Hacking Two of the same games on one usb

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do you want 2 identical games on 1 usb device?

Anyway, to do it you'll have to change the title ID of the game. (I believe GX has this function, but there are probably programs (like WBFS manager) to do this as well.)

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
When that program that modifies the iso on the fly that is released, it will be no longer necessary right?

Sorry for the wrong terms.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS tool is an easy way to change the title ID of an iso, but I'm sure there are other apps that do the same thing

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gotchapt said:
When that program that modifies the iso on the fly that is released, it will be no longer necessary right?

I assume you are referring to Riivolution?
But that will only work with retail copies of disk that are in the disk-drive, not with usb...

So any hack or any custom levels which you want to play with your usb loader will still require wiiscrubber + diff game id's. Unless of course you want to replace your orig iso... or unless someone else finds a way to make a usb loader read/replace files off an sd/usb drive

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
Pop006 said:
gotchapt said:

I assume you are referring to Riivolution?
But that will only work with retail copies of disk that are in the disk-drive, not with usb...

So any hack or any custom levels which you want to play with your usb loader will still require wiiscrubber + diff game id's. Unless of course you want to replace your orig iso... or unless someone else finds a way to make a usb loader read/replace files off an sd/usb drive

That was it. Thanks for the info
smile.gif

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Just curious about a related topic.. if you change the game id of a game.. will your Wii create two separate saves for the game?

Would be useful if you run out of save profiles on a particular game. Instead of having to decide which one is least wanted.. or going through the hassle of backing up saved games when you run out.. just make a new one with a different id and carry on as usual..

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes indeed it does since it thinks its a completely different game (since it has a different id it saves to its own save slot)

edit: i use the utility i linked all the time for gh customs that i make and also when im ripping my old multi discs to my computer.

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Changeing only GameID will not as far as I know create another save. You have to change Ticket/TMD ID Also..
But I can be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1