U2 Flashcart

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Giangsta, Nov 9, 2008.

Nov 9, 2008

U2 Flashcart by Giangsta at 12:05 PM (799 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    **tried searching but can't because its less then 3 letters**

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17539

I already have 2 spare flash carts lying around my room (DSTT and Acekard 2) but theres a a tiny voice (which i shouldn't listen to) nagging me to buy this.

Assuming that it's just a DSTT clone running off of some sort of YSmenu wannabe/ripoff we can assume it's got fairly good credibility and reliability?

your thoughts please? [​IMG]

2. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Why would you buy it?

It's running a modified version of Ysmenu and the real version of Ysmenu is available for both your DSTT and your Acekard 2.

3. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    yeha, in all honesty i shouldn't buy it solely for the fact that i already have unused flashcarts atm but something about it just makes me want to buy it (supercheap $$$)....hmms

offtopic- i don't like U2 music or anything so that cant be it either [​IMG]

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    As long as this one is as expensive as the real DSTT it seems a bit pointless. With the DSTT, you always have to choice to run the newer, real DSTT software.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It has been confirmed to be a fake DSTT running YSMenu (without permission from the author). Yasu might require registration for YSMenu in the furture to prevent the U2 from running his menu. Team DSTT has threatened to release a "fake-killer" firmware which would destroy it, possibly even if used with YSMenu (since YSMenu uses the official loader). So if either of these things happen, the U2's menu might no longer be supported.

It costs as much as a real DSTT, but has a chance of no longer working in the future at best, or being destroyed by "fake-killer" firmware (along with your microSD card) at worst. Tell us again why you want this if you already have a real DSTT and an AK2?

-Bri