Ubisoft Announce WiiU Watch_Dogs Release Date

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Sep 10, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    51k02+rBfUL._SY300_.jpg

London, UK – September 10, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced that record-breaking open-world action game, Watch Dogs, will be available for the Wii U™ system from Nintendo on November 18th in the US and 21st in the EU.
    The development of Watch Dogs on Wii U is being led by Ubisoft Bucharest, in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal.
    :arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow:GBAtemp Watch_Dogs Review

Will you be picking up the game on WiiU?

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    No cos I got it on PS4.

3. Katsumi San

Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2012
    Kyoto
    はい

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    What records did it break?

Joe88 likes this.
  5. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    The record for being incredibly over hyped and not delivering.

6. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I believe it was the most preordered new IP in history but Destiny has taken that record now.

7. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Highest preorders : metacritic user score ratio?

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    They should just be straightforward and call this the "At Least It's Something" edition.

I think it was just in "Ubisoft's history" or something along those lines, iirc.

Kippykip and MegaAce™ like this.
  9. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The

Watch Dogs: Wii Tried edition.

Xabring, Walker D, raulpica and 16 others like this.
  10. NakedFaerie

NakedFaerie GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2007
    In the shadows behind you
    Another WiiU game released way late so everyone has already got it and finished it on other platforms. I finished it on PS3 twice, and playing a long playthrough on PS4 now. I was actually playing it tonight and got 2 more hard to get trophies.

I probably will get it as it looks like thats 1 of the last good games for the WiiU and as I like to support them I will get it and I will take my time and finish it. I guess i'll finish the PS4 version first.

Still, they have to STOP releasing WiiU games so late. Whats the bet if they released it on WiiU 1 month BEFORE the other consoles they would've sold heaps of it, they would've even sold consoles just for that 1 game.

I hate what the gaming industry AND NintenDOH are doing to the WiiU. But what can the small gamer do about it? Nothing as NintenDOH are too stupid to listen to us and they are too stupid to listen to the game devs too. They are just plain old stupid and thats why the WiiU is going to fail.

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Are we all so quick to forget Peter Molyneux?

raulpica, Taleweaver, emigre and 3 others like this.
  12. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    so they finally announced it's execution date. i mean release.

13. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    inb4 "games just won't sell on Wii U" after postponing announcement for this long.

14. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Fuck no. Holiday season is for Smash Bros 4!

I'll perhaps purchase Watch Dogs when it drops down to £10 like it happened with Splinter Cell: Blacklist but until then that'll take sometime which I'm willing to wait for as this isn't really a game I've been hyped for and even more so seeing how displeasing the final version of WD was compared to the E3 footage.

15. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Biggest marketing dishonesty to sales achieved ratio.

Every modern publisher's dream.

16. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Florida
    I was waiting for this for a loooooooong time xD i was scared about a cancellation... i'll definitely buy this one... since its the last "Mature" game from Ubisoft for Wii U :cry:

17. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Ill wait to see the reviews and what they've changed from the original. If barely anything has changed then im just gonna give it a miss. I wanted this in november and i wanted this when they delayed it and i thought they were going to release it with the others. Now tho? All the negative reviews of it have just put me off it and quite frankly ubisoft have basically given the middle finger to serious gamers on the wii-u. Only a crazy good review would sway me right now.

18. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I'll get this one. I lost the interest in it since it's such a fucking late release, and I'm quite pissed that they delayed it or DIDN'T delay it on other consoles (cf Rayman). But to support the Wii U I will get it.

19. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Watch Dogs release for Wii U this November will make up for the absence of the next Call of Duty game. If Activision don't want my money the Ubisoft will get it. All this money and nothing to spend it on.

20. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Mature games from Ubisoft that I remember..

• Splinter Cell (bring back Mr. Ironside to voice Fisher one last time or gtfo!)
    • Prince of Persia (when the hell are we getting a sequel for Prince of Persia 08, Ubi?!)
    • Rainbow Six (never really cared for this franchise)
    • Far Cry
    • The Division
    • The Crew
    These above are what I'd call mature and somewhat realistic whereas Watch Dogs just tries too hard and ends up being an arcadey driver and an imitation of Saints Row. I'd call GTA mature and WD kiddy, if I were to. No I didn't forget Driver it's not really that mature of a game neither.

Anyway, by 2015/16 I'll be buying a PS4 and Rayman Legends on the Wii U made me hate how they handled the game so don't give a fuck about supporting UbiSoft on the Wii U. Ya sure they were showing the potential of the GamePad but that was horribly annoying and tiresome.