Two Taiko games are headed west

IMG_0067.JPG

Earlier this month, we saw an Australian Ratings Board leak for a potential localization for Taiko: Drum 'n Fun for the Nintendo Switch. Today, it was confirmed that the game would be coming to North America and Europe on November 2. This marks the first Taiko game to get an official English translation since a very heavily edited localization on the PS2.

However, this wasn't the only announcement that Bandai Namco made in regards to Taiko. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session will be launching exclusively on the PlayStation 4 on the same day; November 2. You can see the announcement trailer below.

Enjoy the cult classic arcade rhythm game from Japan in the comfort of your own home! Play to the beat using your own drum with wide variety of new songs and challenge your friends to prove who has the best taiko skills. Enjoy beloved characters on your journey to become a legendary taiko drummer! Enjoy a casual and competitive Taiko arcade experience on the PlayStation 4 through standard rhythm mode and ranked versus play.

Key Features

• Play With Your Friends – Play with a friend in co-op and versus mode, or play online with ghost data of your friends to see who can achieve the best score.
  • Ranked Mode – Connect online and test your skills against the ghost data of Taiko players all over the world to see who is #1.
  • Many Characters Available – Play Guest Session using characters such as Hatsune Miku, Heihachi Mishima, and more.
  • Enjoy an Iconic Song List – Over 70 songs featuring Dragon Ball Z, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Frozen, and many more!
  • Unlockable Content – Play through the game and unlock costumes for Taiko series mascot Don-chan, sound effects, and greetings

Drum N Fun will utilize the Switch Joy-Cons motion as a control scheme, but will also offer traditional controller input as well. Both games will feature songs from popular Japanese anime, and local co-op.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
the switch version game has some issues.
very slow loading speed.
joycon delay.
only about 70 songs.
loading speed is fine for the switch
theres a delay setting where you can fix it/match it to your tv
they'll probably release a LOT of songs as DLC

the joycon motion controls suck ass though

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loading speed is fine for the switch
theres a delay setting where you can fix it/match it to your tv
they'll probably release a LOT of songs as DLC

the joycon motion controls suck ass though
use バチお先生, game play should be a bit better.:ph34r:

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Earlier this month, we saw an Australian Ratings Board leak for a potential localization for Taiko: Drum 'n Fun for the Nintendo Switch. Today, it was confirmed that the game would be coming to North America and Europe on November 2. This marks the first Taiko game to get an official English translation since a very heavily edited localization on the PS2.

However, this wasn't the only announcement that Bandai Namco made in regards to Taiko. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session will be launching exclusively on the PlayStation 4 on the same day; November 2. You can see the announcement trailer below.

Drum N Fun will utilize the Switch Joy-Cons motion as a control scheme, but will also offer traditional controller input as well. Both games will feature songs from popular Japanese anime, and local co-op.

I played a game like this on the Wii, I only had a "backup" tho so me and my brothers played on various shoe boxes. Was fun. What was that one called? Anyone else play it?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love Taiko no Tatsujin ^^

now do they add all the Japanese songs to the English versio or just some or are there even only english songs used ?

I read something about miku which would probably mean it uses the Japanese songs but who knows ...

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my copy in the mail and yeah the switch loading times are unusually long, it takes around 11-12 seconds to jump into a song, around 10 seconds to retry a song and like 13 to go from a song to the main menu, compared to the 3ds taiko mystery adventure it takes around 1.5 seconds for all of these actions. kinda sucks : P

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the drums will not be included?

Will be kinda expensive importing 2 drums and expecting them to work on the western release ofcourse.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Taiko game will have an english text patch on august 9 as a free download update so western release is a no big deal for me. Bigger problem the drum stays in Japan but i already imported one. Works great. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X