Hardware Hacking Homebrew U-stealth R8 trouble

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only option I know of to correct this, possibly, is to use disk part to format it. I don't think disk management works to fix that one byte that makes it hidden/unhidden AB/AA. I have no idea why you're getting an error unless the disk is disconnecting itself for some reason.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked to make sure I was remembering right, yep, it's right. I changed it manually, then used ustealth to change to normal, and it's back to 55 AA again:

disk unchanged:

1647113588446.png

1647113618208.png

1647113686892.png

1647113719108.png

Feltzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only option I know of to correct this, possibly, is to use disk part to format it. I don't think disk management works to fix that one byte that makes it hidden/unhidden AB/AA. I have no idea why you're getting an error unless the disk is disconnecting itself for some reason.
That seems to be what it does because when I do try to format it it’s not longer detected after it fails, I’ve tried disk part to do it and several partition programs and even used superuser on my Mac and still seems like it disconnects itself before it can be formatted. So I’m guessing at this point maybe it really is just beyond fixing, never really came across anything like it before myself either.

Reactions: godreborn

Feltzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I thought you were going to say "Sorny." :P
Naaaah lol XD but yep it is generic so I guess you couldn’t put much stock into it. My new one is Sandisk and had a lot of space so it definitely should suit me much better, also heard from guides that brand is really good for Wii U homebrew :yayu:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that flash drive I tested for you above seems to be a pos or something. it gets really hot when it's plugged in. I think outer shell is metal or something. it's not like my other flash drives. also, be careful with flash drives and the wiiu, it doesn't like them a lot of the time.

Reactions: Feltzer

Feltzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that flash drive I tested for you above seems to be a pos or something. it gets really hot when it's plugged in. I think outer shell is metal or something. it's not like my other flash drives. also, be careful with flash drives and the wiiu, it doesn't like them a lot of the time.
I’ll be sure to keep that in mind, I actually want to try to get an external eventually and a compatible cable. From what I heard though, the Wii U can be very fussy with brands there too and it seems to have a 300 tile limit for the Wii U Home Screen, but I’m unsure if that counts the software in folders too.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does count the software in folders. from what I understand, the wiiu uses a database like an xml or db, and there's only so much room in it, so it's extremely difficult to patch that limit out. you can use more if you get system config tool. that will just have a list of games instead.

Feltzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does count the software in folders. from what I understand, the wiiu uses a database like an xml or db, and there's only so much room in it, so it's extremely difficult to patch that limit out. you can use more if you get system config tool. that will just have a list of games instead.
Oh cool! Is that homebrew? Thanks for all the info, it’s really informative, I honestly doubt I’ll ever amass that much software but it’s helpful to know just in case!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a Nintendo app that comes with the sdk. you need to find one patched for retail. you won't find it here, since it contains Nintendo code.

Feltzer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a Nintendo app that comes with the sdk. you need to find one patched for retail. you won't find it here, since it contains Nintendo code.
I see, a Google on it looks like it’s a special menu for devs or something at a glance. I’ll take a peek at it, honestly I never know much past the basics of softmodding and homebrew but what can be done is really awesome and impressive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, a Google on it looks like it’s a special menu for devs or something at a glance. I’ll take a peek at it, honestly I never know much past the basics of softmodding and homebrew but what can be done is really awesome and impressive.
Be careful with it. Just use it for saves and games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte