TWLoader Saves

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pakhitew-Island, May 6, 2017.

1. Pakhitew-Island
    OP

Pakhitew-Island GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    If I'm running a game off TWLoader using my SD Card, and then eventually get a flashcard, it is possible to transfer that save from the sd to the flashcard right? I may get one very soon and dont want to start a run of Mario 64 DS that goes to wast because I cant use the save.

Also, I have no idea how to set up a flashcard but I'll figure it out when I get one. I assume r4 Gold is still reliable.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    what format is the save in?

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Most likely yes, I haven't used TWLoader but I'm almost sure it would be using raw saves, which is what almost all DS flashcarts use, and if not, there are converters to convert between pretty much all known formats.

4. Pakhitew-Island
    OP

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    I do have a converter from when I was converting between NO$ and Desmume anyways, so it's probably no trouble.

Not entirely sure, I was planning to check now though.

5. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    yes, I've been using twloader to load Castlevania Dawn of sorrow from my SD card and then load the save file I created when I had a Dstwo card, most flashcarts use .sav files for the saves so you only have to copy the .sav files from your 3DS's SD card to the appropriate folder in your flashcart's micro SD.

Last edited by lordkaos, May 6, 2017
    Pakhitew-Island likes this.
  6. Pakhitew-Island
    OP

Apr 16, 2017
    Jamaica
    That's fortunate. Though the only games I plan to play are Mario 64 and Squeak Squad. Since multiplayer is so finicky on Mario Kart DS