Question TX OS 1.6 Cannot Record Software?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by CKkio23, Sep 4, 2018.

1. CKkio23
    OP

CKkio23 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United States
    I'm playing my dumped games on sx OS and I love to record MK8 but when playing on sx OS I'm given with the error that I cannot record this software? I put my games on the supporting folder sxos do you think because it's not in the root? Don't want to move stuff rn. Or is this a bug or the way sx OS works?

nWo likes this.
  2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Some nintendo-published games have this feature disabled to free more power for rendering. Of course nin only allow themselves to do that.

3. TimeMaster

TimeMaster GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2017
    Canada
    I could record software on SX OS 1.6 just fine. I use SX OS 1.8 now and still works fine.

4. CKkio23
    OP

CKkio23 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United States
    It Mario Kart 8 cartridge works fine for me, xci backup doesn't. Should I update to 1.8? I'm on 1.6 as I don't have firmware 6 yet.

5. CKkio23
    OP

CKkio23 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2018
    United States
    OMG lol found the issue. I forgot to update MK8. Was using 1.0

6. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    For what it's worth, this is entirely backwards. Recording is opt-in, not opt-out, and the vast majority of the Switch library doesn't have it enabled. It is in fact basically only Nintendo-published games that have it enabled lol.