Gaming Type of game the PS Vita accepts.

Discover

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo peoplez of da Temperz!

Just wondering if the PS Vita takes UMD's (unlikely, I'm assuming) or if not, what type of cartridge it will accept.

Many thanks.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
That fact is little is known about it. They say it takes a new type of media, but from what i can assume from all that i know at this point is that it's gonna be something sorta small (smaller than UMD) that inserts into the side? of the psv, maybe there's a eject button? fuck it, i don't really know....
dry.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
quote from Sony Posts Massive PS Vita FAQ, No Replaceable Battery, No Video Out? thread
QUOTE said:
It is a small flash memory based card, dedicated for PS Vita. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store add-on game content or the game save directly on the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich, immersive games. We will announce the official name at a later date.
We can probably expect some uber numbers
laugh.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card sounds very interesting, I've been waiting for info for some time now.

since you can write to it, I wonder if they intend to eventually sell blank ones as well. I also wonder how hard it would be given a blank one (or buying a super cheap game) to copy an expensive game over the old one and sell it back, or do such things like that.

Unless there's some good protection to secure the main data, this could very well change the used games industry, a lot.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
The card sounds very interesting, I've been waiting for info for some time now.

since you can write to it, I wonder if they intend to eventually sell blank ones as well. I also wonder how hard it would be given a blank one (or buying a super cheap game) to copy an expensive game over the old one and sell it back, or do such things like that.

Unless there's some good protection to secure the main data, this could very well change the used games industry, a lot.

It'll probably be extremely secure. You know how these big companies are about their precious data. Though the homebrew possibilities of a blank card certainly excite me.. but alas; it will likely never be.

D

Deleted User

Discover said:
Yo peoplez of da Temperz!

Just wondering if the PS Vita takes UMD's (unlikely, I'm assuming) or if not, what type of cartridge it will accept.

Many thanks.
It takes NVG cards

Lights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Software will be distributed on something called a "Vita Card" which is similar to the type of flash cards the 3DS has. Vita cards are supposed to be 2GB and 4GB in size and they say higher capacity cards will be made in the future. Here's an image of the new XrossMediaBar, an improved version called "LiveArea".

NGP_LiveArea.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative