could've easily asked you what did you normally go by for the time, but rather than actually doing my research/homework, I take it upon myself to randomly make things up on the fly, taking liberties that stray away from objective truth and reality by presuming the occurrence of certain series of events and environments that more than likely never took place or shape, all the while being insensitive towards my original objective of making a "biographical" documentary.

Your whole take is part of the problem: blatant disregard for another nation's culture, and I'm pretty sure you don't even have a passport to travel outside of your native country to see the world outside of your limited scope or point of view. What bothers me is folks like you who always lean on 'whataboutism' when it comes to defending your arguments, but you lack critical thinking skills w/ your inability to articulate ideas to counter opposing views.
Post automatically merged:

If you bothered to, you would have seen that Paul (/u/Parallelpain) provided reasonable evidence to back up the claim. You can’t even claim it being a “convenient” post, since the thread was made after the trailer and people were already saying that he wasn’t a samurai. And Paul’s post history is heavy on Asian history and definitely isn’t just some random guy making things up. I fucking hate Reddit and yet they’re more reasonable than you.
Take your own advice. Evidently, you don't even know what you're talking a/b. Last time I checked, RustInPeace could speak for himself/herself. Sad, low IQ behavior coming from you which shouldn't be a surprise based on your original comment 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️.
 
Last edited by urbanman2004,
I was first exposed to the Yasuke story through this recent video by Th3Birdman, where he explained the man's backstory. Skip to 17:59.


Yasuke has been in Japanese-produced video games like Samurai Warriors 5 and Nioh.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: urbanman2004
Who fucking cares if he was real or not? Almost nobody wants to play as a black Samurai in an Assassin Creed game based in Japan. Has there even ever been a Japanese male in an Assassin Creed game?

If Ubisoft wanted a "token" so bad, they should have used this guy, at least his story is way more interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(samurai)
???? the one legged torii is a gate that was partially destroyed in WW2, they're using it as promotional media for this game

since you like linking wikipedia articles so much
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sannō_Shrine
 
This controversy is funny. While I personally don’t like DEI stuff and would prefer a real Japanese man, I don’t see how this is any different from other AC games. AC has always featured historically inspired characters, but fictionalized. For example, Pythagoras wasn’t actually 150 years old and didn’t hide himself in Atlantis. So, choosing a famous Black whether he was actually a samurai or not and show him as one is exactly the kind of thing AC would do. Even the Nioh games had a character inspired by Yasuke. Well the real controvery is on Ubis part, defending that this is in fact historical accurate instead being inspired.
 
just like the acolyte outlaws was a bad idea. and just like the star wars sequel trilogy it was a bad idea. ubisoft is attaching itself to the star wars syndrome. the problem is pretty simple but they will not acknowledge the fans and will attack the fans and then keep doing the same thing over and over and question why they are seeing a dip in their sales and reputation.
 
So Will Ospreay did that song and dance with Ezio Auditore in AEW All In for a release date that isn't even gonna happen huh XD.
 
This all comes down to expectations.

Whether Yasuke was an actual samurai or not, which for the record he was, I don't think this is the samurai AC game people have been wanting for such a long time. It could have been an Inuit from space or cowboy from the future, it really wouldn't have mattered.

Sure, there is a loud minority shouting racist remarks, which should be condemned. But the majority of the voices that are annoyed by this are probably just people wanting to play the expected "regular" samurai in the expected samurai game.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: urbanman2004

Originally due out in two months, Ubisoft has decided to delay Assassin's Creed Shadows. Part of the reason for the delay is because of player feedback from Ubisoft's other recent release, Star Wars Outlaws, which garnered lots of negative reception for overly difficult stealth sections, which Ubisoft's Massive Entertainment has been tasked with patching post-launch. The company is hoping that the extra time to polish the game will make for a better overall game, and will lead to better sales, as their recent output has been disappointing, commercially, according to a recent financial report. Assassin's Creed Shadows is now due out on February 14th.

:arrow: Source
Difficult stealth? I read the ai was very poor in regards stealth. The main complaint appears to be that stealth is mandatory?
 
which for the record he was
Thats the thing. There is no proper proof of it. Just some few pages about him. It can be that he was a samurai or just a helper. Not enough history is saved about it apparently.

The author of that book, just filled in A LOT of blanks, like... 95% of his book is just fluff without any history connection to Yasuke.
There is no doubts that Yasuke existed, but what he did in Japan is very much up to interpretations from the few pages that exists about him.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Yasuke
https://x.com/GiveMeBanHammer/status/1810915320128754008

EDIT: Also isn't Assassin's Creed about ASSASSINS. You know what Japan had that was very famous for assassins... NINJAS!
 
I guess gamers are tried of getting preached at. The economy sucks ass worldwide so I know I am i'm far more sensitive to what gets my money.
Post automatically merged:

This all comes down to expectations.

Whether Yasuke was an actual samurai or not, which for the record he was, I don't think this is the samurai AC game people have been wanting for such a long time. It could have been an Inuit from space or cowboy from the future, it really wouldn't have mattered.

Sure, there is a loud minority shouting racist remarks, which should be condemned. But the majority of the voices that are annoyed by this are probably just people wanting to play the expected "regular" samurai in the expected samurai game.
actual japanese historians say otherwise. its big controversy in japan right now. Thomas Lockely's fabrication even made to japanese television, and people were mad. It's one of the MANY reasons Ubisoft pulled out of the TGS
 
  • Like
Reactions: FFTW
Thats the thing. There is no proper proof of it. Just some few pages about him. It can be that he was a samurai or just a helper. Not enough history is saved about it apparently.

The author of that book, just filled in A LOT of blanks, like... 95% of his book is just fluff without any history connection to Yasuke.
There is no doubts that Yasuke existed, but what he did in Japan is very much up to interpretations from the few pages that exists about him.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Yasuke
https://x.com/GiveMeBanHammer/status/1810915320128754008

EDIT: Also isn't Assassin's Creed about ASSASSINS. You know what Japan had that was very famous for assassins... NINJAS!
That's facts. And just to add, last time I checked, none of the protagonists prior were being based on actual historical figures who previously existed. Altaïr, Ezio, Connor Kenway, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FFTW
That's facts. And just to add, last time I checked, none of the protagonists prior were being based on actual historical figures who previously existed. Altaïr, Ezio, Connor Kenway, etc.
Nope, none. It's safer to do it that way. I don't remember the name of the Ninja but I just take a massive fat guess here and guess she isn't historical either.

If they wanted a darkskinned protaganist, why couldn't we get like a Zulu warrior turning to the Assassins to fight the British during the Victorian era? I would be down for that!
 
Your ignorance amazes me.
Oh boy, are we really doing this? Ok then. I was ready to simply add you to my ignore list but I’m going to call you out on your idiocy.

That's like me attempting to make a biographical documentary a/b your life w/o interviewing you personally then calling you "asshat" throughout the documentary as if that was your given birthname
That’s definitely not like this. You didn’t even look at what Paul said (just like you admitted yourself) nor what the video I linked was about. You have zero organic thoughts and simply repeat the most idiotic takes someone else has said and the fact that you refuse to look at what people say, but instead resort to petty insults like your whole dumbass post, is the proof.
but rather than actually doing my research/homework, I take it upon myself to randomly make things up on the fly, taking liberties that stray away from objective truth and reality by presuming the occurrence of certain series of events and environments that more than likely never took place or shape, all the while being insensitive towards my original objective of making a "biographical" documentary.
Literally what you’ve been doing. “I’m not going to read this”, “I’m not going to read that” and so on.
Your whole take is part of the problem: blatant disregard for another nation's culture
You have no idea about anything related to Japan, Japanese history, Japanese culture and Japanese heritage. You’re just mad about a black guy and your post history shows your true colors.
and I'm pretty sure you don't even have a passport to travel outside of your native country to see the world outside of your limited scope or point of view.
More petty insults from someone I’m certain is still living with his parents. I have an apartment in Hokkaidō that I didn’t just buy because I felt like it and I’m not going to get told a bunch of petty and hateful bullshit by a troll whose only exposition to Japan was Naruto.
What bothers me is folks like you who always lean on 'whataboutism' when it comes to defending your arguments, but you lack critical thinking skills w/ your inability to articulate ideas to counter opposing views.
Let’s look at the facts: I made a simple comments stating my opinion, then replied to your idiotic post insulting another user saying that you don’t even want to read the proof that what you said is wrong. Then you made a long rant being petty because I simply called you out because you didn’t want to read it. Your post is still there, showcasing your ignorance and your bad faith. You’ve been spewing hate and projecting like crazy.
Take your own advice. Evidently, you don't even know what you're talking a/b.
Again, coming from the king of ignorance himself. Your whole wall of text is an insult to the eyes of all the poor people whom were unlucky enough to read about your incoherent ramblings.
Last time I checked, RustInPeace could speak for himself/herself
You didn’t check for shit, since you admitted that you didn’t even read it. And you have no idea who Paul is. You don’t even know what people are talking about. You live in your little world where you can simply claim something false, get presented proof, decide to ignore it and insult people who call your shitty behaviour out.
Sad, low IQ behavior coming from you which shouldn't be a surprise based on your original comment 🤦🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️.
Your whole post history is an agglomerate of hate and trolling. I feel bad for the people who actually care for this situation, because you have an absolutely useless person like you roaming the thread trying to pick internet fights when you have nothing in your greasy hands. Go outside and touch grass. I’m done talking to you.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: urbanman2004
???? the one legged torii is a gate that was partially destroyed in WW2, they're using it as promotional media for this game

since you like linking wikipedia articles so much
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sannō_Shrine
Knowing Ubisoft, they were probably retarded enough to think that the "one legged" Torii" was always like that for over a thousand years. And I "like" linking Wikipedia articles so much? I only linked Wikipedia once in this thread.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted